+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derbyshire Police distance themselves from decision

Derbyshire Police distance themselves from decision

If they have lied to EFL there must be action ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-14429251

Derbyshire Police

@DerbysPolice

For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.

Re: Derbyshire Police distance themselves from decision

I think DCFC could be in a spot of bother.

Matter of semantics I guess, but the EFL statement said the decision was taken 'in consultation ' with the police.
    I think the club has given itself a bit of wriggle room. The 'consultation ' could have taken place a fortnight ago for all we know.

The Safety Advisory Group consists of someone from:
    Local Council
    Ambulance
    Fire
    Police

Have you ever managed to get hold of someone from the Council at 6 am on a Sunday morning?.......No, I thought you hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Matter of semantics I guess, but the EFL statement said the decision was taken 'in consultation ' with the police.
    I think the club has given itself a bit of wriggle room. The 'consultation ' could have taken place a fortnight ago for all we know.
    Yes I agree. Something linked to the conditions prior to game against Fulham that went ahead. I.e, a police spokesperson stated "in the worse case scenario" etc and DCFC have pulled that one out of the hat. Mind saying that, just a few minutes ago SSN stated this: "EFL confirm Derbyshire police had ruled surrounding areas of Pride Park a safety risk due to snow"
    Spedger

I just get the feeling that DCFC have taken it upon themselves to postpone without going through the correct process first thing on a Sunday morning. If this is looked into properly then I’m sure it’ll all come out very soon. If the EFL have been lied to by the club, they been made to look rather foolish as a result.

Well with the EFL tweeting yesterday that the decision was made IN conjunction with Derbyshire police and now the Derbyshire police stating they took no part in the decision ,the EFL should immediately launch an enquiry.
    If this does not result in a points deduction for Derby I dont know what will

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Well with the EFL tweeting yesterday that the decision was made IN conjunction with Derbyshire police and now the Derbyshire police stating they took no part in the decision ,the EFL should immediately launch an enquiry.
    I'd rather they had a fine to be honest. I don't want to help out Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    One things for sure, if it were CCFC that had done this, the whole of the football media would be lining up to give us a kicking, demanding immediate action. Talksport would devote hours to it.

Presumably the EFL statement was based on what DCFC told them had taken place.

I could nt get hold of the police today on 101 for a bit of info ...that was the middle of the morning...lol

Nothing will happen. If there's snow around the club will always be given the benefit of the doubt by the league. Snow is rare and most times clubs hate to postpone matches so there's very rarely an upside.
    The most that could happen is DCFC are told to next time ensure the police are consulted.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    Nothing will happen. If there's snow around the club will always be given the benefit of the doubt by the league. Snow is rare and most times clubs hate to postpone matches so there's very rarely an upside.
    The most that could happen is DCFC are told to next time ensure the police are consulted.
    They had an injury crisis and are on the slide, whereas we're getting all our players fit and are on a roll. Derby's season is very quickly going down the tubes and there was no snow around the ground, while the retail park and Derby's own shop was open (until they realised how stupid this was). Derby have 100% played the system but whether anything happens is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    If they have lied to EFL there must be action ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-14429251

Derbyshire Police

@DerbysPolice

For clarity, Derby County Football Club took the decision to postpone the match due to the weather conditions and the health and safety of people travelling to the ground. The club made this decision independently. It was not made by Derbyshire Constabulary.
    To be honest, we have all seen the rules flouted to some degree. I have to say, though, that the Derby County pictures, reports from locals, and the backdrop of having a huge injury list makes this postponement extremely suspicious. At best (for Derby) it is health and safety gone mad, at worse (for football in general) we could start to see more of these types of blatant cancellations.

Perhaps, in future, postponements will only be allowed if
    1) The pitch is unplayable, as deemed by a locally qualified referee and/or the match referee.
    2) The surrounding areas are in a state that could pose risk to safety and/or life of people travelling to the game. This would have to be on Police grounds (as if they aren't overworked enough)
    3) Agreement should first be sought with the opposition, and then with the EFL.
    4) If the EFL finds that the game was postponed on spurious grounds, then the host club should be fined and deducted 3 points for failing to fulfill a fixture. Further, the cancelled game should be given as a 3-0 walkover to the opposition (providing they didn't agree with the postponement).

