+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jones - p###k

Jones - p###k

Re: Jones - p###k

Another sport ruined by Jones.

That the same Jones who wanted to be the next Lions coach?

Bloody good that, Magners £10 for 20 cans.

Won't somebody please think of the children.

Who cares if he thinks the Irish are scummy and Wales is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Won't somebody please think of the children.

Who cares if he thinks the Irish are scummy and Wales is shit.
    The Welsh and the Irish players in the Lions squad probably won't be too pleased

Assuming he still gets it of course

Australia is my favourite 3rd world country despite Eddie.

Personally I didn't find the comment about Wales too offensive, or should I say I didnt take it personally. If he doesn't like Wales thats his issue but I suspect he was just after a cheap laugh. The Irish comment was worse but in the same category - trying to ingratiate himself with the crowd he was addressing. The comments were inadvisable and unbefitting of someone in his position but not a case for an international incident.

What does get me is the fact that he was whinging and crying a few weeks ago about being approached by people who made his train journey unpleasant. From what I saw there were a few pissed up clowns being a nuisance but he cant have it both ways. If he's going to bait the fans of other countries then he must reap what he sows.

He strikes me as a bit of a clown and I hope the Irish management play that clip in their dressing room before the rugby match on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Personally I didn't find the comment about Wales too offensive, or should I say I didnt take it personally. If he doesn't like Wales thats his issue but I suspect he was just after a cheap laugh. The Irish comment was worse but in the same category - trying to ingratiate himself with the crowd he was addressing. The comments were inadvisable and unbefitting of someone in his position but not a case for an international incident.

What does get me is the fact that he was whinging and crying a few weeks ago about being approached by people who made his train journey unpleasant. From what I saw there were a few pissed up clowns being a nuisance but he cant have it both ways. If he's going to bait the fans of other countries then he must reap what he sows.

He strikes me as a bit of a clown and I hope the Irish management play that clip in their dressing room before the rugby match on Saturday.
    Hes Australian. Thats it really.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    She has several points. The casual anti-Welsh bigotry she describes is not common in my experience, but it is more widespread than I expected. I lost my Welsh accent when I was a teenager - so have been in situations where I was expected to be in on the anti-Welsh abuse and treat it as a joke. I have become quite good at giving some back - but it isn't all 'banter'. There is also plain bigotry and prejudice - low level and in pockets, but real.

However, on the Eddie Jones thing, I think the main outcome is that he has embarrassed himself and the RFU, pumped up the Irish for the final 6 Nations match, and destroyed his hopes of managing the Lions. That's enough for now.

I had no sympathy for Jones when he received a bit of aggro following the Scotland game. He is a gobby little troll. You reap what you sow.

Good luck Ireland. I think you will stuff England

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post

This exactly, that was pathetic.