Thread: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

Very disappointing

Re: Game off.....no question mark

Shame on Derby.

Gutted. Best time to play them

Maybe not..they may be out of the playoffs when we play them.

Having a game in hand and a 7 point lead suits us

Is there any reason why the match can't be postponed for a few hours, rather than a few days/weeks?

It'll give everyone a chance to sort themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not really. It was a good time to play Derby. Injuries and confidence is low after a poor run of late.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not really. It was a good time to play Derby. Injuries and confidence is low after a poor run of late.
    You are assuming we would have won today. After the last two rounds of matches, you should have realised that taking things for granted is not a wise move when it come to the Championship

You are assuming we would have won today. After the last two rounds of matches, you should have realised that taking things for granted is not a wise move when it come to the Championship
    I’m not assuming anything I would gladly have taken a point today.

I assume the team are already up in Derby, great shame as it was a free hit after yestèrday’s results,now will be played midweek in between two other important games?

We’re now at home next game whilst Fulham, Villa and Wolves are all away. Great chance to tighten the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I assume the team are already up in Derby, great shame as it was a free hit after yestèrday’s results,now will be played midweek in between two other important games?
    Or we could already be promoted, depending on the replay date. A game in hand is a good psychological weapon to have at this stage of the season.

International

It's only a good psychological advantage if we are still winning, if we are in the middle of a slump when we play it then it could be a ball breaker
    Nothing is ever as big an advantage as points already on the board

Can't say I agree. This was a chance, with us in form and them badly out of form, for us to get a 10 point cushion from 3rd.

Now if our lead was cut to, say 4 points with a game in hand by the time the fixture is rearranged, a defeat would mean we'd all have squeaky arses.

Or we could already be promoted, depending on the replay date. A game in hand is a good psychological weapon to have at this stage of the season.
    This is the way I see it.

Disappointing for all travelling fans and people at home looking forward to the game live on tv and a 'free hit', but our rivals will be thinking they have blown it (only have to look at the villa forum) and a couple of weeks for it to sink into their psychy.
    Yes, we could have gone 10 points clear but if we had lost, it is as you were before yesterday's games and Villa will have thought they are still in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Can't say I agree. This was a chance, with us in form and them badly out of form, for us to get a 10 point cushion from 3rd.

Now if our lead was cut to, say 4 points with a game in hand by the time the fixture is rearranged, a defeat would mean we'd all have squeaky arses.
    What if we lost today and half our players got inured due to the weather conditions? Let the other teams sweat on it. Time to put our feet up and have a rest .. the players too.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's only a good psychological advantage if we are still winning, if we are in the middle of a slump when we play it then it could be a ball breaker
    Nothing is ever as big an advantage as points already on the board
    Exactly. Cardiff needed this game to go ahead because the incentive was a 10 point advantage with 24 left to play for. Virtually unassailable. All too often we have seen games in hand turn into nothing although, let's be fair, Cardiff City (hopefully not too many among you are happy to suggest dropping the name) cannot lose a 7 point advantage with the form and stage of the season they are at.

Totally agree, not to mention the game will now have to be sandwiched between 2 other games so we will be at a disadvantage regarding recovery time in the 3rd game of that week.

On the bright side we should have Ralls and Gunnars fit for the rearranged fixture

So we just had to turn up and claim the points .. dangerous thinking Eric, we could have done a Villa!

So we just had to turn up and claim the points .. dangerous thinking Eric, we could have done a Villa!
    What Eric has highlighted is just how a postponement can affect the table. I think that, what may work in Cardiff's favour is that they play before everyone else on Easter weekend. They also have an extra day to recover before Bramall Lane.

That Burton game is a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    What Eric has highlighted is just how a postponement can affect the table. I think that, what may work in Cardiff's favour is that they play before everyone else on Easter weekend. They also have an extra day to recover before Bramall Lane.

That Burton game is a formality.
    Having a game in hand hasn't hurt us thus far, it's the unknown that causes doubt, so keep 'em guessing.

Having a game in hand hasn't hurt us thus far, it's the unknown that causes doubt, so keep 'em guessing.
    In effect, because the next game is Friday, the club don't have a game in hand just yet.

Re: DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

Not good news at all. Weve got a tough run in. They were minus a few players today as well.
    I would have taken a point after yesterdays results but think we would have got the 3.