+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhys Healey to Torquay on loan

Rhys Healey to Torquay on loan

https://www.torquayunited.com/signin...-cardiff-city/

The Club is pleased to announce the loan signing of Cardiff City striker, Rhys Healey.

Healey, 23, joins on loan until the end of the season. He scored 6 goals in 13 starts and 4 substitute appearances on loan at Newport County last season. He returned to Cardiff City to score his debut goal for the Bluebirds in a 1-0 win over Burton Albion.

He spent his youth career with welsh side Connah’s Quay Nomads before his good form led to him being signed by Cardiff. Loan moves took him to Colchester United and then Dundee before joining the Exiles.

“Very pleased to sign such a high-quality player at this stage of the season,” said TUFC head coach, Gary Owers.

“I’d personally like to thank Neil Warnock for his help in bringing Rhys here, and Rhys himself for showing a great attitude for wanting to come here and play.

“If the transfer window was open he’d be going to a [Football] League club, no doubt about it. I was very grateful to receive the call yesterday, I know all about him and it was agreed very, very quickly.”

Re: Rhys Healey to Torquay on loan

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.torquayunited.com/signin...-cardiff-city/

The Club is pleased to announce the loan signing of Cardiff City striker, Rhys Healey.

Healey, 23, joins on loan until the end of the season. He scored 6 goals in 13 starts and 4 substitute appearances on loan at Newport County last season. He returned to Cardiff City to score his debut goal for the Bluebirds in a 1-0 win over Burton Albion.

He spent his youth career with welsh side Connah’s Quay Nomads before his good form led to him being signed by Cardiff. Loan moves took him to Colchester United and then Dundee before joining the Exiles.

“Very pleased to sign such a high-quality player at this stage of the season,” said TUFC head coach, Gary Owers.

“I’d personally like to thank Neil Warnock for his help in bringing Rhys here, and Rhys himself for showing a great attitude for wanting to come here and play.

“If the transfer window was open he’d be going to a [Football] League club, no doubt about it. I was very grateful to receive the call yesterday, I know all about him and it was agreed very, very quickly.”
    Shows the season we’re having that he can’t get close to the bench even with injuries

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Shows the season we’re having that he can’t get close to the bench even with injuries
    The big strong pacey striker is absolutely pivotal to our style at the moment so much so if both Zohore and Madine were injured he’d be one of the last choices I’d say with A few in front, Maybe even behind Patterson.

The boy needs to be playing and I wish him the best.

I think another one of our ex youngsters Tommy O'Sullivan is down there on loan currently too.

Has he joined a non-league team because he can't move to another football league team outside of the window? Seems a big drop in standard for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Has he joined a non-league team because he can't move to another football league team outside of the window? Seems a big drop in standard for him.
    That is indeed the reason.

I thank you.

Bloody good move for Torquay that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Yep he’s a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    it is, he should bang in a fair few with them

he needs to a play , I'm sure he'll put a smile on the Torquay's fans faces

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Yes. As it says in the article

Oh aye, I didn't read that

An excellent signing for Torquay, doesn't get much better at that level. They desperately need results and Healey could bang them in to keep them up.

I’m staggered a League 1 or 2 team didn’t come in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m staggered a League 1 or 2 team didn’t come in for him.
    Don't think he could have, at least that's what their manager says in the actual article.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't think he could have, at least that's what their manager says in the actual article.
    Warnock was saying in January that he was getting plenty of enquiries from League clubs for Healey, but didn't want to let him go at that time - maybe some better fitness news regarding one of our injured strikers has made him change his mind?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock was saying in January that he was getting plenty of enquiries from League clubs for Healey, but didn't want to let him go at that time - maybe some better fitness news regarding one of our injured strikers has made him change his mind?
    I meant at this time in the season, but he's definitely capable of going to league 1 and gaining experience/scoring goals so maybe at that time it was the injury that held him back. Madine you're referring to re injury?

Healey didn't play today. He was an unused sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Healey didn't play today. He was an unused sub.
    BBC site shows he came on for the last eight minutes.