+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clever psychology from Warnock puts all the pressure on rivals...

Clever psychology from Warnock puts all the pressure on rivals...

Ever so clever and not one to miss such an opportunity, Neil Warnock says there's no pressure on us - it's all with our rivals who have spent big money:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43401734

Maybe aimed particularly at next rivals Derby but won't go unnoticed by the others either

Re: Clever psychology from Warnock puts all the pressure on rivals...

Pressure's on Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Pressure's on Norwich.
    I saw people going on about Norwich the other day and wondered what on earth it could be about.

Still none the wiser

Pressure's on Norwich.
    I was thinking the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I saw people going on about Norwich the other day and wondered what on earth it could be about.

Still none the wiser
    2010/11 promotion run-in. After we'd bollocksed things up 2nd place was Norwich's to lose. The saying stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I was thinking the same thing
    It's a reference to a season where we were competing with Norwich - and this became the slogan

Still none the wiser
    Dave Jones came out with this quip when we capitulated under his tenure and Norwich went up at our expense really

Sorry for being obtuse! Just every time I see someone or a story claiming the pressure is on other teams, I get flashbacks of that failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Dave Jones came out with this quip when we capitulated under his tenure and Norwich went up at our expense really
    I didn't think it was DJ, I thought it was just a post on here

Sorry for being obtuse! Just every time I see someone or a story claiming the pressure is on other teams, I get flashbacks of that failure.
    OK, I get it

Still none the wiser
    you try living there

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    They went on a great run towards the end of the season, so it caught on as kind of ironic comment about false hope/wishful thinking against all the evidence. Can’t remember if DJ said it.

I believe DJ said though when questioned we might have wanted Swansea to overtake on the final game of the season to finish 3rd, after we managed 4 points from our final 4 games. We were then dicked 3-0 by Reading in the Home leg of the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They went on a great run towards the end of the season, so it caught on as kind of ironic comment about false hope/wishful thinking against all the evidence. Can’t remember if DJ said it.

I believe DJ said though when questioned we might have wanted Swansea to overtake on the final game of the season to finish 3rd, after we managed 4 points from our final 4 games. We were then dicked 3-0 by Reading in the Home leg of the play-offs.
    He certainly did. We got a last minute equaliser in our last game (can't remember, Burnley away, can't be arsed to check). In his interview he said that "maybe we didn't want to finish 3rd", suggesting we wanted to avoid Forest in the playoffs (who had done the double over us). As it was, Swansea luckily sneaked past Forest, we were woeful in 2 games against Reading and got what we deserved once Bellamy limped off and we were reliant on a clearly not-on-his-game Chopra.

That 0-3 loss at home to Boro during that omnishambles run in was perhaps the most shocking "performance" under DJ. Even by half time I knew that we'd blown it all yet again....