+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 13 points will be enough

13 points will be enough

I do believe that will be enough.

A fellogh city fan from kenfig hill I met tonight in Drogheda will be party night.

Going up!

Re: 13 points will be enough

What are you a clairvoyant? At the moment we need 18 points to be sure,to be sure!

I hope12 points will be enough as I can't see us getting many more than that from our remaining fixtures. Derby being postponed today was very bad news for us as we were in the better place as a team. I can see Derby being back in form when we play the re-arranged fixture:

Burton (h)
    Sheff U (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Villa (a)
    Norwich (a)
    Forest (h)
    Hull (a)
    Reading (h)

and Derby (a) somewhere in that lot.

I think we're going to have to beat Reading on the final day to have any chance of autos if we're still in the hunt at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    What are you a clairvoyant? At the moment we need 18 points to be sure,to be sure!
    To be sure, to be sure? Ive never heard that one before. Is it a valley thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I hope12 points will be enough as I can't see us getting many more than that from our remaining fixtures. Derby being postponed today was very bad news for us as we were in the better place as a team. I can see Derby being back in form when we play the re-arranged fixture:

Burton (h)
    Sheff U (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Villa (a)
    Norwich (a)
    Forest (h)
    Hull (a)
    Reading (h)

and Derby (a) somewhere in that lot.

I think we're going to have to beat Reading on the final day to have any chance of autos if we're still in the hunt at that stage.

Gosh you're pessimistic..

Burton (h) 3
    Sheff U (a) 1
    Wolves (h) 1
    Villa (a) 0
    Norwich (a) 1
    Forest (h) 3
    Hull (a) 3
    Reading (h) 3

and Derby (a) 1

Those are very conservative predictions giving the form we've shown and still gives us 16 points. We're going up FFS, I'd put my house on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Gosh you're pessimistic..

Burton (h) 3
    Sheff U (a) 1
    Wolves (h) 1
    Villa (a) 0
    Norwich (a) 1
    Forest (h) 3
    Hull (a) 3
    Reading (h) 3

and Derby (a) 1

Those are very conservative predictions giving the form we've shown and still gives us 16 points. We're going up FFS, I'd put my house on it.
    Yep I admit to being scarred over the years, but statistics mean nothing over only a few games - ask Villa! I think you're being over-optimistic if you think we're only going to lose one more game to the end of the season. My predictions for the games vs yours are:

Burton (h) 3 (3)
    Sheff U (a) 1 (0)
    Wolves (h) 1 (0)
    Villa (a) 0 (1)
    Norwich (a) 1 (1)
    Forest (h) 3 (3)
    Hull (a) 3 (1)
    Reading (h) 3 (3)

and Derby (a) 1 (0)

That would see us on 88 points. I think we'd have beaten Derby if we'd played them today and that the missing 3 points will be the difference between autos and play-offs.

That said, I watch football for the thrills and the chase so I can't really complain about at least 2 more fixtures in the play-offs if we don't quite make autos

We very comfortably had the beating of Sheff Utd earlier in the season, I can't see us losing to those. Forest, Hull, Norwich and Reading are awful this season and they've nothing to play for unless Reading slip further towards the relegation places. Wolves gave us a good game at theirs but we still overcame them and we slaughtered Villa, who don't seem to be able to handle any pressure, so I'd really give us a win against them also giving us 19 points.

I've never been so confident in our teams chances.!! Although if it does pan out more towards your predictions.. well, I'm up for a bit of excitement/trepidation and would still put a large amount on us going up if it went down to the Reading match, it's more than in our own hands, it would take an xmas style dip in form for us not to go up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    We very comfortably had the beating of Sheff Utd earlier in the season, I can't see us losing to those. Forest, Hull, Norwich and Reading are awful this season and they've nothing to play for unless Reading slip further towards the relegation places. Wolves gave us a good game at theirs but we still overcame them and we slaughtered Villa, who don't seem to be able to handle any pressure, so I'd really give us a win against them also giving us 19 points.

I've never been so confident in our teams chances.!! Although if it does pan out more towards your predictions.. well, I'm up for a bit of excitement/trepidation and would still put a large amount on us going up if it went down to the Reading match, it's more than in our own hands, it would take an xmas style dip in form for us not to go up now.
    Can't disagree with the analysis of the games we've had so far but the end of any season throws up weird results. I thought Sheff Utd were excellent against us here and they're still in with a shout of the play-offs so won't be a pushover by any means. Hull are on a great recent run and if they've managed to find a system that suits them have some excellent players who can cause anyone problems.

I agree we should have to much for Forest and Reading but the rest of the matches really are a lottery and players are playing for contracts for next season. Teams who are 'safe' often play with more freedom - which can go either way. I hope you are closer to the truth than I am

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Burton (h)
    Sheff U (a)
    Wolves (h)
    Villa (a)
    Norwich (a)
    Forest (h)
    Hull (a)
    Reading (h)

and Derby (a) somewhere in that lot.g

Some tough fixtures, but there are also pressures on the teams we’re playing in there who also need results to potentially secure titles, autos, play-offs etc. One game at a time and all that.

I think a lot of fans are being too negative on our points total.
    We have 9 games to obtain 12/13 points. We can afford to lose 4 games. Can anyone see Aston Villa and Fulham obtaining 20 points out of a possible 24 points? They will be under under huge pressure.
    3 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats should see us across the line.
    A draw at Villa would be fantastic..