+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is this fake news as the content is worrying

Is this fake news as the content is worrying

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8257736.html

I know , and have known lots of lovely Labour members , I just don't recognise this stuff or like it , perhaps it's was there in thought, and social media is just exposing it ??
    I have wittnessed union and Labour fringe events that had a pro Palestinian support , and seen members wearing the fashionable Palestinian keffiyeh, this however seems a very different politics , and is not going away, its quite upsetting for those who have been traditional Labour supporters .
    Its hard to reognise the current Labour party, maybe I'm getting old.

Re: Is this fake news as the content is worrying

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8257736.html

I know , and have known lots of lovely Labour members , I just don't recognise this stuff or like it , perhaps it's was there in thought, and social media is just exposing it ??
    I have wittnessed union and Labour fringe events that had a pro Palestinian support , and seen members wearing the fashionable Palestinian keffiyeh, this however seems a very different politics , and is not going away, its quite upsetting for those who have been traditional Labour supporters .
    Its hard to reognise the current Labour party, maybe I'm getting old.
    She employed somebody who was suspended from the Labour party for anti semitism? So she has done nothing herself? Hardly crime of the century

As for anti-Semitism in labour, I am sure there is a bit. Media are definitely making a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Phew - that's alright then, a little bit is ok I guess, be sure to let Ken Livingston know though, as he still thinks he's suspended.
    Well, it would be a bit naive to think that a party with 600,000 members wouldn't have some people saying silly things.

Ken is just old, old people say inappropriate things all the time. I work with a 70 year old Tory Brexiteer, complete gent, used to run his own business, retired at 50 odd and lost loads of money in the financial crisis so he had to come back to work and turns up every day for a peanut more than minimum wage - today he said quietly to me 'and that is why they don't tend to make women managers' - shall I send him to the gulag? 200 hours of community service?

Im sure media is a player in this just shocked at its depth and poor quality of statements , I had the Labour MP's down as a better lot , I googled the problem and was shocked at the number of hits and incidents ,including investigations and suspensions , I just didn't expect the numbers.

Something has changed .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Im sure media is a player in this just shocked at its depth and poor quality of statements , I had the Labour MP's down as a better lot , I googled the problem and was shocked at the number of hits and incidents ,including investigations and suspensions , I just didn't expect the numbers.

Something has changed .
    Yeah, our tolerance and the fact that people report stuff these days

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah, our tolerance and the fact that people report stuff these days
    thank god for the expose of social media then , we can now root out nastiness against others ,again I do struggle with that concept that it exists within a Labour party , others parties yes . I always had Labour down as the most tolerant and caring than the other lot , hence voting for them .