I’m not bothered what punishment they get, I wouldn’t really want them to be docked points, that’s not fair on thier fans who have done nothing wrong. I just think it’s a point of principle, a club can’t pull a fast one like this and be allowed to get away with it. It just plain wrong.

Derby County FC have just released a statement - one that drops the claim that the police were specifically involved in the decision. It now emphasises that the Safety Advisory Group - which should have a police rep on it - supported their decision.

'We fully complied with all the matchday operational regulations surrounding the postponement of the game.

'The decision was fully supported by the independent Safety Advisory Group, who are responsible for ensuring that the club complies with the terms and conditions of our Safety Certificate'.

It looks to me that they have backtracked to a more defensible position - but only after being caught out yesterday. No more frozen pitches or staff who couldn't get to work either....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Derby County FC have just released a statement - one that drops the claim that the police were specifically involved in the decision. It now emphasises that the Safety Advisory Group - which should have a police rep on it - supported their decision.

'We fully complied with all the matchday operational regulations surrounding the postponement of the game.

'The decision was fully supported by the independent Safety Advisory Group, who are responsible for ensuring that the club complies with the terms and conditions of our Safety Certificate'.

It looks to me that they have backtracked to a more defensible position - but only after being caught out yesterday. No more frozen pitches or staff who couldn't get to work either....
    I'd fully back the club if they challenge Derby and the EFL on this. They've continually changed their position and lied through their teeth. It stinks.

This is getting boring now. Roll on Burton and we can put all this outrage behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’m not bothered what punishment they get, I wouldn’t really want them to be docked points, that’s not fair on thier fans who have done nothing wrong. I just think it’s a point of principle, a club can’t pull a fast one like this and be allowed to get away with it. It just plain wrong.
    A lot of people went to a lot of expense to travel up there that weekend. OK, so games can be prone to cancellation for reasons ranging from weather to the death of Princess Diana. Whilst docking points won't see some of those who spent a few quid on a hotel that night get their money back, it would send a message that clubs need to think twice before cancelling a game. A process needs to be put in place that involves all parties, including the opposition.

I wonder if Sky (they were due to show the game) are a little peeved too?

The Safety Advisory Group consists of someone from:
    Local Council
    Ambulance
    Fire
    Police

Have you ever managed to get hold of someone from the Council at 6 am on a Sunday morning?.......No, I thought you hadn't.
    Yes, when I've had the direct mobile number for the on call Emergency Planning Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    A lot of people went to a lot of expense to travel up there that weekend. OK, so games can be prone to cancellation for reasons ranging from weather to the death of Princess Diana. Whilst docking points won't see some of those who spent a few quid on a hotel that night get their money back, it would send a message that clubs need to think twice before cancelling a game. A process needs to be put in place that involves all parties, including the opposition.

I wonder if Sky (they were due to show the game) are a little peeved too?
    Sky are still pushing the story, I don't think they're too happy about it

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Derby will get a ticking off for not following the correct procedures
    The rules which relate to calling off games will be reviewed
    We will get nothing..
    ken Choo is spot on with his claims for derby to pay fans for their tickets and travel costs
    And then with the apologies from derby about the misunderstanding and the mixed messages the ENglish Defense League will be able to brush it under the carpet as per usual

Fk em

C’mon City let’s do ‘em when the game is replayed no matter what position we’re in at the time 🖖

[QUOTE=light up the darkness;4856213]Derby will get a ticking off for not following the correct procedures
    The rules which relate to calling off games will be reviewed
    We will get nothing..
    ken Choo is spot on with his claims for derby to pay fans for their tickets and travel costs
    And then with the apologies from derby about the misunderstanding and the mixed messages the ENglish Defense League will be able to brush it under the carpet as per usual

Fk em

C’mon City let’s do ‘em when the game is replayed no matter what position we’re in at the time ��[/QUOTE

What has the English Defence League got to bush under the carpet?
    Spedger