+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Early season form returning?

Early season form returning?

Not counting chickens etc but the way we were attacking last night reminded me very much of the early season games.
    I dont think we fully appreciate how powerful and progressive our football was. It will take a hell of a side to beat us on that form.
    Long may it last.

Re: Early season form returning?

Yes I thought the same the big improvement was NML , his pace and confidence seemed back . The quickness of the front 3 Junior, Zohore and NWL and now with back up goals from Patterson gives us and edge, I think its better than early season , as his midfield goals are an added bonus .

I thought that behind the Wolves and Villa performances the last 70 minutes was one of our best performances of the season.

I still say the two performances before Brentford were poor by the standards we've set ourselves and, although they were good, efficient victories, I don't feel any of the four displays before that were close to what we saw against, say, Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves, Leeds (home) and Ipswich (home). I thought we played well at Leeds, but, I'd rate them and Brentford as the sort of sides we'd really fancy taking on beforehand -I was not confident about Tuesday's games before kick off mind!.
    Having watched Tuesday night's match again on IFollow, we looked the sort of team I'd be saying were virtual certainties for promotion if they were anyone else but City - I think it was a real contender for our best performance for getting on for six months, but, for a short while in August and early September we were putting in high quality displays game after game and I'd like to see at least one more performance like Tuesday's in our next game or two before I said we were back at that level.
    I''ve just realised of course that the thread title talks of "form" and the truth is that, with seven consecutive victories, our form is better than it ever was early in the season, but I'd still say our current level of performance, although improving, is not at the early season stage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I still say the two performances before Brentford were poor by the standards we've set ourselves and, although they were good, efficient victories, I don't feel any of the four displays before that were close to what we saw against, say, Villa, Sheffield United, Wolves, Leeds (home) and Ipswich (home). I thought we played well at Leeds, but, I'd rate them and Brentford as the sort of sides we'd really fancy taking on beforehand -I was not confident about Tuesday's games before kick off mind!.
    Having watched Tuesday night's match again on IFollow, we looked the sort of team I'd be saying were virtual certainties for promotion if they were anyone else but City - I think it was a real contender for our best performance for getting on for six months, but, for a short while in August and early September we were putting in high quality displays game after game and I'd like to see at least one more performance like Tuesday's in our next game or two before I said we were back at that level.
    I''ve just realised of course that the thread title talks of "form" and the truth is that, with seven consecutive victories, our form is better than it ever was early in the season, but I'd still say our current level of performance, although improving, is not at the early season stage yet.
    Yes Bob Performances should really replace form in the header.
    You knew what I meant!
    Hardly slept Tuesday night. Still ex cited the way we dominated for long stretches. 3/4 more like that and we will be promoted.