+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One game at a time...

One game at a time...

I like the way a few on here are predicting future results and scenarios.
    No one would have predicted the last 2 Villa results.
    Burton are fighting for their Championship lives and we needed an 89th min goal at their place in August...they took a point off Brizzle recently.
    Remember Peterborough in our promotion year..and Charlton away in our Cock Up season..they were relegated when we went there on a Tuesday night and we scraped a 2.2 draw costing us a play off place.
    Never count those chickens.
    Saying that if we are going to beat Burton can we boost our GD while we're at it?

Re: One game at a time...

I'll take a 93rd minute goal where the ball bounces around the box for 39 seconds and goes in off their defenders arse.

Me too..but it is time for a thumping win and this looks the most likely fixture..not counting those chickens though

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'll take a 93rd minute goal where the ball bounces around the box for 39 seconds and goes in off their defenders arse.
    I said exactly these words about a game against Plymouth in the 90's, and it actually happened.

I missed the game, as was on my way ao Anfield, to watch Wales v Italy (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I like the way a few on here are predicting future results and scenarios.
    No one would have predicted the last 2 Villa results.
    Burton are fighting for their Championship lives and we needed an 89th min goal at their place in August...they took a point off Brizzle recently.
    Remember Peterborough in our promotion year..and Charlton away in our Cock Up season..they were relegated when we went there on a Tuesday night and we scraped a 2.2 draw costing us a play off place.
    Never count those chickens.
    Saying that if we are going to beat Burton can we boost our GD while we're at it?
    It’s interesting to speculate isn’t it though?

This board has had loads of football threads recently surely that’s good?

Hopefully the distraction of the Derby game postponement will be put behind us by then. We need to be 100% focused on each game, it is very easy to slip up in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s interesting to speculate isn’t it though?

This board has had loads of football threads recently surely that’s good?
    Definitely!..not a criticism at all.

The Aston Villa capitulation is a fine example of being overconfident. Some on here were saying we only had to turn up at Derby to claim all 3 points. This is very dangerous!

I'm happy with the extra rest the players will be getting, and don't forget we were unbeaten in 9 with 7 straight wins. Hopefully the game against Burton will feel like the start of a new sequence of games, and we will be ready to go again with fresh minds and fresh legs

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Aston Villa capitulation is a fine example of being overconfident. Some on here were saying we only had to turn up at Derby to claim all 3 points. This is very dangerous!

I'm happy with the extra rest the players will be getting, and don't forget we were unbeaten in 9 with 7 straight wins. Hopefully the game against Burton will feel like the start of a new sequence of games, and we will be ready to go again with fresh minds and fresh legs
    Doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the players and Warnock think. They're not getting ahead of themselves. We'd have won on Sunday, I have no doubt about that. The players would have been super confident and boosted by Villa and Fulham's results.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the players and Warnock think. They're not getting ahead of themselves. We'd have won on Sunday, I have no doubt about that. The players would have been super confident and boosted by Villa and Fulham's results.
    Oh well, no need to play any more games, we are already promoted. Villa were super confident too after their 4-1 demolition of Wolves. Now their message board is a great source of amusement and laughter

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I said exactly these words about a game against Plymouth in the 90's, and it actually happened.

I missed the game, as was on my way ao Anfield, to watch Wales v Italy (I think).
    fair play

I was one of the speculators, however I totally agree with you, one game at a time

Steve Bruce reckons Villa got to win 6 of their last 8:
    Capture.JPG