+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: English clubs throwing champions league ties

English clubs throwing champions league ties

It’s just my hunch there is something serious going on here. It also explains the large Chelsea loss and Jose comments
    Done under secret service and Government advice perhaps.
    Discuss.

Press told to keep quiet.

Re: English clubs throwing champions league ties

My old girl has got some crackpot conspiracy theories, but this is right up there

We will find out in 50 years when they release the files. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I'm laughing with you as it goes, tickled me this has.

Funnily enough popped in my mother's yesterday and she was on about "it will all come out his findings were fake in years to come" on about Stephen Hawkin.

I don't think this is as far fetched as the replies suggest.

The way Chelsea performed against Man Citeh, allegedly under orders from Conte as a protest against lack of funding, is this beyond the realms of possibility?

Players these days, at certain clubs, seem to lack passion and have a couldn't give a monkeys attitude.

Thank the Lord for Warnock!

It’s just my hunch there is something serious going on here. It also explains the large Chelsea loss and Jose comments
    Done under secret service and Government advice perhaps.
    Discuss.

Press told to keep quiet.
    Or Barcelona are streets ahead of Chelsea as respective league tables suggest, while Man Utd thought they just needed to turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The way Chelsea performed against Man Citeh, allegedly under orders from Conte as a protest against lack of funding, is this beyond the realms of possibility?

Players these days, at certain clubs, seem to lack passion and have a couldn't give a monkeys attitude.

I’d put it down to them being shit and lacking bottle/skill. Still way behind the best in Europe. Man Utd and Chelsea are a Europa League teams. Spurs are a bit better than Bassel standard.

Liverpool will be found out next.

Man city will possibly make the final.

.......afterthought. It is funny how the English press were going on about the poor standard of Ligue 1 when trying to explain PSG’s demise. Yet again they make themselves look like complete fools.

The Spanish league is just streets ahead of the English league. There is no way Mourinho would ever want to look as much of a mug as he has this week.

Wilkins saying Seville would be in the bottom 6 of the premier league shows how the so called “proper football men” in this country can’t see past the end of their own nose.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

2 crackpots in one thread

Too many people believe the Sky hype about the Premier League - the Champions League tends to pass me by these days and I was never that keen on the competition anyway because I can remember the far better tournament that preceded it However, it is the true test by which a team, which rates itself as a big player in European football, is judged by . The Premier League is being won at a canter this season by a team that might, only might, have a chance of lifting the Champions League trophy at the end of the season, but the notion that any of the teams trailing miles behind Man City had/have a chance of winning it seems like nothing more than wishful thinking to me - Liverpool's forwards are good enough to make them candidates if there was something like the same quality in the rest of their side, but their midfield is full of "bread and butter" players, their defence too porous and their goalkeepers too error prone surely for them to go all of the way?

I hope I will still be able to read it in 50 years as I'll be 112!

I think against real or Barcelona even man City would be found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think against real or Barcelona even man City would be found out.
    Are Wigan out ?😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are Wigan out ?😂😂
    The hype of the Premier League is ridiculous.

People get carried away with it. Its just another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wilkins saying Seville would be in the bottom 6 of the premier league shows how the so called “proper football men” in this country can’t see past the end of their own nose.
    absolutely ridiculous, Sevilla have won the UEFA cup 5 times since 2005, English teams have won it 5 times since 1980.