+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Positives and Negatives from today's postponement.....

Positives and Negatives from today's postponement.....

Positives - We go into the international break still on an unbeaten run, still very much the form team.

We will have some more players back from injury after the break which will be a good thing for the last 8 or 9 games.

Our next game is now a winnable home game with Burton. Fulham go to Norwich on the same day, Villa go away to Hull a day later. Effectively, we may increase our lead over both teams and have a game in hand.

Negatives - The only one really is that Derby will have players back ( but so will we ), when we eventually play them. I think we would have won today though, which would have given us a 10pt lead going into the break.

Re: Positives and Negatives from today's postponement.....

Also, we'll have to play 6 games in 18 days. Amongst that we have wolves home and Villa away.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I think we should be allowed to choose the date we play Derby.
    NW had already stated that if the league tries to make us play "On the earliest possible date" the club will fight it, as we should not be punished for derby's problems

We will hopefully get a few players back to fitness, we have the 7 point gap still without playing this round.

Burton game is vital, after along break it would be fantastic to win that and go 10 clear, even just for a matter of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We will hopefully get a few players back to fitness, we have the 7 point gap still without playing this round.

Burton game is vital, after along break it would be fantastic to win that and go 10 clear, even just for a matter of hours.
    This for sure. Let’s hope the break doesn’t affect us adversely. Fulham and villa have quite tough games in comparison. derby could be out of the playoffs by the time we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Also, we'll have to play 6 games in 18 days. Amongst that we have wolves home and Villa away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Luckily the players will be rested, and they avoided playing on a hard surface today. Swings and roundabouts

We possibly gained from the Brentford postponement
    Despite our winning run we had lost a bit of steam against Brum and Barnsley - if the Brentford game had happened as planned and we played like that we might have lost
    We looked really strong for the rematch
    The break should recharge all for the final push
    It would have been worse if villa and Fulham had won

Also a lot of fans had travelled up and stayed there especially to watch the game

I can't see any positives from the postponement.

Ralls & Gunn back is a positive..and Pelts

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    NW had already stated that if the league tries to make us play "On the earliest possible date" the club will fight it, as we should not be punished for derby's problems
    I think there’s enough evidence around social media - along with the conflicting messages coming from the Derby club shop/stadium bar and the police - that Cardiff have sufficient grounds to formally complain to the EFL. I think Warnock will speak to Rowett before that happens and I’m hopeful they’ll agree a replay date that suits both teams.

It’s such a stitch-up though and I wonder if Bristol/Millwall/Boro/Preston/Sheff Utd will have something to say about this.