+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Re: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because you are one eyed.

I see the bad he DID and the good he is DOING and continuing with.

I don't care if another person hates another person, and I know everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Things have changed, personally I've changed my opinion and moved on too.

Is there a reason to continue this thing against Tan?

Can you acknowledge he's got us on a steady footing, has brought in a good manager, brought the wages down and strengthened the team.

What is it people who dislike him want him to do? No dig at you here but I'm just curious.

I'd rather talk like adults than argue with you tbh.
    I don't think I'm continuing anything. I don't post much stuff on here about him, I don't give him any thought at games, I don't start any Tan out songs.

I think the good manager, steady footing, wages being brought down is all a result of the work from Ken Choo and Dalman. Tan changed the colours back to blue in a bid to get fans back onside when we were doing very poorly with a divided fan base and the club was facing a very bleak future. He didn't do it out of the kindness of his heart, he did it in a bid to save his investment. I will praise him for taking a back seat over the last couple of years and letting Choo and Dalman crack on. That's about it.

I don't like him for the lack of respect he showed over a turbulent 2-3 years. It felt like the PL was the Vincent Tan show. Booing after the Sunderland 2-2 at home, getting all his mates over for the big games, the red shirt over a shirt combo, doing interviews about our goalkeeper shooting more, the clip of him in the car park laughing at a supporter singing about being blue and saying we'll always be red. The constant jibes at Mackay in the final 4 months of the season when it was all done.

It was a business decision to change to red, there was no thought for the identity or tradition of the club. It was a business decision to change back to blue. If we go up then who knows what he will decide on as he clearly seeks out the fame from PL due to his inflated sense of self-importance.

I think this is all old ground and no need to go over it as I have an opinion on what type of person I think he is and am unlikely to change. It doesn't mean I'll boo or derail the team etc, it just means I'll take zero notice of him if he tries to get involved in the celebrations. He shouldn't be, but I sense his ego will ensure he is pitch side.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I don't think I'm continuing anything. I don't post much stuff on here about him, I don't give him any thought at games, I don't start any Tan out songs.

I think the good manager, steady footing, wages being brought down is all a result of the work from Ken Choo and Dalman. Tan changed the colours back to blue in a bid to get fans back onside when we were doing very poorly with a divided fan base and the club was facing a very bleak future. He didn't do it out of the kindness of his heart, he did it in a bid to save his investment. I will praise him for taking a back seat over the last couple of years and letting Choo and Dalman crack on. That's about it.

I don't like him for the lack of respect he showed over a turbulent 2-3 years. It felt like the PL was the Vincent Tan show. Booing after the Sunderland 2-2 at home, getting all his mates over for the big games, the red shirt over a shirt combo, doing interviews about our goalkeeper shooting more, the clip of him in the car park laughing at a supporter singing about being blue and saying we'll always be red. The constant jibes at Mackay in the final 4 months of the season when it was all done.

It was a business decision to change to red, there was no thought for the identity or tradition of the club. It was a business decision to change back to blue. If we go up then who knows what he will decide on as he clearly seeks out the fame from PL due to his inflated sense of self-importance.

I think this is all old ground and no need to go over it as I have an opinion on what type of person I think he is and am unlikely to change. It doesn't mean I'll boo or derail the team etc, it just means I'll take zero notice of him if he tries to get involved in the celebrations. He shouldn't be, but I sense his ego will ensure he is pitch side.
    Fair play to people for changing their opinions of Vincent Tan, no doubt helped by a long winning run and a 7 point gap from the third placed team.

Should have read "Continuing to to hate Tan" not "continuing this thing with Tan" as rightly you actually haven't persued any sort of thing on here, sorry.

I never went near the ground during the red beer mat period,not saw a premiership game- which I've waited all my life for, all my personal choice.
    Today is a new day.Tan has done his stuff, made his mistakes,even though I despise what he did to the Bluebird identity,I can either stay away as long as he is in charge, or preferably;see that the mam has seen the error in his ways-thus accept it deal with it,move on. Which is exactly where I am at.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Fair play to people for changing their opinions of Vincent Tan, no doubt helped by a long winning run and a 7 point gap from the third placed team.
    Thats a very silly comment because, as you are obviously aware, you have been having the same arguments with people on here for the last two years at least.

I dont care that you dont like him but why do you insist on calling him 'the w***** Tan' in your posts on here ?. That doesn't indicate that you dont give him any thought or that you dont try to provoke a reaction or argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by sanctum of blue View Post
    I always liked Tan.
    I believe when he took over the club he was extremely naive and looked to the directors of the club for their help and guidance.
    Remember all those 'city fans directors' who were owed millions by the club!! These were the same people who said yes to the rebrand then got all their money back and left Tan as the escape goat then disappeared back into the shadows.

Like other posters have said, he made mistakes and will probably make more. If it was not for the rebrand he would be possibly hailed as one of the greatest owners we have ever had (remember Clemo, Kumars, the riddler and Scam hammam).

I detested the red and still don't like the squiggly thing on the badge!!!

Some people need to move on, or go to that other board and ply their toxic antiquated views.

If he carries on like he has since admitting he was wrong and making amends returning us to blue and appointing the best manager in the football league and leaving him do his own thing, then give him a statue ffs. Right next to our Neil's statue after we do a Leicester!

