+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful

Reasons to be cheerful

If you would have asked me truthfully at the beginning of this week what the table would have looked like at 7pm on Sunday evening then I probably would have said that we would have a 1 point lead over Villa at best with the same games played an maybe a 3-5 point lead over Fulham.
    As it is we have stolen the march with a game in hand, and next time out the roles are reversed with us having the most comfortable fixture and Villa and Fulham with tricky away games.
    If it does go to plan for us against Burton and either of them slip up then it's prettty much game over for whoever drops points.

The only thing that worries me is how confident I am at the moment.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful

I like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If you would have asked me truthfully at the beginning of this week what the table would have looked like at 7pm on Sunday evening then I probably would have said that we would have a 1 point lead over Villa at best with the same games played an maybe a 3-5 point lead over Fulham.
    As it is we have stolen the march with a game in hand, and next time out the roles are reversed with us having the most comfortable fixture and Villa and Fulham with tricky away games.
    If it does go to plan for us against Burton and either of them slip up then it's prettty much game over for whoever drops points.

The only thing that worries me is how confident I am at the moment.
    I was trying to say the same thing on another thread, this is far more eloquently put. The comfortable feeling is a bit un nerving I find.

This week has felt like a season-defining one. Even more so had we picked up three points today

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This week has felt like a season-defining one. Even more so had we picked up three points today
    I think your last sentence belongs in another thread

I think we are now at the stage where supporters of other clubs will look at the table today and the huge majority of them will say it's Wolves and Cardiff for automatic promotion - I certainly would if it wasn't for the fact that one of them is my club!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think we are now at the stage where supporters of other clubs will look at the table today and the huge majority of them will say it's Wolves and Cardiff for automatic promotion - I certainly would if it wasn't for the fact that one of them is my club!

We have gained another win indirectly without even playing .... we now need 5 and probably will get promotion with another 12 points.

Villa and Fulham will drop another 6 each I’m positive of that.