Villa
    Bolton (A)
    Hull (A)
    Reading (H)

Fulham
    QPR (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leeds (H)

I think last night shows predictions are almost impossible to make in this league. But if I had to make a guess on the next 3 games I’d say:

Wolves - 6
    Cardiff - 4
    Villa - 9
    Fulham - 6

Obviously being pessimistic but Villa’s fixtures look very favourable.

Re: Auto Promotion Contenders - The Next 3 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wolves
    Burton (H)
    Boro (A)
    Hull (H)

Cardiff
    Derby (A)
    Burton (H)
    Sheff U (A)

Villa
    Bolton (A)
    Hull (A)
    Reading (H)

Fulham
    QPR (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leeds (H)

I think last night shows predictions are almost impossible to make in this league. But if I had to make a guess on the next 3 games I’d say:

Wolves - 6
    Cardiff - 4
    Villa - 9
    Fulham - 6

If you were predicting anything, Hull are flying and I struggle to see where Fulham are going to drop points. Either way, we've nearly got a 3 game cushion on everyone. If we can get 5/6 points out of this, it will be a fantastic return.

Anything more than 4 would be great for us.

When I’ve watched Fulham they’ve been amazing but they can’t keep winning for ever and Norwich away isn’t easy.

Wolves
    Burton (H) W
    Boro (A) L
    Hull (H) W

Cardiff
    Derby (A) D
    Burton (H) W
    Sheff U (A) D

Villa
    Bolton (A) W
    Hull (A) D
    Reading (H) W

Fulham
    QPR (H) W
    Norwich (A) D
    Leeds (H) W
    Wolves 6
    Villa 7
    Fulham 7
    City 5

If we could get 3 points Sunday it would take a lot of pressure off us.

If any of the other 3 could drop points Saturday it’d be such a boost for us. I’ve put £20 on the treble Saturday just because I’m the world’s biggest jinx.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wolves 6
    Villa 7
    Fulham 7
    City 5
    Wolves 7
    City 5
    Villa 5
    Fulham 7

Cardiff 6
    Wolves 6
    Villa 7
    Fulham 6

Villa have to play away at Hull...who won 3 nil away at Ipswich lastnigh.

Bolton have beaten us, drawn with Fulham and beaten Bristol recently at home

Making predictions is a tough job. How do you (not just the OP, but a general 'you') come to a decision? Do you look at league positions, form (home/away or combined), previous results between the two sides etc. There are so many variables.

Take Villa's games. On paper you'd think they look pretty easy, based on league position. Bolton, prior to defeat by Preston, had gone 6 unbeaten at home, including wins over us and Bristol City, though they've only managed 1 win since beating the carrot crunchers. Hull have won 4 of their last 7 and are in the best form they've showed all season. Reading are better away than they are at home. I think Villa will do well to win all three. They'll want a response after last night's showing but going to a team fighting relegation is probably not what they want at the moment. I'll be generous and suggest Villa will get 6 points, but I think it'll be less.

After QPR's unexpected win at Villa, does that suggest they can do the same at Fulham? My gut reaction is no. Fulham have done the double over QPR in 3 of the last 5 seasons they've been in the same division and I would guess that QPR would be desperate not to have to suffer another double over their closest rivals. QPR won at Craven cottage last season though. Norwich's home form has been poor all season but they've only lost twice in 14 league games, drawing 6 of their last 7. Leeds have been shit this year, winning only once and I wouldn't expect them to get anything at Fulham. You'd guess Fulham should win all 3, but I think there'll be points dropped. There's also their long, unbeaten run to consider. Logic suggests that a long run of form is more likely to continue, but the longer it goes on for, the more incredible it becomes and so becomes less likely that it carries on. As an example, if a team goes 10 games unbeaten, then that's a good achievement. If the run goes to 20 games unbeaten, it becomes a very good achievement. If it goes to 30 games, it's an unbelievable achievement etc, so the run is arguably more likely to end the longer it goes on.

Which goes on to us. 7 wins on the trot is fantastic. Derby are in freefall, Burton should be beaten while Sheffield United's form has been inconsistent this year. I see no reason why we couldn't win those 3, but runs of 10 wins on the trot are very few and far between (only once at this level in 15 years). The probability is that our bubble will be pricked sooner than later, but I feel that it would only be a temporary setback, rather than the sign of a slump in form.

Anyway, not bothered about Wolves, but I think we'll get 6 points, same with Villa, Fulham get 7. 6 points clear with 6 to go would be a great position. The pressure would be huge on Villa then and we're just the side to exploit that!

I have us all on 6 (Not the 7 I out for villa)

Got us to lose away at Sheff Utd (and think it will just be the one game losing streak and pick back up)

Got Villa to lose at Hull.

Fulham to lose at Norwich

Wolves to lose against Boro

Villa's next three games, Bolton away is not a gimmie, decent home team and Hull seem to have their scoring boots on of late.With regards The City past history tells us all runs come to an end,all that matters is Derby,happy to come away from there without losing.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bolton have beaten us, drawn with Fulham and beaten Bristol recently at home
    I was with you up until the last team you mentioned.

Reckon the players will be well up fir keeping the winning run going, especially with the int break and lowly Burton to come after. 6 points there will further dent the ambitions of those chasing us. Bolton will give villa a tough game, likewise qpr at Fulham in the derby. Hull are also on the up now which is great timing......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Reckon the players will be well up fir keeping the winning run going, especially with the int break and lowly Burton to come after. 6 points there will further dent the ambitions of those chasing us. Bolton will give villa a tough game, likewise qpr at Fulham in the derby. Hull are also on the up now which is great timing......
    I had niggling doubts about upcoming games but these last few, Barnsley and Birmingham struggling so potential "banana skins" all passed and Brentford were widely argued as a side who could be dangerous and in a "last chance saloon" for the play offs... but I'm confident and truly believe we can beat Derby away after our recent run.
    Before our recent run I would have looked at it as a game to fear.. it's still a hard game but I've got every confidence we can win it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

I'm confident and truly believe we can beat Derby away after our recent run.
    Before our recent run I would have looked at it as a game to fear.. it's still a hard game but I've got every confidence we can win it.
    Just looking at Derby’s form. They’ve won once in their last 10 games, and that win was a 3-0 home win against Brentford who had gone down to ten men (22nd minute) before the first goal was scored.

Ledley and Huddlestone are going to miss next Sunday’s game too, which should balance out the midfield battle. Added to that, the midday kick-off, which I feel always takes away some of the home advantage.

I think there’s every reason to be optimistic about a positive result at Pride Park. It’s a massive game, biggest one of the season! Well, they all are now aren’t they?

Wolves
    Burton (H)
    Boro (A)
    Hull (H)

Cardiff
    Derby (A)
    Burton (H)
    Sheff U (A)

Villa
    Bolton (A)
    Hull (A)
    Reading (H)

Fulham
    QPR (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leeds (H)

Wolves - 6
    Cardiff - 4
    Villa - 9
    Fulham - 6

Bolton and Hull could take points. Both needing them desperatly .
    Ipswish is a difficult place to go to, Hull 0-3

Wolves
    Burton (H)
    Boro (A)
    Hull (H)

Cardiff
    Derby (A)
    Burton (H)
    Sheff U (A)

Villa
    Bolton (A)
    Hull (A)
    Reading (H)

Fulham
    QPR (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Leeds (H)

Wolves - 6
    Cardiff - 4
    Villa - 9
    Fulham - 6

Ok so, so far:

Wolves - 3
    City - NA
    Villa -0
    Fulham - 1