+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Re: IF we go up - Vincent Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You mean half the people in the stadium on Sunday will be South Wales Manc plastics?
    No, otherwise I would have capatalised it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    So you believe there was a knight in shining armour coming to our rescue,with out Tan we would be in worse off than a lot of teams.Yes hes has made mistakes who have not he deserves a second chance.
    No. What on earth did I write that would make you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You wait until the eve of one if the biggest games in the clubs history to drag up and post this load of crap. You really have got a massive chip on your shoulder. There are much more important things to think about over here. Perhaps because you cant go to the game you were at a loose end and thought you would fill in a bit of time. Anyone who would do this cant possibly be a fan any more in my opinion. Go and take your bitter, twisted opinions somewhere else.
    I'm just responding to someone else's thread. I don't really think the timing is at all relevant. Nor do I think there's any bitter or twisted about what I wrote. It's just a few facts. As for having time on my hands because I'm not going to the the game on Sunday, I don't think that will come in to play until Sunday. And as I am going out to watch the game, I probably won't have that much more time than you. Maybe a bit less even. I don't know far from the ground you live. It's going to take me about an hour to get there. But as it's a 7:30am kick off here, I'll probably spend some time thinking about it on Saturday. I'll definitely have time to spare after the game. I'll basically have the whole day in front of me.

If you have evidence that Tan has learned from his mistakes, I'd love to hear about it. Maybe you don't think he made any mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. What on earth did I write that would make you think that?
    So you would have prefered us to go under than have Tan?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Never was.
    Regardless, the whole affair pretty much summed up Tan's running of the club at the time which thankfully is in the past now. He's reined himself in and allowed others more knowledgeable about the game to take the limelight and the results speak for themselves. So credit wheres its due.

There are many challenges still in front of us but hopefully by Sunday evening we will be in a much stronger position to deal with them in the coming years. I still dont know what the end game is with Tan, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Currently Cardiff owe Tan tens of millions, so Cardiff are currently liable to pay for the mistakes. At least all these fans that have come in to replace ex fans like me are going to boost revenues hey?
    But Cardiff City is Tan, he owns 90%+ of the shares in the club so he owes himself millions. As the debt is on the books we should be paying him interest on it but so far as I recall I've never seen any information or any informed source say he has ever taken the interest out.
    Seems odd for someone only in it for the money doesn't it? But then of course with the interest he'd end up owing himslf even more money!

I hope Tan stays at the club for a very long time.
    The days of being run by gangsters, and fraudsters who had us in and out of the courts fighting off the taxman, and employing casuals as bodyguards are over for now. Long may it continue.
    As much as the colour change pissed a few off, it was readily embraced by the majority. Each individual who parts with hard earned cash to go down the City, is entitled to their opinion.
    I kept going and supporting the team, but never bought or wore anything to do with the red. With in no time, we were back in blue and it looks like we’ll go back up in blue. Happy days. If some fans feel they still can’t forgive and forget, then they are only biting off their noses to spite their face.
    Much worse things happen in life, than your team changing their colours.
    Was there much of an uproar when we changed from our original colours to blue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Currently Cardiff owe Tan tens of millions, so Cardiff are currently liable to pay for the mistakes. At least all these fans that have come in to replace ex fans like me are going to boost revenues hey?
    It is a good job all City (fans) are not like you there would be no fooker down there Sunday ..

So you would have prefered us to go under than have Tan?
    No. I would have prefered Tan to act with some respect and dignity. Instead of like a spoilt child.

Quote Originally Posted by sanctum of blue View Post
    I always liked Tan.
    I believe when he took over the club he was extremely naive and looked to the directors of the club for their help and guidance.
    Remember all those 'city fans directors' who were owed millions by the club!! These were the same people who said yes to the rebrand then got all their money back and left Tan as the escape goat then disappeared back into the shadows.

Like other posters have said, he made mistakes and will probably make more. If it was not for the rebrand he would be possibly hailed as one of the greatest owners we have ever had (remember Clemo, Kumars, the riddler and Scam hammam).

I detested the red and still don't like the squiggly thing on the badge!!!

Some people need to move on, or go to that other board and ply their toxic antiquated views.
    For goodness sake wake up to the fact that to VT it's just a business. He's said so himself and promotion will help him get a return on his investment. Of course he'll join in celebrations etc but he has no long term interest in our club no more than others have had in the past.

Well done to him if his management gets us to the prem, but like all businesses he is in it to make a profit

No. I would have prefered Tan to act with some respect and dignity. Instead of like a spoilt child.
    But he does seemed to have learned how to handle a football club

But he does seemed to have learned how to handle a football club
    He's doing nothing. And it seems to be working. As to whether he's learned anything, you'd have to ask him that. But I suspect he'd be loathe to admit that he did anything wrong in the first place.

He's doing nothing. And it seems to be working. As to whether he's learned anything, you'd have to ask him that. But I suspect he'd be loathe to admit that he did anything wrong in the first place.
    We are where we are because of him,Warnocks appointment funding of the team,so i think Tan has done a few things right.We have spent far less than all the teams in the top six so we are doing things right,just enjoy Sunday and relax.

Where's the evidence that Tan has learned from his mistakes?

He changed us back to blue because he was practically forced into it. And then came up with a ridiculous excuse in an attempt to save face. He's been running the club on the cheap and in absentia ever since.

He's never apologized. He barely even acknowledges the fans. And we still play with a Chinese ****ing dragon on our club crest and tacky "Visit Malaysia" signs all around the stadium and on the club jerseys. Oh, and the club still owes him a ****ing fortune.
    Tacky 'Visit Malaysia?' Isn't all advertising tacky?

He's never apologised and barely recognises the fans? Man up ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Tacky 'Visit Malaysia?' Isn't all advertising tacky?

He's never apologised and barely recognises the fans? Man up ffs.
    What the **** has "manning up" got to do with anything? I don't care for Tan, I don't think this season is "down to him" and I have no desire to show my appreciation for the ****ing owner of the club. The same way I have no desire to celebrate a royal wedding.

This is a ****ing football messageboard, someone else brought up Tan and I responded. You think I waste any of my time in the real world thinking about whether or not Vincent ****ing Tan deserves to be appreciated.

Tan is in this for himself not for you. Why the **** would you want to thank him?