+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardiff ‘City’

Re: Cardiff ‘City’

"Cardiff City" sounds far better than "Cardiff FC" anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You write this after conveniently interpreting yourself! The OP was one of the first to embrace the rebrand by changing his name, so it is entirely possible that he would forfeit "City" for another tranche of loans. I find it incredible that such suggestions are being made - but that's just me.

As for my continuing presence on the board, I have met a few here. I ran a few DVD copies for users of the FA Cup final, a few copies of the Man City and Luton games from 1993/4 too. I managed to get a copy of the FA Cup final program to Caliburn, and shared my fan number with a fan who was struggling to get tickets for the FA Cup semi.

I've given people lifts to games, lifts home etc etc all through this message board. I fully intend on going to Cardiff games in the future, assuming I get your approval of course. Hence, I continue to have an interest.
    Going to games as a fan of CCFC or not?

City has never been dropped and nor has it been mentioned. Sky drop the full name, as they do for every one club city.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you be gutted if we dropped the City from our name. I recall when we were in the Prem we were always referred to as just Cardiff
    Is this a serious question? OP should have saved it up for April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would you be gutted if we dropped the City from our name. I recall when we were in the Prem we were always referred to as just Cardiff
    We're still referred to as "Cardiff" and not "Cardiff City" by the media, and have been for years. It really annoys me.

It’s basically the same for every one team city team though isn’t it?

Leicester, Coventry, stoke etc

And Leeds, Newcastle, Derby, Wolves, West Brom, Brighton, West Ham all get their suffixes dropped.