+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Re: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Must have missed this. VT barely gets a mention nowadays. When he does it’s usually people acknowledging that he seems to have learned by his mistakes and is running the club much better. Sounds like you’re just trying to start an argument.

No, sorry if you misunderstood but my comments were solely aimed at Sunderlandbluebird who has used the type of language in his earlier post on this thread, a number of times previously.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    good reply

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It's a no from me. He's still a wanker. Will wait to see how he reacts to the praise Neil Warnock gets if he takes us up.

Being back in the prem - it wouldn't surprise me if the man's ego takes centre stage again. Let's hope not but he certainly won't be getting a round of applause from me, I'll save that for the players, coaches and Warnock - the people who made this possible.
    So who paid for it all then? Mistakes and all?

It's a no from me. He's still a wanker. Will wait to see how he reacts to the praise Neil Warnock gets if he takes us up.

Being back in the prem - it wouldn't surprise me if the man's ego takes centre stage again. Let's hope not but he certainly won't be getting a round of applause from me, I'll save that for the players, coaches and Warnock - the people who made this possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Init though
    Last edited by MacAdder; 14-03-18 at 11:42. Reason: included OP

More just don't acknowledge him at all but thanks for your insight
    You've done well in that respect eh.

Maybe follow your own advice and don't mention him...

People who are still moaning about Tan should take a look at Blackpool, who also got 1 year in the premier league. Yes he was a complete idiot changing the colour of the shirt, but he was big enough to change it back and continue to support the club financially and trying to keep us within FFP.

More just don't acknowledge him at all but thanks for your insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Sorry guys, looks like I stumbled on a thread where only agreement with the OP is acceptable.

Please, Tan, go to the promotion party where the tannoy man can tell us how you were the one who made it all possible. Don't forget your cheque book though! Last time you just brought your mum, and you can't buy strikers with mums.
    You can have whatever opinion you like.

Fact is I've got it tattooed in my head as I've seen it 64000 times.

Your boring. We know you hate tan.

There, can give it up now instead of copying and pasting it on every thread he's mentioned.

**** Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If we go up - Neil Kinnock should feck off! Where was he on a wet and windy Tuesday night?
    Probably making the wind.

I appreciate some will never forgive the change to red and I am not here to suggest otherwise ! He was poorly advised or ignored advice about the impact to the regular Cardiff City supporters. I admit it still turns my stomach seeing that photo of people holding up the free red scarves at the BHA game
    But I think with the floating support just interested in attending Cup finals or Premier League games along with regular supporters desperate to finally achieve promotion to the top division for the first time in 50 years, he was able to point at capacity or near capacity crowds as vindication that nothing was wrong ! Yes there were protests of sorts, the support for Malky,etc but the full impact of the rebrand wasn’t felt by Tan until we got relegated.

Once it became clear that we didn’t have the manager or squad to compete for promotion back to the Premier League , attendances dropped quickly , initially that had been covered by the renewals whilst we were still in the Premier League but the following season ticket sales hurt him badly ! The stadium was 3/4 empty and felt soulless, the football on the pitch didn’t help either !
    The problem was he lost die hard supporters infruriated with the disrespect regarding the rebrand along with the floating support who didn’t have the affinity with the club to go to watch Championship football hence why we have struggled this season to hit those attendance figures to match the previous seasons when in a similar position. In addition, the continual media bashing we get about the way we play doesn’t help convince people to give up some time and money to come along!

Me well , I love the fact that this team go out and compete every game and at least look like they are trying their best and we have a wily manager who has pulled the whole club back together and his efforts for that should be recognised by all involved in football even if his managerial style and tactics aren’t !!!! Hopefully he will get the correct recognition for his achievement of an 8th promotion if we can maintain our form over last 9 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Oh give it up will for F sake.

Have you never made a mistake ?
    Have you ever done something and then realised it was the wrong thing to have done ?
    Have you ever said sorry
    Have you ever accepted someones apology etc

Fine, you have your opinion - if you dont want to - DONT COME to games. If you want to celebrate with the team, the manager, the chairman, other fans etc - then please do come and enjoy yourself.
    Hahaha. I've been to over half the away games this season and all but one at home. I'll continue to go to Cardiff games, support the players and staff.

Apologies that a few wins and a potential promotion won't change my opinion on someone. Also apologies that my opinion isn't the same as yours, grow up.

You've done well in that respect eh.

Maybe follow your own advice and don't mention him...
    Are you thick? Read the post where you mentioned Instagram and Twitter and mentioning him without any reason to do so.

Amazing that a Cardiff City mb thread about Tan should be a place to mention him. Or is this the Tan appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Currently Cardiff owe Tan tens of millions, so Cardiff are currently liable to pay for the mistakes. At least all these fans that have come in to replace ex fans like me are going to boost revenues hey?

Hahaha. I've been to over half the away games this season and all but one at home. I'll continue to go to Cardiff games, support the players and staff.

Apologies that a few wins and a potential promotion won't change my opinion on someone. Also apologies that my opinion isn't the same as yours, grow up.
    Well said, but this thread seems to be one where we woo open Tans chequebook.

Are you thick? Read the post where you mentioned Instagram and Twitter and mentioning him without any reason to do so.

Amazing that a Cardiff City mb thread about Tan should be a place to mention him. Or is this the Tan appreciation thread?
    You didn't have to comment did you.

