+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff ‘City’

Re: Cardiff ‘City’

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Righteo. You’re probably unaware how odd that explanation sounds.

Anyway, the last time I questioned you about it you said you wrote it because the rebrand was much more than just the colour change for you. Had more time to remember what you meant I guess.
    And which part of my recent posts contradict that?

The OP is advocating dropping a key part of Cardiff City's identity - maybe for another tranche of "investments" that Tan can turn to equity "immediately".

My issues with the rebrand were not about the colour, as such, but about

1) The methodology used - particularly the "We have reversed our decision, and the club is now fecked" type statement.
    2) The lack of clarity on the form of the £100m investment - was it a debt - no, yes, maybe.
    3) The short term view being undertaken, Premier or bust. The gamble paid off, if it hadn't then I feared for the club
    4) The tactics of Tan in almost rewriting the history of the club out of the history of the club. "What has the bluebird brand ever achieved? A cup win in 1928 haha"

Now, you are keen to add weight to some flippant posts I made pre official announcement when, to be frank, this place was full of similar types of posts. Interestingly, you seem unable to bring up posts that I made following the official announcement. You are, perhaps, a little guilty of dressing me up to suit your own sordid fetish. Sorry that my knee didn't jerk with a post from Blue since 1908.

So, in the interests of balance, can you recall what I was posting on May 9th?

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions...-bluebird.html

I signed this petition on May 9th - my name is there. I am happy to PM this to you if you like. Also there are the signatures of my father, cousin, uncle and grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He posted its only a colour about 5 matches into the season, he’s just lucky the old board has been deleted. Why anyone converses with him is beyond me, fair enough if it was every now and then but it is all he posts about and there’s no talking to him at all.
    :likes:

He posted its only a colour about 5 matches into the season, he’s just lucky the old board has been deleted. Why anyone converses with him is beyond me, fair enough if it was every now and then but it is all he posts about and there’s no talking to him at all.
    Except I didn't. You made the claim on the old board, and I asked you to provide a link. You failed then, and you are lucky the old board has been deleted because it would show your claim to be spurious.

BTW, this thread started with a Cardiff fan advocating dropping a piece of identity. But, that isn't the big issue here is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    And which part of my recent posts contradict that?

The OP is advocating dropping a key part of Cardiff City's identity - maybe for another tranche of "investments" that Tan can turn to equity "immediately".

My issues with the rebrand were not about the colour, as such, but about

1) The methodology used - particularly the "We have reversed our decision, and the club is now fecked" type statement.
    2) The lack of clarity on the form of the £100m investment - was it a debt - no, yes, maybe.
    3) The short term view being undertaken, Premier or bust. The gamble paid off, if it hadn't then I feared for the club
    4) The tactics of Tan in almost rewriting the history of the club out of the history of the club. "What has the bluebird brand ever achieved? A cup win in 1928 haha"

Now, you are keen to add weight to some flippant posts I made pre official announcement when, to be frank, this place was full of similar types of posts. Interestingly, you seem unable to bring up posts that I made following the official announcement. You are, perhaps, a little guilty of dressing me up to suit your own sordid fetish. Sorry that my knee didn't jerk with a post from Blue since 1908.

So, in the interests of balance, can you recall what I was posting on May 9th?

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions...-bluebird.html

I signed this petition on May 9th - my name is there. I am happy to PM this to you if you like. Also there are the signatures of my father, cousin, uncle and grandfather.
    He protesteth too much me thinks.

I really didn’t intend to turn the spotlight on you again in this thread, you’ve really done more than enough of that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you be gutted if we dropped the City from our name. I recall when we were in the Prem we were always referred to as just Cardiff
    Just Cardiff v Unjust Swansea

He protesteth too much me thinks.

I’m glad you moved from your initial position. Hopefully the posts on here helped you see sense.

I didn’t really intend to turn the spotlight on you again in this thread, you’ve really done more than enough of that yourself.
    And off he skulks again.

My initial position was - bullshit story, bull shit responses. I did say on May 7th, if the story had any truth in it I would be opposed. But, again that doesn't suit certain agendas.

I am avoiding nothing about my posts then, I can provide evidence that I opposed the rebrand as soon as it was made official.

