+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff ‘City’

Cardiff ‘City’

Would you be gutted if we dropped the City from our name. I recall when we were in the Prem we were always referred to as just Cardiff

Re: Cardiff ‘City’

I seem to remember us being known as Cardiff Nil

Most City fans call us 'City'.

This isn't the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This isn't the kind of thing that keeps me awake at night.
    What does? Noisy neighbours, the new Cold War, insomnia, copious amounts of amphetamines?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What does? Noisy neighbours, the new Cold War, insomnia, copious amounts of amphetamines?
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much it.
    Oh sorry mate, didn’t realise you live in Tremorfa.

We will always be “The City” to me

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    We will always be “The City” to me
    Ditto.

Why this thread?

Is Tan planning another rebrand?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Ditto.

Why this thread?

Is Tan planning another rebrand?
    Dont forget, you read it here first, CCMB with the breaking news

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you be gutted if we dropped the City from our name. I recall when we were in the Prem we were always referred to as just Cardiff
    Only if he doubles the debt.

Some of you will never learn - history, tradition and (most of all) fan unity means sod all as you a to quench the thirst of playing Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley every week. This place continues to reel of desperation.

What next "would anyone mind terribly if Cardiff City became Cardiff Cosway, and we moved to London?". Cardiff City, the only club where pride comes before a rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

Some of you will never learn - history, tradition and (most of all) fan unity means sod all as you a to quench the thirst of playing Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley every week. This place continues to reel of desperation.

What next "would anyone mind terribly if Cardiff City became Cardiff Cosway, and we moved to London?". Cardiff City, the only club where pride comes before a rise.
    Have you ran the yanks and Jenkins out of town yet or are they still doing you inbreds in the pooper

International

WJ99mobile, why did you start this and give the bitter bar steward air?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Most City fans call us 'City'.
    You've left the 'The' out !!!!!!

Wern't we due to be called the Cardiff Celts once-upon-a-time?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Wern't we due to be called the Cardiff Celts once-upon-a-time?
    I believe so, big Sam’s idea weren’t it

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Have you ran the yanks and Jenkins out of town yet or are they still doing you inbreds in the pooper
    Just because you have lost your identity, it doesn't qualify you to try to change mine.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    WJ99mobile, why did you start this and give the bitter bar steward air?
    WJ99Mobile - wasn't he once WJ99Red? I find it hard to keep up with all the name changes (even mine)!.

We shouldn’t forget perhaps that your instinctive reaction to the rebrand was that it was only a colour.

Before your epiphany that you haven’t stopped drawing attention to since.

We shouldn’t forget perhaps that your instinctive reaction to the rebrand was that it was only a colour.

Before your epiphany that you haven’t stopped drawing attention to since.
    My instinctive reaction to the rebrand was that the story was bull shit and a few people were getting wound up over a rumour from a poster who had never posted before. Perhaps we should dig up my posts pre and post the official announcement - I did that before and it didn't sit comfortably with people who were trying to advocate me as some sort of rebrand apologist.

My instinctive reaction to the rebrand was that the story was bull shit and a few people were getting wound up over a rumour from a poster who had never posted before. Perhaps we should dig up my posts pre and post the official announcement - I did that before and it didn't sit comfortably with people who were trying to advocate me as some sort of rebrand apologist.
    Are you now claiming you never posted ‘it’s only a colour’? The post was linked on here many times for all to see.

Are you now claiming you never posted ‘it’s only a colour’? The post was linked on here many times for all to see.
    I didn't claim that at all. What I am saying is that I posted that at the time it was a rumour and I was being flippant. I treated the story that way because there was absolutely no way it could be true. I wasn't alone in laughing at the story at the time.

This thread is in danger about becoming all about something the OP didn't start with.

OP - You claim Cardiff City were known only as Cardiff in the PL days. Can you elaborate please? The official scores being read out on Radio 5 had the bloke saying "Cardiff City".

Cant Mike or the mods set up a rebrand dump section along with the politics section where threads like this where the same old sh!t same old arguments get dumped.

Its about to get groundhog day.

I didn't claim that at all. What I am saying is that I posted that at the time it was a rumour and I was being flippant. I treated the story that way because there was absolutely no way it could be true. I wasn't alone in laughing at the story at the time.
    Righteo. You’re probably unaware how odd that explanation sounds.

Anyway, the last time I questioned you about it you said you wrote it because the rebrand was much more than just the colour change for you. Had more time to remember what you meant I guess.

He posted its only a colour about 5 matches into the season, he’s just lucky the old board has been deleted. Why anyone converses with him is beyond me, fair enough if it was every now and then but it is all he posts about and there’s no talking to him at all.