+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky’s Top 50 Championship players

Sky’s Top 50 Championship players

Morrison our top ranked player with Ralls 2nd and Madine ( obviously from his Bolton days) 3rd

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...james-maddison

Re: Sky’s Top 50 Championship players

no junior hoilett load of rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by bluesince 52 View Post
    no junior hoilett load of rubbish
    Hoilett is Canadian, if you read the article it’s a list of English qualified players. That’s why there’s no Sol Bamba on the list either.

David Brooks is England qualified

I saw another website which worked out which players would score the highest in a championship fantasy football league. Hoilett was our highest scoring player, Nd in the league best XI.
    There were a few players who benefitted from being mis laced positionally i.e Ryan sessegnon was a defender still I think.

Not sure about the method for gauging the players in this chart, but there's plenty of City representation at the top end of it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2017-2018

Despite all the talk about Neves and Jota, for me Cairney is the best player in the championship by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Despite all the talk about Neves and Jota, for me Cairney is the best player in the championship by a distance.
    Dominates the midfield

How about a midfield of neves, cairney and james maddison, with Adama Traore and Jota on the wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How about a midfield of neves, cairney and james maddison, with Adama Traore and Jota on the wings?
    I remember saying on here a few years back that we should have a look at James Maddison when he was playing for Coventry.

I remember saying on here a few years back that we should have a look at James Maddison when he was playing for Coventry.
    Well that boat has well and truly sailed. All those players are probably out of our reach now

Nah.

Ralls, Grujic ( starting to grow on me after a quality second half ) and Cairney.
    Hoilett and WIldschut on the wings...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Nah.

Ralls, Grujic ( starting to grow on me after a quality second half ) and Cairney.
    Hoilett and WIldschut on the wings...
    Wildschut? Really?

Wildschut? Really?
    Prefer him to Mendez-Laing personally.

Prefer him to Mendez-Laing personally.
    But to diogo Jota or Adama Traore?
    Would certainly come cheaper.

But to diogo Jota or Adama Traore?
    Would certainly come cheaper.
    I rule any Wolves players out for their dodgy links with agent. Boro players I rule out due to being below us and having once employed Garry Monk. Cairney would be the only player for which I judge them purely on talent without context.

I rule any Wolves players out for their dodgy links with agent. Boro players I rule out due to being below us and having once employed Garry Monk. Cairney would be the only player for which I judge them purely on talent without context.
    Ryan Sessegnon then?
    Also Traore to be having such a good season DESPITE being managed by Garry Monk surely should deserve some extra credit.

A player who has stood out every time I've seen him for QPR is Freeman and I think we could afford him if we went up

sorry about that thought was all championship players

Ryan Sessegnon then?
    Also Traore to be having such a good season DESPITE being managed by Garry Monk surely should deserve some extra credit.
    Sessegnon indeed meets the criteria for quality; however he wears number 3 which places him firmly in the left back category. Indeed, most of his success is probably due to opposition thinking "what the bloody hell is a left back doing this far forward" which is a form of shirt number doping and thus the act of a clear cheat.

Traore receives no such credit. In such circumstances the expected response to being managed by Monk is for said player to slap Monk on either cheek (facial) with a leather driver glove whilst loudly proclaiming "I refuse to play for you because you sir are a complete and utter arse".

I have high standards when assessing player quality.

Sessegnon indeed meets the criteria for quality; however he wears number 3 which places him firmly in the left back category. Indeed, most of his success is probably due to opposition thinking "what the bloody hell is a left back doing this far forward" which is a form of shirt number doping and thus the act of a clear cheat.

Traore receives no such credit. In such circumstances the expected response to being managed by Monk is for said player to slap Monk on either cheek (facial) with a leather driver glove whilst loudly proclaiming "I refuse to play for you because you sir are a complete and utter arse".

Now you mention it, that is definitely shirt doping, and Fulham should be docked 10 points.
    The opposition full backs probably see the number 3 shirt and think that they're in the wrong half. Confused they immediately run off the pitch trying to get back into position, leaving the way clear for sessegnon to have a shot at goal. Unscrupulous.

Agree with your policy on monk