Back to the OP, are you happy that fans are happy to drop yet more identity on the eve of a Premier League season. And, were Cardiff City really just "Cardiff" in the 2013/14 season?

Were no lessons learnt by some of us (WJ99Mobile being the exhibit here) following the last rebrand? Are some fans happy to sell off little chunks of the football club to get new loans from an absent owner?

Only if he doubles the debt.

Some of you will never learn - history, tradition and (most of all) fan unity means sod all as you a to quench the thirst of playing Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley every week. This place continues to reel of desperation.

What next "would anyone mind terribly if Cardiff City became Cardiff Cosway, and we moved to London?". Cardiff City, the only club where pride comes before a rise.
    What a complete and utter tit..!

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What a complete and utter tit..!
    Nice to see Floella back in blue

Nice to see Floella back in blue
    Floella is a true fan and loves her club, regardless of the colour of the shirts they wear.

And off he skulks again.

My initial position was - bullshit story, bull shit responses.
    One final thing. Even if we accept that you were naturally just stating the opposite of what you really meant because it was a rumour and not official, the most generous interpretation is that you were attention-seeking right from the start. Reinforced by your behaviour on here since.

I know several boycotters who haven’t returned and have full respect for them, particularly the consistent and dignified way they’ve gone about it. For some reason you seem to attract very little sympathy from people.

I’ve not skulked off I just can’t be arsed interacting with such a boring person. Especially one trying to rewrite history and posting the same shite non stop. Funny that Kris doesn’t post any more too 🤔

One final thing. Even if we accept that you were naturally just stating the opposite of what you really meant because it was a rumour and not official, the most generous interpretation is that you were attention-seeking right from the start. Reinforced by your behaviour on here since.

I know several boycotters who haven’t returned and have full respect for them, particularly the consistent and dignified way they’ve gone about it. For some reason you seem to attract very little sympathy from people.
    Why on earth would I want sympathy?

And off he skulks again.

My initial position was - bullshit story, bull shit responses. I did say on May 7th, if the story had any truth in it I would be opposed. But, again that doesn't suit certain agendas.

I am avoiding nothing about my posts then, I can provide evidence that I opposed the rebrand as soon as it was made official.

Back to the OP, are you happy that fans are happy to drop yet more identity on the eve of a Premier League season. And, were Cardiff City really just "Cardiff" in the 2013/14 season?

Were no lessons learnt by some of us (WJ99Mobile being the exhibit here) following the last rebrand? Are some fans happy to sell off little chunks of the football club to get new loans from an absent owner?
    Didn't oppose the rebrand as soon as it was made official by getting a refund on your ST did you?

So what was your opposition at that point?

I’ve not skulked off I just can’t be arsed interacting with such a boring person. Especially one trying to rewrite history and posting the same shite non stop. Funny that Kris doesn’t post any more too ��
    I wasn't replying to you. The reply that was intended for you was me, basically, saying you are hiding behind a deleted messageboard in an attempt to claim I was pro rebrand after match day 5. When are you going to give me the honour of changing your username to match mine

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Didn't oppose the rebrand as soon as it was made official by getting a refund on your ST did you?

As previously stated, and as others also did, my intention was to protest inside the ground. I felt there would be a backlash against Huddersfield, and I was proven wrong.

What I haven't done was suggest that we should be selling little bits of the club (like the name suggested by the OP) in order to get into more debt and to have fleetingly short appearances in the PL. However, the fanbase is now such that suggesting dropping "city" barely raises a murmur, whereas someone intended to attend games to voice disapproval at the club is seen as some sort of freak.

He’s a Swansea fan Lardy who has never been in the ccs I don’t know why people bother to trigger him

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    He’s a Swansea fan Lardy who has never been in the ccs I don’t know why people bother to trigger him
    I keep hearing this... it's about as factually correct as many of the statements here about me (except the one about me being a tit - that was 100% correct). Oddly, the OP's opening post has not been debated here by anyone except me and the second replier. I'll be the one accused of shit stirring by Mike though!

Quote Originally Posted by Powis blue View Post
    He's not a Swansea fan, and he used to be a good poster on here (which may be hard to believe).

He's not a Swansea fan, and he used to be a good poster on here (which may be hard to believe).
    Used to be is the right description. I put him on ignore a month ago (the only poster I've done that to in years) and the board is much easier to navigate now.

