...after this quote in today's Daliy Mirror:

"The decision WAS FULLY SUPPORTED BY the independent Safety Advisory Group, who are responsible for ensuring that the club complies with the terms and conditions of our Safety Certificate." said the club's chief public relations officer Paul Tyrrell in a statement issued on Monday.

"Fully supported by" does indicate the SAG took part in any inspection. I've had occasion to work alongside the Cardiff SAG which comprises Police, Ambulance, Fire Service and the Local Authority. These groups are (perhaps quite rightly in today's politically correct world) notoriously cautious and if a quick call was made to them from the club, I'd imagine would "fully support" the decision which ultimately absolves them of any responsibility should someone, for example, slip on ice en route to the stadium.

From all that we know thus far, it seems DCFC took this decision alone because it suited their interests. The fact that the Mirror and other national media outlets are following the story on a slow Monday suggests to me this goes as far as CCFC are prepared to take it.