It's quite obvious that you will be in a minority and posting views people already know you have ismt really adding to the thread is it, it's obviously going to be met by people who disagree and have more positive opinions.

The Twitter comment was because I've seen in the past people use the hashtag on EVERY post they've made.. it's really quite obsessive and sad.

You didn't have to comment did you.

It's quite obvious that you will be in a minority and posting views people already know you have ismt really adding to the thread is it, it's obviously going to be met by people who disagree and have more positive opinions.

The Twitter comment was because I've seen in the past people use the hashtag on EVERY post they've made.. it's really quite obsessive and sad.
    If people disagree that's fine.

I'm not arguing with people, I've purely given my opinion and been jumped on for it by about six posters.

I'm not arguing with people, I've purely given my opinion and been jumped on for it by about six posters.
    You are entitled to have and give your rational opinion on Tan but why call him a w***** on every post you make about him. Thats why people are 'jumping on you' as you say. Totally embarassing and unnesscessary with no recognition of the good things he has done for the club.

I’ve changed my thoughts since we first had this argument 5 years ago.

I’ve got people already asking me about tickets if we go up. I know of people who are going to buy season tickets soon, just in case we go up with no intention of using them if we’re still in the Championship.

I originally thought (such as TLG) **** them it’s their choice. But now, if it really was the colour/badge change was the reason they stopped going to games then they’re are obviously passionate cardiff fans. That felt so strongly about the change that they needed to become martyrs.

I would love everyone to be able to enjoy the success after the infighting and rows as the lost fans are missed. That also goes for VT who definitely may feel alienated after having his fingers burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are entitled to have and give your rational opinion on Tan but why call him a w***** on every post you make about him. Thats why people are 'jumping on you' as you say. Totally embarassing and unnesscessary with no recognition of the good things he has done for the club.
    I just had to go back until 28th October to find the last post I made about him in which I posted I hope he was bored during the Cardiff v Millwall game and sells up.

Unless there has not been a thread on Tan in the last 5 months then I don't think I get involved in much about him on here. So I don't tweet about him randomly, add hashtags to Instagram posts etc, I just don't like him and never will even if we went on to win the Champions League unless he pulls on a shirt and volleys home the winner.

I'm kind of surprised that's considered an unreasonable view considering what went on and the "core" support that was lost, with his actions that showed a complete and utter lack of respect to a club, city and identity. Yeah, he's made some steps to make up for it but I fully believe that is in a bid to salvage some of the money he had lost. No one can persuade me he turned Cardiff back to blue out of the kindness of his heart. If anyone believes that then that's their choice

Because you are one eyed.

I see the bad he DID and the good he is DOING and continuing with.

I don't care if another person hates another person, and I know everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Things have changed, personally I've changed my opinion and moved on too.

Is there a reason to continue this thing against Tan?

Can you acknowledge he's got us on a steady footing, has brought in a good manager, brought the wages down and strengthened the team.

What is it people who dislike him want him to do? No dig at you here but I'm just curious.

I'd rather talk like adults than argue with you tbh.

Because you are one eyed.

I see the bad he DID and the good he is DOING and continuing with.

I don't care if another person hates another person, and I know everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Things have changed, personally I've changed my opinion and moved on too.

Is there a reason to continue this thing against Tan?

Can you acknowledge he's got us on a steady footing, has brought in a good manager, brought the wages down and strengthened the team.

What is it people who dislike him want him to do? No dig at you here but I'm just curious.

I'd rather talk like adults than argue with you tbh.
    To be fair any argument (if indeed it is one) between you and Sunderland was started by you. He has a different opinion to you (I probably have a different opinion to both of you). If you think you can change his opinion with a message board exchange (if that is even your intent) then I would suggest you’re attempts will be futile

He’s hardly BIS or TLG

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To be fair any argument (if indeed it is one) between you and Sunderland was started by you. He has a different opinion to you (I probably have a different opinion to both of you). If you think you can change his opinion with a message board exchange (if that is even your intent) then I would suggest you’re attempts will be futile

He’s hardly BIS or TLG
    Like I said, I wasn't looking for an argument so I don't really care what you've got to say here, no offence intended.

I'm saying is rather talk like adults than argue, like it seems to be playing out, so I thought I'd point out in not intent on arguing but rather a nice conversation where I can get to maybe understand his views, I personally grew up hating people around me trying to change my views, so I have never done it to my daughter, and have no interest in trying to with anyone on here either.

Hope that settles things

Like I said, I wasn't looking for an argument so I don't really care what you've got to say here, no offence intended.

I'm saying is rather talk like adults than argue, like it seems to be playing out, so I thought I'd point out in not intent on arguing but rather a nice conversation where I can get to maybe understand his views, I personally grew up hating people around me trying to change my views, so I have never done it to my daughter, and have no interest in trying to with anyone on here either.

Hope that settles things
    No offence taken. Just sharing an opinion based on my interpretation of the available facts

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Maybe Sunderland - should organise a march at the next home away, before kick off - march from the stadium back into Canton at 2:45 - and see how many people join it ?.

SB - do what you want - not many people will be agreeing with you.
    Who mentioned a march?? Strange fella.

I assume you aren't very old if you are so annoyed by someone disliking someone else, or having a different opinion to yourself. Maybe a MB isn't the place for you.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    No offence taken. Just sharing an opinion based on my interpretation of the available facts
    No problem.