Hoopefully he'll realise one day that life is not perfect and, while you do what you can to influence the things you can influence, that sometimes losing a battle but winning a war is often the best outcome to be hoped for. I'm not sure what else he hopes for now that we're back in Blue, being run as sensibly as I can ever recall, and with a team which epitomises what it means to be Cardiff City.

I didn't claim that at all. What I am saying is that I posted that at the time it was a rumour and I was being flippant. I treated the story that way because there was absolutely no way it could be true. I wasn't alone in laughing at the story at the time.

This thread is in danger about becoming all about something the OP didn't start with.

OP - You claim Cardiff City were known only as Cardiff in the PL days. Can you elaborate please? The official scores being read out on Radio 5 had the bloke saying "Cardiff City".
    I didn’t know about your ‘only a colour’ comment. Sort of challenges your credibility on here for me. Sounds now like something you’ve allowed to fester and consume you over time and you’re now embarrassed about your hypocrisy.

Did I also read recently that you’d gone to games when we were in the PL (maybe not)?

To be fair TLG has stuck by his principles - and has gone to games this and last season (with good reason).

I can only speak for myself but the only reason I can think of that would cause me to post on here would be one of intense animosity.

You’ve probably offered an explanation in the past as to why you’re apparently going to do this in perpetuity but I’m not sure what that is?

You also keep referring to Cardiff City as if you’re a casual observer - yet I also seem to recall that you’ve said you’ll come back as soon as Tan leaves (I maybe wrong on that as well)

So are you a Cardiff City fan who is anti-Tan or just anti-Cardiff City?

Except I didn't. You made the claim on the old board, and I asked you to provide a link. You failed then, and you are lucky the old board has been deleted because it would show your claim to be spurious.

BTW, this thread started with a Cardiff fan advocating dropping a piece of identity. But, that isn't the big issue here is it?
    I saw no ‘advocacy’ in the OP.

What did you read?

Or did you just conveniently interpret?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    We will always be “The City” to me
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I didn’t know about your ‘only a colour’ comment. Sort of challenges your credibility on here for me. Sounds now like something you’ve allowed to fester and consume you over time and you’re now embarrassed about your hypocrisy.

Did I also read recently that you’d gone to games when we were in the PL (maybe not)?

To be fair TLG has stuck by his principles - and has gone to games this and last season (with good reason).

I can only speak for myself but the only reason I can think of that would cause me to post on here would be one of intense animosity.

You’ve probably offered an explanation in the past as to why you’re apparently going to do this in perpetuity but I’m not sure what that is?

You also keep referring to Cardiff City as if you’re a casual observer - yet I also seem to recall that you’ve said you’ll come back as soon as Tan leaves (I maybe wrong on that as well)

So are you a Cardiff City fan who is anti-Tan or just anti-Cardiff City?
    As I explained in this thread, the "only a colour" remark was said at the time that the rebrand appeared to be nothing more than a malicious runout.

I'm sure you have read about me attending PL games at Cardiff - the fact is I didn't. But, who needs facts hey?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I saw no ‘advocacy’ in the OP.

What did you read?

Or did you just conveniently interpret?
    You write this after conveniently interpreting yourself! The OP was one of the first to embrace the rebrand by changing his name, so it is entirely possible that he would forfeit "City" for another tranche of loans. I find it incredible that such suggestions are being made - but that's just me.

As for my continuing presence on the board, I have met a few here. I ran a few DVD copies for users of the FA Cup final, a few copies of the Man City and Luton games from 1993/4 too. I managed to get a copy of the FA Cup final program to Caliburn, and shared my fan number with a fan who was struggling to get tickets for the FA Cup semi.

I've given people lifts to games, lifts home etc etc all through this message board. I fully intend on going to Cardiff games in the future, assuming I get your approval of course. Hence, I continue to have an interest.

Only if he doubles the debt.

Some of you will never learn - history, tradition and (most of all) fan unity means sod all as you a to quench the thirst of playing Swansea, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley every week. This place continues to reel of desperation.

What next "would anyone mind terribly if Cardiff City became Cardiff Cosway, and we moved to London?". Cardiff City, the only club where pride comes before a rise.
    I LIKE OTTERS AND RIDING MY BIKE