+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

  1. #1

    DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    With the greatest goodwill I can muster up for Derby County FC and the their stadium complex being uprooted and being plonked down in Siberia or was it Antarctica even a one-eyed ostrich would be able to see what is going on here. Enough photos from outside the ground and Sky's interview with Neil Warnock inside it clearly show the situation and you do not need to be an Hercule Poirot on this one.

    Derby Co need to be punished and punished severely. There have been precedents over the unilatetal calling of game (Middlesbrough). In these days of huge transfer fees, even in the Championship, gone are the days of a slapped wrist and a suspended £5,000 fine. This sort of thing will only be stopped by a punishment that is commensurate with the influx of money into the game.

    So what is the punishment? Not for one moment do I think the EFL will oblige but the severity of this shoddy postponement will only be shown by:

    * a fine of £500,000
    * a 9 pts deduction
    * Huddeleston's suspension still to be effective in the rearranged game
    * reimbursement of all transport and ticket costs of City fans.

    It would seem that either Tuesday April 17th or 24th will be the day of the rearranged game.

    StT.
    <><

  2. #2

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    With the greatest goodwill I can muster up for Derby County FC and the their stadium complex being uprooted and being plonked down in Siberia or was it Antarctica even a one-eyed ostrich would be able to see what is going on here. Enough photos from outside the ground and Sky's interview with Neil Warnock inside it clearly show the situation and you do not need to be an Hercule Poirot on this one.

    Derby Co need to be punished and punished severely. There have been precedents over the unilatetal calling of game (Middlesbrough). In these days of huge transfer fees, even in the Championship, gone are the days of a slapped wrist and a suspended £5,000 fine. This sort of thing will only be stopped by a punishment that is commensurate with the influx of money into the game.

    So what is the punishment? Not for one moment do I think the EFL will oblige but the severity of this shoddy postponement will only be shown by:

    * a fine of £500,000
    * a 9 pts deduction
    * Huddeleston's suspension still to be effective in the rearranged game
    * reimbursement of all transport and ticket costs of City fans.

    It would seem that either Tuesday April 17th or 24th will be the day of the rearranged game.

    StT.
    <><
    Could be all over by those dates and they need a point/win for the play offs , and we beat /draw with them ,result

  3. #3

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    With the greatest goodwill I can muster up for Derby County FC and the their stadium complex being uprooted and being plonked down in Siberia or was it Antarctica even a one-eyed ostrich would be able to see what is going on here. Enough photos from outside the ground and Sky's interview with Neil Warnock inside it clearly show the situation and you do not need to be an Hercule Poirot on this one.

    Derby Co need to be punished and punished severely. There have been precedents over the unilatetal calling of game (Middlesbrough). In these days of huge transfer fees, even in the Championship, gone are the days of a slapped wrist and a suspended £5,000 fine. This sort of thing will only be stopped by a punishment that is commensurate with the influx of money into the game.

    So what is the punishment? Not for one moment do I think the EFL will oblige but the severity of this shoddy postponement will only be shown by:

    * a fine of £500,000
    * a 9 pts deduction
    * Huddeleston's suspension still to be effective in the rearranged game
    * reimbursement of all transport and ticket costs of City fans.

    It would seem that either Tuesday April 17th or 24th will be the day of the rearranged game.

    StT.
    <><
    A 0-3 forfeiture has (I think) been previously imposed on teams for effectively cheating

    Thatíd do
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 18-03-18 at 12:43. Reason: Fat fingers

  4. #4

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    My Precious

  5. #5

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    My Precious
    Not quick enough bud 🤣

  6. #6

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    I think you`ll find I was. don`t work for derby megastore do you ?

  7. #7

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Excluding Wolves who l will assume are promoted there are nine teams fighting for four play off places or one automatic place who can all feel cheated by this postponement don’t think Derby have heard the end of this by a long chalk

  8. #8

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Excluding Wolves who l will assume are promoted there are nine teams fighting for four play off places or one automatic place who can all feel cheated by this postponement donít think Derby have heard the end of this by a long chalk

    Good Call!!!!

    Even Millwall in 10th place and just 4 points behind them may feel aggrieved.

  9. #9

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    on the other hand , do we really want brizzle to benefit.

  10. #10

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Could be all over by those dates and they need a point/win for the play offs , and we beat /draw with them ,result
    Hopefully, but they must be censured so that this action can not benefit them.

    StT.
    <><

  11. #11

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    With the greatest goodwill I can muster up for Derby County FC and the their stadium complex being uprooted and being plonked down in Siberia or was it Antarctica even a one-eyed ostrich would be able to see what is going on here. Enough photos from outside the ground and Sky's interview with Neil Warnock inside it clearly show the situation and you do not need to be an Hercule Poirot on this one.

    Derby Co need to be punished and punished severely. There have been precedents over the unilatetal calling of game (Middlesbrough). In these days of huge transfer fees, even in the Championship, gone are the days of a slapped wrist and a suspended £5,000 fine. This sort of thing will only be stopped by a punishment that is commensurate with the influx of money into the game.

    So what is the punishment? Not for one moment do I think the EFL will oblige but the severity of this shoddy postponement will only be shown by:

    * a fine of £500,000
    * a 9 pts deduction
    * Huddeleston's suspension still to be effective in the rearranged game
    * reimbursement of all transport and ticket costs of City fans.

    It would seem that either Tuesday April 17th or 24th will be the day of the rearranged game.

    StT.
    <><
    More chance of me moving to Siberia than there is of any action being taken. EFL no teeth.

  12. #12

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    A 0-3 forfeiture has (I think) been previously imposed on teams for effectively cheating

    That’d do
    This is the only way to punish teams that pull this stunt

  13. #13

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This is the only way to punish teams that pull this stunt
    I concur with that.

  14. #14

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Big old carpet needed here

  15. #15

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Big old carpet needed here

  16. #16

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    This is the only way to punish teams that pull this stunt
    In a tournament situation something like this maybe but, whilst it would do us nicely, Aston Villa and Fulham might be slightly aggrieved citing "why should we be penalised?" which the EFL (note what the "E" represents) will no doubt uphold.

  17. #17

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Derby wonít be penalised, the decision was made in conjunction with the old bill

  18. #18

    Re: DERBY: POSSIBLE PUNISHMENTS AND REARRANGED DATES

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Derby won’t be penalised, the decision was made in conjunction with the old bill
    Says Derby yet the police say different

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •