+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff take advantage of Villa slip and the promotion finishing line comes into view.

Cardiff take advantage of Villa slip and the promotion finishing line comes into view.

Re: Cardiff take advantage of Villa slip and the promotion finishing line comes into view.

Excellent match report again, Paul.

However, I am disappointed that you share the Wales Online inability to remember the late, great Fred Guonongbe when listing our injured and missing. He has been airbrushed out of CCFC history like a Stalin-era Trotskyist on a Red Square podium. Amazingly we have continued to rack up the wins and the points without him!

Re: Cardiff take advantage of Villa slip and the promotion finishing line comes into view.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

However, I am disappointed that you share the Wales Online inability to remember the late, great Fred Guonongbe when listing our injured and missing. He has been airbrushed out of CCFC history like a Stalin-era Trotskyist on a Red Square podium. Amazingly we have continued to rack up the wins and the points without him!
    He's going to be our secret weapon in the Premier League. This time next year we'll be singing his praises as a hat-trick at the Etihad sees him become the first City player to score 30 goals in a season since Earnshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I'm ashamed to say that I'd forgotten all about him jon - sadly, we've still not scored a goal while he's been on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm ashamed to say that I'd forgotten all about him jon - sadly, we've still not scored a goal while he's been on the pitch.
    Fred was the key reason we won at Barnsley. He came on when the ball went out for a corner and Paterson immediately scored.