+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racist Graffiti Grangetown

Racist Graffiti Grangetown

Fair play there are some right bell ends out there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wa...wales-43428476

Re: Racist Graffiti Grangetown

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Fair play there are some right bell ends out there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-wa...wales-43428476
    Dreadful you would think someone would have seen something and from the poster investigate and charge them , they ain't going be the clever at covering their tracks with brains as the size of pimples

It’s sad how much the far right has managed to get into the heads of working class people. Years of being forgotten about by governments and the inflammatory stories blaming everyone but the government in the paper haven’t helped.

Yobs

A couple of assholes gives the impression racism is alive and well.
    You only have to look at the ageing ex hooligans to show racism is for the thick and ignorant.

Is that Ashley Williams house?

People believing shite social media pages like Britain First and the like spout

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s sad how much the far right has managed to get into the heads of working class people. Years of being forgotten about by governments and the inflammatory stories blaming everyone but the government in the paper haven’t helped.
    ^ very much this.

I like to think that Cardiffians are proud of the fact that our capital is a tolerant multicultural City. There is no place for this sort of nonsense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    ^ very much this.

I like to think that Cardiffians are proud of the fact that our capital is a tolerant multicultural City. There is no place for this sort of nonsense here.
    I always thought it was, I think the last few years has seen a complete culture shift in the whole country if not the whole world.

Russia has done a number on people by promoting alt right conspiracies, YouTube channels and twitter accounts. And most of the media here and in America have helped to stir the pot in exactly the same way.

International

Are you suggesting the government is to blame? Do you think the british government encourages this kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you suggesting the government is to blame? Do you think the british government encourages this kind of thing?
    The previous labour and Tory governments have left certain working class areas in the north and in Wales to ruin. There’s so much poverty and unemployment in these places and then the papers blame foreigners. You can’t say that isn’t fostering this sort of thing. Otherwise where has it come from?

The previous labour and Tory governments have left certain working class areas in the north and in Wales to ruin. There’s so much poverty and unemployment in these places and then the papers blame foreigners. You can’t say that isn’t fostering this sort of thing. Otherwise where has it come from?
    Indeed. Blaming foreigners, benefit cheats etc is simple. Suggest someone is getting something for nothing at our expense. Create hatred. It's been going on for at least a decade. The tactic sometimes involves suggesting these people get more than our servicemen and women. It's easy to create outrage based on nonsense. Virtually all memes I see on social media attacking benefit cheats, foreigners, those who cannot fight back themselves are absolute bollocks, but people believe them to be true and they get shared and spread like wildfire.

I have yet to lose a debate on immigration with anyone over the last few years as I know enough facts to render uneducated opinions nonsense. Having the facts upsets lots of people who have their own opinions, which get dismantled rather quickly. Yet some people would rather believe their own opinion even if it's bollocks than believe statistically proven facts. One of my favourites was with a guy who lives in the valleys who was suggesting "they" (Muslims) are everywhere nowadays (nonsense), we can't stop "them" coming in (nonsense), Sharia Law will be taking over (nonsense). Absolute tool, but he disregarded any facts I gave to him, instead choosing to believe what he sees with his own eyes and his own life experiences. In the valleys? Yes, we're overrun with foreigners... Fecking idiot. Just believing what the right wing print media spout out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Indeed. Blaming foreigners, benefit cheats etc is simple. Suggest someone is getting something for nothing at our expense. Create hatred. It's been going on for at least a decade. The tactic sometimes involves suggesting these people get more than our servicemen and women. It's easy to create outrage based on nonsense. Virtually all memes I see on social media attacking benefit cheats, foreigners, those who cannot fight back themselves are absolute bollocks, but people believe them to be true and they get shared and spread like wildfire.

I have yet to lose a debate on immigration with anyone over the last few years as I know enough facts to render uneducated opinions nonsense. Having the facts upsets lots of people who have their own opinions, which get dismantled rather quickly. Yet some people would rather believe their own opinion even if it's bollocks than believe statistically proven facts. One of my favourites was with a guy who lives in the valleys who was suggesting "they" (Muslims) are everywhere nowadays (nonsense), we can't stop "them" coming in (nonsense), Sharia Law will be taking over (nonsense). Absolute tool, but he disregarded any facts I gave to him, instead choosing to believe what he sees with his own eyes and his own life experiences. In the valleys? Yes, we're overrun with foreigners... Fecking idiot. Just believing what the right wing print media spout out.
    Ohhhh right 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Just after the Brexit vote BBC Wales sent a reporter to Abertillery to interview locals about thier reasons for voting leave. The general response was that they had voted leave because of immigration putting pressure on services and taking our jobs. The interviewer failed to point out that Blaenau Gwent has the lowest immigration rate in the whole of the UK.
    The Tories are never going to get votes in these areas so the best thing to stop the population voting Labour is to blame the long term and deep rooted problems affecting the South Wales valleys on Johnny Foreigner, hence the rise in the UKIP vote in the valleys.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Just after the Brexit vote BBC Wales sent a reporter to Abertillery to interview locals about thier reasons for voting leave. The general response was that they had voted leave because of immigration putting pressure on services and taking our jobs. The interviewer failed to point out that Blaenau Gwent has the lowest immigration rate in the whole of the UK.
    The Tories are never going to get votes in these areas so the best thing to stop the population voting Labour is to blame the long term and deep rooted problems affecting the South Wales valleys on Johnny Foreigner, hence the rise in the UKIP vote in the valleys.
    Absolutely, and there are plenty of imbeciles in the valleys who lap that up without devoting a brain cell to fathoming out whether it's true or not.

There's an interesting video with Nick Robinson asking older people about immigration. All of them thought we need to control immigration but when presented with the jobs that immigrants do, none of them could say that immigrants shouldn't be doing them. One guy even said that immigrants were lazy, then when asked about immigrants locally said they were all hard working......

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Ohhhh right 👀
    Take one thing that lots of people believe - the UK has open borders which it cannot control. Utter nonsense, but lots believe it and won't be convinced otherwise.

I grew up in Abertillery, haven’t lived there for about 15 years but still visit from time to time and there are no more than 1 foreign family in the whole town yet the over rising opinion is foreigners are taking all the jobs.

The valleys have been let down by government after government, there is no work and the education standards there are shocking. It’s a shame because most people I know from there are decent people but like a lot of the country Believe every single thing they see on the news.