+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock psychology

Warnock psychology

Neil's continuing "We're targeting the play offs and we're almost there" or "We've exceeded where we want to be, our target was 16 clean sheets for the season" or "Our points target for the season was 76" must be having a positive affect on our players - clearly they are being told that they've achieved what we set out to do. This gives them the opportunity to play freely without being under pressure.

Re: Warnock psychology

I also wonder if that's not what's being said behind closed doors. This is a fantastic opportunity. Saying they've achieved their target might have the opposite effect where they think the job is done.

What NW thinks and what he puts out for public consumption are two entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    What NW thinks and what he puts out for public consumption are two entirely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I also wonder if that's not what's being said behind closed doors. This is a fantastic opportunity. Saying they've achieved their target might have the opposite effect where they think the job is done.
    I think that's true. Keep the pressure off from the media etc, let them worry about Villa and Fulham and we'll keeping getting results. I'd say that ship should have sailed after Tuesday but I don't think it will be the case.

The players and Warnock know what they're close to, privately.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    With a huge bonus pot, I very much doubt it.