+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Financial Advisors

Financial Advisors

Thinking of a career change. What qualifications do you need, and how long do they take to get them, to become a financial advisor?

Re: Financial Advisors

Initially, you'd have to start as Trainee Financial Advisor due to lack of experience. Then you could work as a Trainee whilst getting your exams , which could take about a year for someone with experience or if someone has little or no experience could take the same time as more time could be devoted to study.

However, firms are not that keen on Trainees as it needs a lot of investment with little return early on, and tend to switch other staff with potential in to these roles. They prefer to recruit experienced people as they would be up and running very quickly and would already have the relevant qualifications.

If you had contacts that you could use you could get a role as a self employed advisor with a firm but would be hard to earn a lot early on as you'd need to be supervised at first.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thinking of a career change. What qualifications do you need, and how long do they take to get them, to become a financial advisor?
    Not qualifications as such but humility and empathy and an ability to keep calm when someone disagrees with your advice would be some qualities I think you’d need

I’d take a look at Estate Agency if I were you 🤣
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 15-03-18 at 23:26. Reason: Typo

WHY ARE THEY NOT ALL RICH ?

Get a job as a para planner for an existing IFA is your best bet.

Need full cifa qualifications to get started as a proper advisor.

My brother did it recently. I’ll send him a text and ask and send you a pm if you don’t already have the answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    My brother did it recently. I’ll send him a text and ask and send you a pm if you don’t already have the answer here.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Not qualifications as such but humility and empathy and an ability to keep calm when someone disagrees with your advice would be some qualities I think you’d need

I’d take a look at Estate Agency if I were you ��
    Ooooooh. Still got the hump because I slagged off Mutchy are you fan boy?

I am already an account manager for some of the biggest publishers in the UK, you shouldnt make assumptions based on an internet persona.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Initially, you'd have to start as Trainee Financial Advisor due to lack of experience. Then you could work as a Trainee whilst getting your exams , which could take about a year for someone with experience or if someone has little or no experience could take the same time as more time could be devoted to study.

However, firms are not that keen on Trainees as it needs a lot of investment with little return early on, and tend to switch other staff with potential in to these roles. They prefer to recruit experienced people as they would be up and running very quickly and would already have the relevant qualifications.

If you had contacts that you could use you could get a role as a self employed advisor with a firm but would be hard to earn a lot early on as you'd need to be supervised at first.
    Thanks. Sounds likes its something I would have to do alongside my current job to start with.

I am already an account manager for some of the biggest publishers in the UK, you shouldnt make assumptions based on an internet persona.
    An account manager.... WOW!

And in PUBLISHING too? No wonder you’re looking for a career change.

Good luck with it. Try not to call any future clients dykes, there’s a good boy

And in PUBLISHING too? No wonder you’re looking for a career change.

Good luck with it. Try not to call any future clients dykes, there’s a good boy
    ok dad

Deeply distrust financial advisers.

Many of 'em will sell you something - say an investment plan - which is front-loaded so that on DAY ONE my £100K investment immediately becomes £90K and the next week, said advisor is driving a different car and talking holidays.

Should suit JR down to the ground..... - all up-front with no come-back,redress or apology.

ok dad
    Ha. You’re our version of Jursett - he’s just a bit (lot) younger than you and more successful
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 16-03-18 at 12:39. Reason: Fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Many of 'em will sell you something - say an investment plan - which is front-loaded so that on DAY ONE my £100K investment immediately becomes £90K and the next week, said advisor is driving a different car and talking holidays.

Should suit JR down to the ground..... - all up-front with no come-back,redress or apology.
    It’s just his internet persona don’t you know. At his core, he’s deep, thoughtful and really smart

Ha. You’re our version of Jursett - he’s just a bit (lot) younger than you and more successful
    Clearly! I too want to live opposite someone who lives in a nice big house, hence the career change.

It’s just his internet persona don’t you know. At his core, he’s deep, thoughtful and really smart
    Awwww, thats really sweet. Fanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

What about mortgage advisor? Is that easier to get into?

Blog Entries

Oooh those claws are sharp

@ JR, If it's something you want to do and you think you would be good at it just go for it, people don't always give advice because they want to help, they just like to think that they know better than you, 11 months on from starting my diet and despite losing 7 stones people STILL love to tell me how my diet is all wrong and how coconut oil is going to kill me #sodem , just do what you want.

From what you've told us about yourself are you sure financial adviser is the best career choice

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Oooh those claws are sharp
    Didn't you post on here some time ago?

Blog Entries

If you class 10 mins as some time ago.

Do you know she’s lost 7 stone? I had no idea!

Weren't you moaning recently that everyone had forgotten all about you?

Well, we had!

(Great avatar, btw)