+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elis James’ Feast of Football Podcast

Elis James’ Feast of Football Podcast

If anyone has not yet listened to this then you really should (even if he is a Jack).

Very funny and always insightful.

Highly recommended.

Re: Elis James’ Feast of Football Podcast

Yeah I agree. Some brilliant insight from Iwan Roberts and Gabbs. Elis's curiosity really gets them to open up truthfully about what it's like to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Yeah I agree. Some brilliant insight from Iwan Roberts and Gabbs. Elis's curiosity really gets them to open up truthfully about what it's like to play the game.
    Yes!! That is absolutely the very best part. He asks questions that I (and loads of other fans I suspect) would love to ask and being seemingly decent chaps, Gabbs and Iwan give some amazingly frank and eye opening answers. (‘Warm weather training’ anyone? :-/ )

It is also so refreshing to hear from earnest players about the game that they actually played rather than jumped up, self important, journos who seem to think that they have a right to talk down to us about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yes!! That is absolutely the very best part. He asks questions that I (and loads of other fans I suspect) would love to ask and being seemingly decent chaps, Gabbs and Iwan give some amazingly frank and eye opening answers. (‘Warm weather training’ anyone? :-/ )

It is also so refreshing to hear from earnest players about the game that they actually played rather than jumped up, self important, journos who seem to think that they have a right to talk down to us about football.
    Gabbs and Iwan are brilliant, aren't they? They're really open and honest, and tell you stuff you actually want to know.

Best football podcast around, really funny. I don’t care that Elis is a JB, the fact he is a proper fan that supports his club and country through thick and thin makes the programmes all the better.
    I liked the part last week where he was talking about working in an office in Cardiff and the constant arguments about who is the bigger team.
    It’s so much better than the dreadfully dry ‘podcast pel droed’ and the giggling morons on that ‘Football Ramble’ crap.
    His Radio X podcast with John Robins is a good listen too.

Sure it has been posted on here, but if not listen to Undr The Cosh podcast, with Jon Parkin. The stories are great, they've done 2 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    Sure it has been posted on here, but if not listen to Undr The Cosh podcast, with Jon Parkin. The stories are great, they've done 2 so far.
    I like the idea of it but I listened to the first one and it’s dreadfully recorded, though there are some good stories. Can’t stand a bunch of lads laughing hysterically after anyone says anything. **** off.

Has anybody got,(and can share) that sketch of Ellis James when he is having his driving test with the Jack driving examiner?
    That is quite funny for a Jack

The best podcast in my opinion is the sky La Liga one with Terry Gibson and John Driscoll. Gibson has a superb insight into football.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I like the idea of it but I listened to the first one and it’s dreadfully recorded, though there are some good stories. Can’t stand a bunch of lads laughing hysterically after anyone says anything. **** off.
    Yeah, I get that. The second one was a lot better in terms of recording quality, heading to a studio for third one apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    I started listening but the sound was rubbish so I stopped after about 3 mins.

I should try again if they have improved the recording quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I started listening but the sound was rubbish so I stopped after about 3 mins.

I should try again if they have improved the recording quality.
    The sound quality can’t be worse than Blakeys bootroom which sounds like they are sat around a table with a tape recorder placed on it in the office bogs. Surely they listen back to it after recording? Half the time it’s so quiet you have to turn the volume up, but then one of them thumps the table yet again and nearly deafens you. Very amateurish sounding.

Elis James is great, his stand up (Welsh & English) is hilarious as well

Yup, another fan here, really enjoying it.

he was also laughing how he loves the comments from the Cardiff listeners that start or end with, even for a JB he's alright