+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lionel Messi

Re: Lionel Messi

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think you mean 2016 and just because he went off injured he more than played his part in qualification, qualifying from the group stages, and scored in the semi final.

In 2014 he scored 4 goals in the play-offs to qualify Portugal. BIG. GAME. PLAYER.
    I'm not saying he didn't play his part, like Argentina wouldn't have qualified for Russia without Messi, but to compare what Ronaldo done with what Maradona done in 86 is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    CR 7 is streets ahead of Messi in more than one major league , internationally , positions he can play , age /fitness he is playing at .

I give up

Like who?
    I'll write a list in work later, not doing it in my own time

Since Messi has been the main man for Argentina, lets say last 8 years for arguments sake, hes played with forward players like Aguero, Higuain, Tevez and Di Maria.

Who in the last 8 years has Ronaldo played with for Portugal of similair standing? Nani? PMSL.
    I have never argued that Portugal had better players (though they were hardly Greece) but they've certainly had better managers.

Argentina's managers have been a disgrace since Messi has played and they even went to one world cup with an off his tits Maradona ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not saying he didn't play his part, like Argentina wouldn't have qualified for Russia without Messi, but to compare what Ronaldo done with what Maradona done in 86 is just ridiculous.
    What Maradona done in 86 will never be repeated but I honestly think Ronaldo as a single person influence with Portgual is far greater than Messis for Argentina. As Ive said in my other posts look at the quality of the Argentinian players Messi has played with compared to Ronaldos.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'll write a list in work later, not doing it in my own time
    Dont bother, ive just had a look over the last 8 years what sort of players Ronaldos had to play with compared to Messi and its an argument you cannot win

I think any attempt to detract from Messi’s achievements by suggesting he’s not s a big game player ian utterly ludicrous.
    Only on this board could we find fault with one of the greatest players of all time.

Dont bother, ive just had a look over the last 8 years what sort of players Ronaldos had to play with compared to Messi and its an argument you cannot win
    Sums up your purpose here then "am argument I can't win"
    I'm not arguing. Was just going to point to the potential sitting their squad. Their hardly shit and single handed my dragged along by Ronaldo. It's not like he's left club football to go on international duty with Botswana ffs.

I actually agree what Ronaldo has done is impressive for what it's worth, but let's not dress it up like he's won the euros with Kosovo.

I give up
    Messi
    Barcelona 409 Games (373 goals )

Argentina 123 games (61 goals )

CR7

Manchester United 196 (84 Goals )
    Real Madrid 287 (303 Goals )
    Portugal 147 (79 goals )

There you go then. That's the argument settled. Gary Lineker is better that Johan Cruyff and Miroslav Klose is better than Franz Beckenbauer!

And you also need to study how CR 7 scores his goals v Messi and the multiple positions he has played in .

Many headers ( he can leap like a salmon ) in the traditional center fwd position
    Scores with left or right foot can play on either wing .
    Single handily drags Portugal into competitions and wins

I think its shows that with lesser players Messi is not as effective for his country, whereas Ronaldo seems to raise his game even higher for Portugal. Hes carried Portugal in the same way Diego used to for the Argies.
    This paragraph is why I get involved in these Messi debates cos the underlying argument is that Messi is only really good cos he's played for Barcelona which is absolute bollocks. What people fail to realise is that the Barcelona of 2011 are long gone and anyone who watches La Liga will tell you that he has truly carried Barcelona to the top of the league (8 points clear) to the Copa Del Rey final and to the champions league quarter final.

Even watching the game last night anyone with half a brain would realise that Barcelona would have been in real shit if he wasn't there as Chelsea were the better side in both legs.

For what it's worth I think Barca will really struggle if they face someone like Bayern, Juventus or even Citeh in the next round as they are pretty much average apart from him this season.

A goal every game for Argentina? What are you smoking?
    every other I meant

And you also need to study how CR 7 scores his goals v Messi and the multiple positions he has played in .

Many headers ( he can leap like a salmon ) in the traditional center fwd position

Honestly if this is your analysis of football then me and you have a completely different understanding of the game.

Watch the programme "Magical Messi" on sky catch up if you want to see someone score phenomenal goals then watch the Ronaldo programme on the same catch up and you'll see that you are talking garbage.

Where does vision, game understanding, decision making stand in your football philosophy?

You could argue all the physical attributes you just highlighted and make a case for Fellaini being better than Juan Mata ffs

Messi
    Barcelona 409 Games (373 goals )

Argentina 123 games (61 goals )

CR7

Manchester United 196 (84 Goals )
    Real Madrid 287 (303 Goals )
    Portugal 147 (79 goals )
    See my previous post where Messi has scored 39 fewer than Ronaldo in 150 fewer games

This paragraph is why I get involved in these Messi debates cos the underlying argument is that Messi is only really good cos he's played for Barcelona which is absolute bollocks. What people fail to realise is that the Barcelona of 2011 are long gone and anyone who watches La Liga will tell you that he has truly carried Barcelona to the top of the league (8 points clear) to the Copa Del Rey final and to the champions league quarter final.

Even watching the game last night anyone with half a brain would realise that Barcelona would have been in real shit if he wasn't there as Chelsea were the better side in both legs.

For what it's worth I think Barca will really struggle if they face someone like Bayern, Juventus or even Citeh in the next round as they are pretty much average apart from him this season.
    Go and have something to eat ffs, I’ve done enough fishing for one day

Sums up your purpose here then "am argument I can't win"
    I'm not arguing. Was just going to point to the potential sitting their squad. Their hardly shit and single handed my dragged along by Ronaldo. It's not like he's left club football to go on international duty with Botswana ffs.

I actually agree what Ronaldo has done is impressive for what it's worth, but let's not dress it up like he's won the euros with Kosovo.
    Can we have that again only this time in readable English please???

Think he is recognised as the better goal scorer.. not the better player (ronaldo)

Says everyone with nothing worthwhile to respond.

Says everyone with nothing worthwhile to respond.

You've had ya catch. Don't be greedy.
    It's obvious to anyone with reading skills what I was getting at

You've had ya catch. Don't be greedy.
    It's obvious to anyone with reading skills what I was getting at
    Go and do some work you raspberry

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    See my previous post where Messi has scored 39 fewer than Ronaldo in 150 fewer games
    Just to add penaldo has scored 24 more penalties

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just to add penaldo has scored 24 more penalties
    Yeah he only scores pens