+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for New York required

Re: Tips for New York required

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Cheers for that useful info. She lives east of Central Park.
    A great place to start. With all the construction going on in other parts of the city, I find the upper Upper East Side has a certain old-school charm to it. Same with the UWS. There are blocks and blocks of unspoiled streets. The Lower East Side has been practically torn apart with new construction of ugly, modern "luxury apartment buildings".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A great place to start. With all the construction going on in other parts of the city, I find the upper Upper East Side has a certain old-school charm to it. Same with the UWS. There are blocks and blocks of unspoiled streets. The Lower East Side has been practically torn apart with new construction of ugly, modern "luxury apartment buildings".

NYC. We are staying at The New Yorker for a week at the start of August and then heading to Miami for a week. That 7 day Metrocard looks like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    NYC. We are staying at The New Yorker for a week at the start of August and then heading to Miami for a week. That 7 day Metrocard looks like a good idea.
    this place ?? ?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_..._New_York.html

Wyndham New yorker ? ? ?

when you staying in Aug mate ? ? ?

Within Manhattan, and for a tourist, Subway every time. It really does depend on the trip, but in a car you never know what you're going to run into. With construction, congestion etc it an take an hour to go a couple of miles.
    cheers

International

[QUOTE=blue matt;4856131]sounds good

we are going in Aug and adding to the list now and then

found a 100% Veggie Chinese place [/QUOTE
    Isn't 'veggie chinese' an oxymoron??

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    sounds good

we are going in Aug and adding to the list now and then

found a 100% Veggie Chinese place
    Isn't 'veggie chinese' an oxymoron??
    I'd be more worried about an edible table cloth, imagine all the gob that gets left behind on the table!

Cheers for that useful info. She lives east of Central Park.
    She? Why didn't you tell us you were popping over for a bit of nookie? Which apps/website do you use?

this place ?? ?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_..._New_York.html

Wyndham New yorker ? ? ?

when you staying in Aug mate ? ? ?
    The very same. It’s got ok reviews. Nothing special but we don’t intend to spend too much time there.
    We arrive on 1st August. Then onto Miami on the 8th. If I see any dodgy looking geezers wearing a Cardiff City top I’m keeping my head down.

The very same. It’s got ok reviews. Nothing special but we don’t intend to spend too much time there.
    We arrive on 1st August. Then onto Miami on the 8th. If I see any dodgy looking geezers wearing a Cardiff City top I’m keeping my head down.
    it looks decent enough, we were going with a marriott, but this place came up for a very good price and we snapped it up

The Tick Tock diner ( attached to the Newyorker ) looks ok

we leave the 8th aswell

it looks decent enough, we were going with a marriott, but this place came up for a very good price and we snapped it up

The Tick Tock diner ( attached to the Newyorker ) looks ok

we leave the 8th aswell
    Yep the diner is supposed to be excellent. Are you staying there too?

You won't catch me wearing a football top anywhere, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    She? Why didn't you tell us you were popping over for a bit of nookie? Which apps/website do you use?
    She's married and there's not of that malarkey involved

She's married and there's not of that malarkey involved
    A likely story TBG. Poor form old bean.

Yep the diner is supposed to be excellent. Are you staying there too?
    Indeed I am, arrive 2 days after you and leave on the 9th ( i thought it was the 8th, but just checked and its not ) then over 3 weeks in Disney

Indeed I am, arrive 2 days after you and leave on the 9th ( i thought it was the 8th, but just checked and its not ) then over 3 weeks in Disney
    Lol. Can’t wait to go. The bedrooms look small in the New Yorker but it’s in a great location. If I hear a Welsh accent in the hotel reception expect to be given a hard time young man especially if Cardiff go up and we go down. I’ve checked the events at Madison Square Gardens and there isn’t that much on. Tempted by the basketball but it’s at 11am in the morning.

Lol. Can’t wait to go. The bedrooms look small in the New Yorker but it’s in a great location. If I hear a Welsh accent in the hotel reception expect to be given a hard time young man especially if Cardiff go up and we go down. I’ve checked the events at Madison Square Gardens and there isn’t that much on. Tempted by the basketball but it’s at 11am in the morning.
    I have only a slight Welsh accent now been down in Bath ( or just outside ) for 18 years now

I always say about room size, its not that important, you only sleep in it lets be honest, get up, shower, get out, you dont fly around the world and want to sit in your hotel room

as for MSG,
    Rod Stewart W/ Special Guest Cyndi Lauper, Tuesday the 7th, tickets are only $90 each in the cheap seats

He might sing " we are sailing " LOL

I have only a slight Welsh accent now been down in Bath ( or just outside ) for 18 years now

I always say about room size, its not that important, you only sleep in it lets be honest, get up, shower, get out, you dont fly around the world and want to sit in your hotel room

as for MSG,
    Rod Stewart W/ Special Guest Cyndi Lauper, Tuesday the 7th, tickets are only $90 each in the cheap seats

He might sing " we are sailing " LOL

Trust me. Taking two stroppy teenage lads to see Rod Stewart would not go down well. Fully agree about the bedroom. We want to be flat out in New York and then chill at our hotel on the South Beach in Miami. So as Mrs Blue Matt says, “size doesn’t matter”.
    Apparently Times Square is the place to buy tickets for a Broadway show.

Trust me. Taking two stroppy teenage lads to see Rod Stewart would not go down well. Fully agree about the bedroom. We want to be flat out in New York and then chill at our hotel on the South Beach in Miami. So as Mrs Blue Matt says, “size doesn’t matter”.
    Apparently Times Square is the place to buy tickets for a Broadway show.
    we have tickets to see Aladdin, dont ask the price of them, i am still crying about it

Oh and we are debating driving down to Miami for a few days as a break from disney, still chatting about it though

Oh and we are debating driving down to Miami for a few days as a break from disney, still chatting about it though
    Pop over to the Mondrian hotel pool party on the Sunday in Miami. That’s where we are staying.
    Come on. How much did you pay for your Aladdin tickets?

Hey NYCBlue,

I have been offered accommodation in New Rochelle, New York. I checked the train to Penn Station but its like 40usd return (can't be right shirley?), not worth doing that for 4 people every time we want to travel into town.

Is there an easier/cheaper option from there to get in and out?

We'll go for 2 weeks and pop in and out maybe 5 to 7 times

Cheers mate

Pop over to the Mondrian hotel pool party on the Sunday in Miami. That’s where we are staying.
    Come on. How much did you pay for your Aladdin tickets?
    Just under $1000 for the 4 of us, which i thought was alot, we had them for Charlie and the chocolate factory, all booked, front row of the Mezzanine, $140 each, then about 2 months after i had booked them they decided to take the show on tour, so cancelled all the shows

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Hey NYCBlue,

I have been offered accommodation in New Rochelle, New York. I checked the train to Penn Station but its like 40usd return (can't be right shirley?), not worth doing that for 4 people every time we want to travel into town.

Is there an easier/cheaper option from there to get in and out?

We'll go for 2 weeks and pop in and out maybe 5 to 7 times

Cheers mate
    You could take a bus for much less. But it will take over an hour.

You could take a bus for much less. But it will take over an hour.
    So that price for the train i found is right, extortion!

When you can mate, got a link to the bus website?

need to make my mind up in the next days. If i go i'll come back to you for tips

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    So that price for the train i found is right, extortion!

When you can mate, got a link to the bus website?

need to make my mind up in the next days. If i go i'll come back to you for tips
    I should imagine it would be much cheaper than that to travel off peak.

This is for Metro North (rail)

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/schedules/sched_form.cfm