+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lionel Messi

Re: Lionel Messi

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For Barcelona. Can't get it done for Argentina.
    That's bollocks too. Look up the stats of when he does play and when he doesn't play.
    He scored a Hatrick to get them into the world cup a few months ago when they were 1-0 down in Ecuador and on their way out.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's bollocks too. Look up the stats of when he does play and when he doesn't play.
    He scored a Hatrick to get them into the world cup a few months ago when they were 1-0 down in Ecuador and on their way out.
    Against the mighty Ecuador. Doesn't get any bigger than that.

Against the mighty Ecuador. Doesn't get any bigger than that.
    I've thought about responding and I'll just ignore your ignorance

I think its shows that with lesser players Messi is not as effective for his country, whereas Ronaldo seems to raise his game even higher for Portugal. Hes carried Portugal in the same way Diego used to for the Argies.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think its shows that with lesser players Messi is not as effective for his country, whereas Ronaldo seems to raise his game even higher for Portugal. Hes carried Portugal in the same way Diego used to for the Argies.
    If you look at the goal to game ratio Ronaldo's record is only slightly better at international level, Messi averages a goal every game for Argentina, got them to a world cup final and won a gold medal do people expect him to score a Hat trick every game and never lose?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If you look at the goal to game ratio Ronaldo's record is only slightly better at international level, Messi averages a goal every game for Argentina, got them to a world cup final and won a gold medal do people expect him to score a Hat trick every game and never lose?
    A goal every game for Argentina? What are you smoking?

This.

I've thought about responding and I'll just ignore your ignorance
    Wrong again.

You've pulled me up for some ludicrous comments in the past but this one will take some beating mate!

This.
    You really compare Ronaldo going off injured and being a cheerleader on the side in 2014 with Maradona destroying the world in 86.

Oh no I forgot Ronaldo scored a header against that football powerhouse Wales in the semi final

A goal every game for Argentina? What are you smoking?
    Have a look at some of the teams Ronaldo is scoring against, there's not 1 goal vs Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, Brazil, Argentina etc. He's scored a couple against Belgium and a couple vs Holland who have been garbage for the last 6 years.

Have a look at some of the teams Ronaldo is scoring against, there's not 1 goal vs Spain, Italy, France, Germany, England, Brazil, Argentina etc. He's scored a couple against Belgium and a couple vs Holland who have been garbage for the last 6 years.
    Whats that got to do with Jamies claim Messi scores a goal per game for Argentina

Messi has scored a few times against Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Colombia, Chile. He's scored against Germany, Spain, Portugal, France.

You really compare Ronaldo going off injured and being a cheerleader on the side in 2014 with Maradona destroying the world in 86.

Oh no I forgot Ronaldo scored a header against that football powerhouse Wales in the semi final
    I think you mean 2016 and just because he went off injured he more than played his part in qualification, qualifying from the group stages, and scored in the semi final.

In 2014 he scored 4 goals in the play-offs to qualify Portugal. BIG. GAME. PLAYER.

Whats that got to do with Jamies claim Messi scores a goal per game for Argentina
    I assume he meant goal every other game. Their averages are fairly similar and when you take away the real football minnows (not Ecuador but Faroe Islands, Andorra, San Marino etc who Messi never gets to play) then their record is pretty much the same.

Messi has scored a few times against Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Colombia, Chile. He's scored against Germany, Spain, Portugal, France.
    Theres always a negative with you as far as CR7 is concerned. He scores against Holland and you claim they are shit , scores against Belgium who are better than half the teams you just mentioned there.

Plus the players Ronaldo plays with for Portugal are not as good as the players Messi plays with for Argentina.

Hes scored against Argentina

Theres always a negative with you as far as CR7 is concerned. He scores against Holland and you claim they are shit , scores against Belgium who are better than half the teams you just mentioned there.

Plus the players Ronaldo plays with for Portugal are not as good as the players Messi plays with for Argentina.
    Some cracking players coming through for Portugal mate so that's not strictly true is it.

Holland are shit. They haven't qualified for ages. Belgium are decent but they always flatter to deceive and we beat them more than they beat us.

You wouldn't mention Belgium with Brazil, France, Spain and Germany.

Hes scored against Argentina
    Just proves another point, Argentina are shit!

The one game that stands out for me for Ronaldo was when he did pretty much singlehandedly beat Sweden in the play offs and he scored a hatrick.

However when I mention that Messi equalled that feat in the game against Ecuador when Argentina were severely in danger of not making it to Russia, it's met with silly comments like "the football powerhouse ecaudor" when they're probably on par with Sweden!

Both of them dragged their nation's through in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Some cracking players coming through for Portugal mate so that's not strictly true is it.
    Like who?

Holland are shit. They haven't qualified for ages. Belgium are decent but they always flatter to deceive and we beat them more than they beat us.

You wouldn't mention Belgium with Brazil, France, Spain and Germany.
    They werent shit in 2012 like they are now in when he rescued and won the game against them.

Since Messi has been the main man for Argentina, lets say last 8 years for arguments sake, hes played with forward players like Aguero, Higuain, Tevez and Di Maria.

Who in the last 8 years has Ronaldo played with for Portugal of similair standing? Nani? PMSL.

CR 7 is streets ahead of Messi in more than one major league , internationally , positions he can play , age /fitness he is playing at .