+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves fans not very confident of beating us

Wolves fans not very confident of beating us

Re: Wolves fans not very confident of beating us

I'd go along with that.

I'd be very tempted to play a weakened team against Cardiff, as I think there's a real danger of serious injury to the likes of Neves and Jota. Despite his warm words of support, Colin will be ruthless if he needs to get points off us to the extent of telling his players 'not to hold back' (nudge nudge wink wink), i.e. give them licence to deliberately go out to injure. If that happens, it could impact our vital last few games, and make the necessary wins much more difficult. It's a sad day when football has descended to the level where you even have to suggest this, but I think it may be the right thing to do if we have been winning up to the Cardiff game. We might just have to deliberately risk a defeat to secure promotion

Maybe Tan had a point...

I still don’t get why we don’t shoot on sight more often. We would have it wrapped up by now if we did.

Surely that’s coaching and not player decision making?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'd go along with that.

I'd be very tempted to play a weakened team against Cardiff, as I think there's a real danger of serious injury to the likes of Neves and Jota. Despite his warm words of support, Colin will be ruthless if he needs to get points off us to the extent of telling his players 'not to hold back' (nudge nudge wink wink), i.e. give them licence to deliberately go out to injure. If that happens, it could impact our vital last few games, and make the necessary wins much more difficult. It's a sad day when football has descended to the level where you even have to suggest this, but I think it may be the right thing to do if we have been winning up to the Cardiff game. We might just have to deliberately risk a defeat to secure promotion
    I was just going to copy this very post.

Jesus Christ!! What planet is he on?

Have we injured anyone this season? That guy is a freak I don’t think any of our players try to injure anyone.

Surely we’d have a lot more yellow and red cards if we did.

Having seen the reaction when a Man City player missed just over a fortnight, I reckon we'd get points deducted if someone picked up an injury that kept them out for months in a match against us.

Amazing what can happen when the propaganda train builds up a head of steam.

This thing about us being a physical, bruising team holds no water. We're one of the top tacklers in the division, making more than the vast majority, yet we're effective in the tackle as we don't allow so many players get past us. As a team that makes so many tackles, you'd expect us to concede a few fouls more, yet we're towards the bottom of the list in terms of players being booked for fouls.

If that constitutes being overly physical, what do teams want us to do? Roll over and allow them to play? We're a hard working side that isn't afraid to put in a tackle if it's the right thing to do. We've made few bad tackles all season and our tackle success rate is one of the best.

A tactical surrender? Somebody has been reading The Art of War

That thread was started on the Monday after they lost to Villa. No doubt after beating Reading on Tuesday they will be very confident yet again of beating us - and of course qualifying for the Champions league next season!

Me too, unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A tactical surrender? Somebody has been reading The Art of War
    Let’s hope so

****ing hell. Some of these clubs have some bed wetters.

Brentford forum was a funny read, you would think we stopped them from beautiful tiki taka by breaking out the knuckle dusters. Barely a bad tackle in the match. They were just mostly physically weak and powder puff up top and defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    ****ing hell. Some of these clubs have some bed wetters.

Brentford forum was a funny read, you would think we stopped them from beautiful tiki taka by breaking out the knuckle dusters. Barely a bad tackle in the match. They were just mostly physically weak and powder puff up top and defensively.
    They were the same in our home game against them. Incredibly innaccurate up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have we injured anyone this season? That guy is a freak I don’t think any of our players try to injure anyone.

Surely we’d have a lot more yellow and red cards if we did.
    Sane?

Although that was doubtful seeing how miraculous his recovery was.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Sane?

Although that was doubtful seeing how miraculous his recovery was.
    It was a terrible tackle in fairness but outside of that I don’t think we’ve been bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That thread was started on the Monday after they lost to Villa. No doubt after beating Reading on Tuesday they will be very confident yet again of beating us - and of course qualifying for the Champions league next season!
    Nah!
    Uefa will look at their pedigree and give them a bye to the final next year - no need to bother with wasting a season to qualify.

intelligent lot then

I'd go along with that.

They're angels the lots of them ... delusional angels with dirty boots!

In each disciplinary statistical measure, except yellow cards, used in the Championship this season, Wolves have a worse record than City.

Fairplay league:
    Cardiff 5th Wolves 6th

Fouls resulting in bookings:
    Cardiff 49 (6th) Wolves 51 (8th)

Yellow Cards:
    Cardiff 63 (12th) Wolves 60 (8th=)

Red Cards:
    Cardiff 1 (1st=) Wolves 2 (6th=)

Players in top 25 Worst disciplinary:
    Cardiff 0 Wolves 2 (Neves, Jota)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    intelligent lot then
    To be fair, I look at most of the predictions and think they're pretty reasonable. I think they'll end up with about 93-96 points

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    To be fair, I look at most of the predictions and think they're pretty reasonable. I think they'll end up with about 93-96 points
    96 points wouldn't be a surprise really in my eyes.

I'd go along with that.

Deary me

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I was just going to copy this very post.

Jesus Christ!! What planet is he on?
    We have 3 more yellow cards and 1 less red.

Absolutely bizarre that people think this about us.

what concerns me is that referees will read this rubbish about us being dirty etc and overreact against us.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    what concerns me is that referees will read this rubbish about us being dirty etc and overreact against us.
    Bit unlikely now I hope. We've only got 9 games left so if that was going to happen it would have happened sooner - though the Brum ref was really odd come to think of it...