+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Even the Derby fans think it's an absolute stitch-up" "SCANDALOUS" says Colin...

Re: "Even the Derby fans think it's an absolute stitch-up" "SCANDALOUS" says Colin...

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Official statement from EFL: "The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture between @dcfcofficial and @CardiffCityFC was made first thing this morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).
    "It was taken in the interests of spectator safety following heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium.
    "Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached."

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/975380525518151680
    "Heavy overnight snow."

There was nothing outside the ground or on the pitch either in the photos taken by fans or in Sky's interview with Warnock respectively.

StT.
    <><

Re: "Even the Derby fans think it's an absolute stitch-up" "SCANDALOUS" says Colin...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    As far as I am aware I thought the original excuse was to do with staffing (though their megastore was open) then very shortly afterwards they changed it to safety concerns. Methinks they are changing their story on the hoof. If I were a Derby Co official I'd be extremely concerned how:

- the issue is getting away from their control and
    - the penalty they must be now getting from the EFL.

There is a mountain of photographic evidence to castigate this ludicrous (if not divisive) postponement.

StT.
    <><
    It stinks Steve and I hope the club do make a formal complaint as it seems the EFL want more evidence to proceed. Lots of excuses needed now to tidy up a stinking mess at Derby County.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Further statement from ELF: "An announcement was made at 8.30am and the EFL is satisfied from the information shared that these were the reasons the match was postponed & will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to proivde any additonal information they feel is relevant, before responding further."

Sounds like they're going to whitewash this, the bastards.
    Strange. Warnock was told at 8:15 am in a phone call.

StT.
    <><

International

728 guests on this forum at the moment.

i wonder why?

Even if the EFL do find in our favour what will/can they do to stop this happening again?

1. Award us a 2-0 win. never going to happen!!
    2. Make them play the team from today. too early for team sheets to be handed in so their entire squad passes a late fitness test!!
    3. Deduct them 3 points. helps everyone below us
    4. Hide in the snow drift that Derby tweeted. MOST LIKELY OUTCOME.

EFL you integrity is in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    728 guests on this forum at the moment.

i wonder why?
    Number One Cardiff City Forum thats why

We've clearly been stitched up as a club and fans, but there are enough grey areas to mean nothing can be done about it.

It's a shame but these things happen and every club in Derby's situation, including us, would probably have done the same thing. It's competitive sport and you take every advantage you can.

Nothing was guaranteed anyway so we just have to get on with it and see where we end up.

I think Neil's made his point. Time now to get the team home and try and give some tired limbs a rest. I just hope we haven't lost any momentum after the break. As a few people have pointed out our players will have had a few more days to recover than everyone else so hopefully this helps us in the final run-in.

In the end we come and watch the football for the drama and excitement. This has certainly added some spice to the end of season and might just give the lads that tiny little extra incentive they need to get us over the promotion line.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    This has certainly added some spice to the end of season and might just give the lads that tiny little extra incentive they need to get us over the promotion line.
    Might give the players that extra drive to beat Derby when we do play them not that they should need it, but looking for a positive here

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    "Heavy overnight snow."

There was nothing outside the ground or on the pitch either in the photos taken by fans or in Sky's interview with Warnock respectively.

StT.
    <><
    I've seen worse dandruff!
    Time for someone to start photoshopping. Anyone up to adding a polar bear to DCFCs "heavy snowfall" pic?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I've seen worse dandruff!
    Time for someone to start photoshopping. Anyone up to adding a polar bear to DCFCs "heavy snowfall" pic?
    Yeah my snow topped daffs, in the garden are tougher than those Derby Rams ,Rams my arse, more like spring lambs nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Might give the players that extra drive to beat Derby when we do play them not that they should need it, but looking for a positive here
    A win at Derby would be massive for us I think. I hope you're right! I can certainly see that match having little or no quarter given if it's on the 24th as we'd only have 2 games remaining after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Time for someone to start photoshopping.
    pride.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Hahaha

Blog Entries

Still got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Still got it.
    😁 Like it.

Is that the unlucky away kit?

I fancy this is going to develop into a new rivalry, in a similar way as the one with Dirty Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Will the club make a formal complaint, should they? Boro.had a points deduction for similar.
    Boro failed to turn up to a PL game after 23 of their squad had the flu and they didn't inform anyone.

Derby (wrongly) have postponed a game and taken advantage of "bad weather" with back up from the police. As much as it stinks nothing can or will come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I fancy this is going to develop into a new rivalry, in a similar way as the one with Dirty Leeds.
    ****ing hope not!

They won't be in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They do have Under soil heating, but Michael's right, the ref would have the final say on whether the match went ahead surely?
    The ref has the final call on the game regarding the safety & ability for the game to progress (frozen, waterlogged, fog, etc), but the Safety Advisory Group (which should include the club safety & security chiefs, police & council safety people) have the say on the safety of persons traveling / attending the area.

Some Derby fans are moaning that we did the same thing to them for an early kickoff a few years ago. I remember being in my mates car on the way to the ground and we heard on the radio that it was called off...along with almost every other bastard fixture that was supposed to be played in the whole bloody U.K

Apart from a rugby match and some women's matches, what else was called off yesterday? Some great pics btw, keep 'em coming.