+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Canton seats with a child - recommendations

Canton seats with a child - recommendations

My 8, almost 9 year old has the bug. After a few years of season tickets in the family stand we've done a flexi ticket this year in the canton.
    He's desperate for a season ticket again but in the canton.
    Can anyone recommend a block? He's only 8 so wants atmosphere but I'd prefer where no standing and ' less' language
    Prefer towards front as he likes watching them train etc
    We've bounced around a fair bit this season and don't seem to have got it quite right

(Ps we got it perfect imo against brizzle but how he didn't repeat that all of our own players were f***ing c**** despite the guy behind us is a stroke of luck with his mother)

Re: Canton seats with a child - recommendations

The year we spent in the premier league the whole Canton stood for every game of the season. I would expect the same if we go up. So I would say right at the front of 107/108. The downside is that you will get wet.

Thanks for the tip
    Don't mind getting wet
    We were in the family stand that season.. he doesnt remember it :) but he wants the canton for the atmosphere whatever league were in.. growing up too quick

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Thanks for the tip
    Don't mind getting wet
    We were in the family stand that season.. he doesnt remember it :) but he wants the canton for the atmosphere whatever league were in.. growing up too quick
    My boys are in the Canton with me, similar age, there are plenty of other youngsters in there. I wouldn’t worry about the salty language, they probably hear worse in the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The year we spent in the premier league the whole Canton stood for every game of the season. I would expect the same if we go up. So I would say right at the front of 107/108. The downside is that you will get wet.
    Doubt it .
    Carragher doesn't play these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    My boys are in the Canton with me, similar age, there are plenty of other youngsters in there. I wouldn’t worry about the salty language, they probably hear worse in the playground.
    You're prob right but in amongst the standers he did struggle on his seat for 90 min where do you sit? There were no kids anywhere near us last time

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    My 8, almost 9 year old has the bug. After a few years of season tickets in the family stand we've done a flexi ticket this year in the canton.
    He's desperate for a season ticket again but in the canton.
    Can anyone recommend a block? He's only 8 so wants atmosphere but I'd prefer where no standing and ' less' language
    Prefer towards front as he likes watching them train etc
    We've bounced around a fair bit this season and don't seem to have got it quite right

(Ps we got it perfect imo against brizzle but how he didn't repeat that all of our own players were f***ing c**** despite the guy behind us is a stroke of luck with his mother)
    reminds me of when i used to take the oldest daughter ( she was about 7 or 8 ) to Ninian park ( last 2 seasons ) and we used to have a rule " What goes on at football stays at football, as soon as we sit back in the car to drive home thats it, end of football "

It used to work well, then one day she decided to sing a song / chant, she knew football was over, so had to BEEP the words out good girl i thought
    so the chant went " you BEEP B-stard , you BEEP B-stard "

Of course she knew one of the words were a swear word, but didnt know which one, so took the chance and went with " jack " still makes me laugh

Going to be 22 this month, the old man had me in the family stand what was now 8 years ago... don't even sweat it, get him amongst it, he'll love it, absolutely no worries mate.