I was one of his biggest critics, but if we can wipe out the memory (and humiliation) of playing in red in the premier by doing it as our true selves, then I’m happy!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I appreciate some will never forgive the change to red and I am not here to suggest otherwise ! He was poorly advised or ignored advice about the impact to the regular Cardiff City supporters. I admit it still turns my stomach seeing that photo of people holding up the free red scarves at the BHA game
    But I think with the floating support just interested in attending Cup finals or Premier League games along with regular supporters desperate to finally achieve promotion to the top division for the first time in 50 years, he was able to point at capacity or near capacity crowds as vindication that nothing was wrong ! Yes there were protests of sorts, the support for Malky,etc but the full impact of the rebrand wasn’t felt by Tan until we got relegated.

Once it became clear that we didn’t have the manager or squad to compete for promotion back to the Premier League , attendances dropped quickly , initially that had been covered by the renewals whilst we were still in the Premier League but the following season ticket sales hurt him badly ! The stadium was 3/4 empty and felt soulless, the football on the pitch didn’t help either !
    The problem was he lost die hard supporters infruriated with the disrespect regarding the rebrand along with the floating support who didn’t have the affinity with the club to go to watch Championship football hence why we have struggled this season to hit those attendance figures to match the previous seasons when in a similar position. In addition, the continual media bashing we get about the way we play doesn’t help convince people to give up some time and money to come along!

Me well , I love the fact that this team go out and compete every game and at least look like they are trying their best and we have a wily manager who has pulled the whole club back together and his efforts for that should be recognised by all involved in football even if his managerial style and tactics aren’t !!!! Hopefully he will get the correct recognition for his achievement of an 8th promotion if we can maintain our form over last 9 games.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If he carries on like he has since admitting he was wrong and making amends returning us to blue and appointing the best manager in the football league and leaving him do his own thing, then give him a statue ffs. Right next to our Neil's statue after we do a Leicester!
    Mr Borley was responsible for pushing the appointment of Mr Warnock.

Perhaps we could go back to red for our next premier league adventure as a mark of respect for that lovely colour?

I jest, Tan is no worse and certainly better than some of the owners in football. I hated the red with a passion, got me in trouble a couple of times, I have since had my photo taken with oor Vinnie so I guess I have let bygones be bygones.
    You have to move forward in life and sometimes let things go.

Come on Vincent, you know it makes sense!

See you Sunday

It's a no from me. He's still a wanker. Will wait to see how he reacts to the praise Neil Warnock gets if he takes us up.

Being back in the prem - it wouldn't surprise me if the man's ego takes centre stage again. Let's hope not but he certainly won't be getting a round of applause from me, I'll save that for the players, coaches and Warnock - the people who made this possible.
    None of whom would be there without the man who made it all possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    None of whom would be there without the man who made it all possible!
    He's learnt from his mistakes, put football people in charge of making football decisions and is now reaping the benefits. Hope to see him there on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    He's learnt from his mistakes, put football people in charge of making football decisions and is now reaping the benefits. Hope to see him there on Sunday.

Where's the evidence that Tan has learned from his mistakes?

He changed us back to blue because he was practically forced into it. And then came up with a ridiculous excuse in an attempt to save face. He's been running the club on the cheap and in absentia ever since.

He's never apologized. He barely even acknowledges the fans. And we still play with a Chinese ****ing dragon on our club crest and tacky "Visit Malaysia" signs all around the stadium and on the club jerseys. Oh, and the club still owes him a ****ing fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

He changed us back to blue because he was practically forced into it. And then came up with a ridiculous excuse in an attempt to save face. He's been running the club on the cheap and in absentia ever since.

He's never apologized. He barely even acknowledges the fans. And we still play with a Chinese ****ing dragon on our club crest and tacky "Visit Malaysia" signs all around the stadium and on the club jerseys. Oh, and the club still owes him a ****ing fortune.
    So you believe there was a knight in shining armour coming to our rescue,with out Tan we would be in worse off than a lot of teams.Yes hes has made mistakes who have not he deserves a second chance.

I'm taking my Malaysian flag - hope he's there

Well at least he hasnt got his decorator in charge of recruitment anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

You wait until the eve of one if the biggest games in the clubs history to drag up and post this load of crap. You really have got a massive chip on your shoulder. There are much more important things to think about over here. Perhaps because you cant go to the game you were at a loose end and thought you would fill in a bit of time. Anyone who would do this cant possibly be a fan any more in my opinion. Go and take your bitter, twisted opinions somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Should be part of the celebrations and should be felt as one of us. No more fighting.
    once the celebrations die down, then approach Arsene Wenger to see if he'd like to try his hand at building the club in the Arsenal manner

Look its been a real collective effort from top to bottom this season so whatever you think of Vincent Tan it would be nice if everybody was there on Sunday to enjoy the moment (if it happens). Its not very often that a football club is this united - enjoy it while it lasts folks.

Look its been a real collective effort from top to bottom this season so whatever you think of Vincent Tan it would be nice if everybody was there on Sunday to enjoy the moment (if it happens). Its not very often that a football club is this united - enjoy it while it lasts folks.
    You mean half the people in the stadium on Sunday will be South Wales Manc plastics?

Well at least he hasnt got his decorator in charge of recruitment anymore.
    Never was.