+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here' s another

Here' s another

https://twitter.com/katie_racklyeft/...63290825191424

The Derby County lie just keeps unraveling

Re: Here' s another

No one cares anymore, let’s just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy View Post
    I’m sure people would if it made a difference to whether we went up or not.

It also makes a difference to those who travelled up with a decision seemingly made on a footballing decision

EFL have already stated they’re not looking any further into it. Let’s just remain focused and dish out our revenge through the score line when the fixture is rescheduled.

EFL have already stated they’re not looking any further into it. Let’s just remain focused and dish out our revenge through the score line when the fixture is rescheduled.
    They have changed their minds and are asking for information from both clubs.

I don't want Derby docked points or fined. It doesn't help us. There's not a chance in hell we will be awarded it.

However I'd like to see all fans refunded and coach companies etc.. and our club compensated

3,000 fans! Minimum 50 quid each.

Send the club £150k for the supporters and maybe things will be accepted, if not forgotten,

Minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    They have changed their minds and are asking for information from both clubs.

I don't want Derby docked points or fined. It doesn't help us. There's not a chance in hell we will be awarded it.

However I'd like to see all fans refunded and coach companies etc.. and our club compensated
    I think the onus is on Derby to now recompense fans.

We need to keep pushing to ensure the fans get compensated

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We need to keep pushing to ensure the fans get compensated
    The thing is, football has a crap image for being a sport where the participants are out of touch with the real world. However, if Derby did suddenly compensate fans, would that be an admission of guilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    The thing is, football has a crap image for being a sport where the participants are out of touch with the real world. However, if Derby did suddenly compensate fans, would that be an admission of guilt?
    It would be seen as an admission of guilt or as them doing the right thing, depends how they and the press spin it

Me my wife and my daughter spent 2 nights in a hotel plus petrol food etc. So its not easy to just move on.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quite a few said yesterday to just move on, and at the time I more or less agreed.

However, more 'incriminating' evidence has apparently surfaced and Derby cannot be allowed to set a precedent.

The scenario exists that Derby would be favourites to win the rearranged fixture due to having a rejuvenated squad and massive home support, possibly stopping Cardiff gaining an automatic promotion spot and then failing to get through via the play-offs. This scenario will be a devastating blow given the value of playing in the PL.

Imagine Derby eventually playing Cardiff in the play-off final and winning it.

Had Cardiff played Derby yesterday they would have been favourites to win and move 10 points clear of Fulham & Villa - a virtually unassailable lead.

Ken Choo and Vince Alm will maintain the pressure on the EFL to make a just decision.

I hope that Derby are given a 10 point deduction so that they have virtually no chance of replacing any team who deserve their place in the play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Quite a few said yesterday to just move on, and at the time I more or less agreed.

However, more 'incriminating' evidence has apparently surfaced and Derby cannot be allowed to set a precedent.

The scenario exists that Derby would be favourites to win the rearranged fixture due to having a rejuvenated squad and massive home support, possibly stopping Cardiff gaining an automatic promotion spot and then failing to get through via the play-offs. This scenario will be a devastating blow given the value of playing in the PL.

Imagine Derby eventually playing Cardiff in the play-off final and winning it.

Had Cardiff played Derby yesterday they would have been favourites to win and move 10 points clear of Fulham & Villa - a virtually unassailable lead.

Ken Choo and Vince Alm will maintain the pressure on the EFL to make a just decision.

I hope that Derby are given a 10 point deduction so that they have virtually no chance of replacing any team who deserve their place in the play-offs.
    Ten point deduction? That is ridiculous. Also, why does what happen yesterday preclude Derby from taking part in the play offs? Worst things have happened in football, and this isn't the first time a game has been blatantly postponed and/or abandoned.

Personally, I think Derby should be docked 3 points for failing to fulfill a fixture, and I think Cardiff should be given a 3-0 walkover. I also think those who spent hard earned money to travel up should be recompensed.

Can I ask a question, did you travel up?

Quote Originally Posted by gronovic View Post
    Can I ask a question, did you travel up?
    No I didn’t travel.
    However, as a previous poster pointed out. Derby compensating people would be an admission of guilt, I can’t see them doing that at all. My point is I think we should move on and do the damage on the score line when the fixture is rearranged.

No I didn’t travel.
    However, as a previous poster pointed out. Derby compensating people would be an admission of guilt, I can’t see them doing that at all. My point is I think we should move on and do the damage on the score line when the fixture is rearranged.
    Well I did with many others, time booked off work, money to travel up all for nothing, don’t think this can just be forgotten and to move on, yes if it was genuine and like Brentford it was100% unplayable then I’d understand, but not from what I’ve seen up there, not looking for a argument but it’s a bit strong to say move on, think if you had traveled up there your opinion might be different 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Me my wife and my daughter spent 2 nights in a hotel plus petrol food etc. So its not easy to just move on.
    Two nights in Derby. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Why is it so important to some that we "move on"? This is a message board. Literally a place that is all talk and no action. Some can't stand that others still care to discuss/debate something that happened less than 48 hours ago? Something that's still a developing story?

Why?

No I didn’t travel.
    Why not do both?

I care. Cost me half a tank of petrol and 5 hours of my life I won't get back.

From the Derby forum

“I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch.

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either.

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'.

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance”.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why not do both?
    Touché

No I didn’t travel.
    Derby can't be allowed to set a precedent. They've cheated, they told us the SAG and the Police made the decision, and that staff couldn't get into work. All 3 of these bodies have distanced themselves from this statement. It stinks and they have to be punished. They've not followed correct procedure because if they did, the game would have been played.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Derby can't be allowed to set a precedent. They've cheated, they told us the SAG and the Police made the decision, and that staff couldn't get into work. All 3 of these bodies have distanced themselves from this statement. It stinks and they have to be punished. They've not followed correct procedure because if they did, the game would have been played.
    I doubt they're the first team to do this, probably won't be the last either.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I doubt they're the first team to do this, probably won't be the last either.
    Middlesbrough got punished for something similar