+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Bartley? Anyone remember him?

Kevin Bartley? Anyone remember him?

According to this he scored for us against Standard Leige in the Cup Winners Cup in 93/94.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...t-only-1347806

Re: Kevin Bartley? Anyone remember him?

I remember him, or did we have a Kevin Bartlett too?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to this he scored for us against Standard Leige in the Cup Winners Cup in 93/94.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...t-only-1347806
    No. Was on the bench for that game though??

https://www.11v11.com/matches/cardif...r-1993-307395/

Robbie James’ goal...

https://youtu.be/RCw6HYwJd9Y

Don`t remember him at all to be honest, do remember Kevin Bartlett who was sold to West Brom by Clemo .

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post

Robbie James’ goal...

So Tony Bird got the 2 away goals and Robbie scored in the home game ? Bit confused now unless the original story is a load of bollox of course.
    Always liked Robbie James, strong player.

I saw that game. Don't remember him. I remember the Robbie James goal and that they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post

Robbie James’ goal...

Yes, you're right - it looks like his only appearance for us was when he came on as a sub in the home leg, but I think he must have being having a laugh with the journalist who interviewed him with bit about him scoring.

I don't think he was involved in the away leg and even if he was, Tony Bird scored both of our goals over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I remember driving from London to watch that game having also driven to the away leg, only to find that some utter scumbag had broken into my new car during the game, and nicked the stereo, to cap a pretty miserable journey home.... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Don`t remember him at all to be honest, do remember Kevin Bartlett who was sold to West Brom by Clemo .
    Kevin Bartlett was like Cohen Griffiths v2.0 if my memory serves me correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yeah he was tidy enough and scored a few but Griffith was around a lot longer and scored a few more if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It would be the other way around. Bartlett was here before Griffith.

Anyway going back to the original post, the guy is full of shit. as stated Bird scored the 2 away and James (RIP) the only goal at home. Funnily enough i was looking for video of James' goal the other day and couldn't find it.

great time to be a city fan and a young man

Away was just 100% madness, with the added advantage we got a ride in a APC and spent a few hours at a army base

happy days

Kevin Bartlett great player. He must be one of our fastest players ever.

Yes Bartley played as a substitute in the second leg at home v Standard Liege. He didn't score.
    To be fair he only got in the squad because UEFA had a rule that we had to have a certain number of Welsh players in the squad.

Kevin Bartlett on the other hand was some player. We bought hime from Fareham for £3,000 after Frank Burrows had him at Portsmouth as a youngster. Well done Frank. We sold him for £120,000 , which was surprise at the time as the club was desperate for money and we all though Jimmy Gilligan was to be sold, but Clemo sprung the sale of Bartlett on everyone. Just to pout icing on the cake we sold Gilligan to Portsmouth, then managed by Burrows, for £215,000 only a few months later. Alan Curtis left us for Swansea ,at the same time as Gilligan, for £6,500. We bought Leigh Barnard, Cohen Griffith, Gavin Ward, Roger Hansbury for some of the money, having already brought in Chris Pike on a free in the summer.

Those ECWC games saw us drop "foreign" (English, Scots, Irish players) as we could only field three non-welsh players, we had players with ECWC appearances and no league or cup appearances. Not sure but something to do with us (FAW) starting the league of Wales?

RIP Robbie James my favourite Jack that played for us.

Played in the same team as Kevin Bartley in the Welsh league with Briton Ferry after he had been released from City. Never really made the grade with City despite scoring for fun in the reserves. He was a Swansea boy the Son of former Swansea player Danny Bartley .

Remember the game , not the lad though , loved those European nights ,bloody magical .

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes Bartley played as a substitute in the second leg at home v Standard Liege. He didn't score.
    To be fair he only got in the squad because UEFA had a rule that we had to have a certain number of Welsh players in the squad.

Kevin Bartlett on the other hand was some player. We bought hime from Fareham for £3,000 after Frank Burrows had him at Portsmouth as a youngster. Well done Frank. We sold him for £120,000 , which was surprise at the time as the club was desperate for money and we all though Jimmy Gilligan was to be sold, but Clemo sprung the sale of Bartlett on everyone. Just to pout icing on the cake we sold Gilligan to Portsmouth, then managed by Burrows, for £215,000 only a few months later. Alan Curtis left us for Swansea ,at the same time as Gilligan, for £6,500. We bought Leigh Barnard, Cohen Griffith, Gavin Ward, Roger Hansbury for some of the money, having already brought in Chris Pike on a free in the summer.
    Pikey on a free was a good piece of business looking at his scoring record.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

to be fair at the time, Cohen Griffith, Gavin Ward, Roger Hansbury and Pikey all did very well for us, we sold Gavin for a decent amount if i remember rightly