102 he's scored

Re: Lionel Messi

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    102 he's scored
    And how many goals as he scored that weren’t pelantys

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And how many goals as he scored that weren’t pelantys
    500 odd my point is that Messi has a better goal scoring ratio than Ronaldo and has also scored less penalties thus wondering how people keep saying Ronaldo is a better goal scorer imo by the time they both retire I would put money on Messi having the better record

500 odd my point is that Messi has a better goal scoring ratio than Ronaldo and has also scored less penalties thus wondering how people keep saying Ronaldo is a better goal scorer imo by the time they both retire I would put money on Messi having the better record
    So pens don’t count now do they?

Ronaldo played out wide for majority of his Man U career, and the beginning of his Madrid career, so you’re argument is flawed.

Ronaldo played out wide for majority of his Man U career, and the beginning of his Madrid career, so you’re argument is flawed.
    head to head

Matches played=34
    Messi wins=16
    draws=8
    Ronaldo wins=10
    Messi goals=21
    Ronaldo goals=18

I didn't say they don't count just pointing out he's scored more.

I didn't say they don't count just pointing out he's scored more.
    Don’t give me that Jamo you were trying to detract them from the totals 😂

head to head

Matches played=34
    Messi wins=16
    draws=8
    Ronaldo wins=10
    Messi goals=21
    Ronaldo goals=18
    Now that is a silly argument. They both play, or have played, with some of the finest players they grace the game on the last 15 years!!!

It’s more than just Messi v CR7 when Barça meet Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    CR 7 is streets ahead of Messi in more than one major league , internationally , positions he can play , age /fitness he is playing at .
    You're right there mate. I reckon we'll come back to this in ten years and you'll still be on the money with 'Ronaldo is winning the who's oldest battle'.

Go and do some work you raspberry
    It's a struggle here got the radio on and I'm 2 custard slices into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Honestly if this is your analysis of football then me and you have a completely different understanding of the game.

Watch the programme "Magical Messi" on sky catch up if you want to see someone score phenomenal goals then watch the Ronaldo programme on the same catch up and you'll see that you are talking garbage.

Where does vision, game understanding, decision making stand in your football philosophy?

You could argue all the physical attributes you just highlighted and make a case for Fellaini being better than Juan Mata ffs
    I am sure we have different understanding /view .

I have evidence to doubt your vision I'm not the only one debating this issue within the footballing world . I just happen to think CR7 just edges this , as he has more in his tool box in terms of where he play ,( eg could Messi lead the line ,play left or right wing comfortably ?? ) type of goals they score differs, and in my opinion CR7 has more variety , his international impact appears to be greater ,the fact hes proven himself in the rigorous Premiership is also a stand out difference .

Hey its just an opinion and yes we have a difference view , doesn't make either of us wrong ,hey ho

I have evidence to doubt your vision I'm not the only one debating this issue within the footballing world . I just happen to think CR7 just edges this , as he has more in his tool box in terms of where he play ,( eg could Messi lead the line ,play left or right wing comfortably ?? ) type of goals they score differs, and in my opinion CR7 has more variety , his international impact appears to be greater ,the fact hes proven himself in the rigorous Premiership is also a stand out difference .

Hey its just an opinion and yes we have a difference view , doesn't make either of us wrong ,hey ho
    I agree we are both one as valid as the other in our views but I do disagree again in what you've said. The premier league best league in the world is a myth peddled by sky and people like Paul Merson and this has been exposed thankfully by Guardiola who has proved that the best teams don't have to lose to the bottom teams if the best teams are good.

The fact is if Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern were in the premier league in the last ten years they probably would have done what City have done this season.

Messi has scored 20 goals in 18 games against the top end premier league teams in the champions league so what makes you think he wouldn't score down the liberty stadium?!

I'm also surprised that you question if Messi can be versatile. He's played on the left, the right, number 10, up top, false 9 and at the moment he often plays really deep and plays in the Xavi position and unbelievably he fulfils the role almost as good as Xavi!

If you watch Barcelona and Real Madrid a lot you'll know that as they've got older Ronaldo has gone further forward and now plays as a proper 9 whereas Messi has got deeper and controls the tempo of the game and yet he has still scored more goals than Ronaldo this season!

The guy is a phenomenon.

Are you sure we're talking about the same player?

If you watch Barcelona and Real Madrid a lot you'll know that as they've got older Ronaldo has gone further forward and now plays as a proper 9 whereas Messi has got deeper and controls the tempo of the game and yet he has still scored more goals than Ronaldo this season!
    Both scored 34 club goals in all competitions this season.

Both scored 34 club goals in all competitions this season.

I was talking about La Liga but the point remains the same.

I was talking about La Liga but the point remains the same.
    Youre like Roathy when it comes to Messi v Ronaldo!!! Twisting the stats to suit your argument.

Youre like Roathy when it comes to Messi v Ronaldo!!! Twisting the stats to suit your argument.
    Not as much as people who use goal stats to prove a striker is a better footballer than a midfielder!
    I used La Liga cos they both play the same opposition.
    So do you disagree then? You watch football. Am I wrong in saying what I've said?

Not as much as people who use goal stats to prove a striker is a better footballer than a midfielder!
    I used La Liga cos they both play the same opposition.
    So do you disagree then? You watch football. Am I wrong in saying what I've said?
    I think you are exagerating your point that Messi is a midfielder, and Ronaldo an out and out number 9 if im honest.

I think you are exagerating your point that Messi is a midfielder, and Ronaldo an out and out number 9 if im honest.
    Think what you want mate I won't be getting further into this again on a Friday night

Hat trick tonight equals ronaldinho for most direct free kicks scored in a season