+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ex-French president Sarkozy held on Gadhafi claims

Ex-French president Sarkozy held on Gadhafi claims

PARIS (AP) — Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy was taken into custody Tuesday in connection with allegations that he received millions of euros in illegal campaign financing from the regime of the late Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi.

https://www.apnews.com/cf8d3fd0641941229d920a1d8455a227

Re: Ex-French president Sarkozy held on Gadhafi claims

Saudi Arabia, France, where next? The untouchables seem to be losing their touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Was that before or after the one of Blair having that kiss and handshake with Gadaffi ?

In fairness to Gadaffi, he didn't want to shake the hand of a war criminal but he had no choice. But Gadaffi is not exactly innocent either.
    At least he did warn Blair of the jihadist threat both in Syria and in Libya , which we then ignored.

(ps I do know though) that Blair did it because the day after it, BP signed a massive oil contract with Libya... unfortunatley that's the way the world works, until we can stop burning fossil fuels. Then they can eventually return to how they used to live.
    Just Imagine how well Blair would be received if he acted on Gadaffi' s tip off about the
    jihadist threat both in Syria and in Libya, he didnt ignore it he knew he wouldn't get the backing or finance to fix it and I'm sure the stop the war coaltion would also have a view, so he got that one right,ignore it ,albeit it cost us anyway in the long run .
    I'm never sure what folk really want force or peace fixing this stuff , as its not resolved by, jaw,jaw ,but war ,war.

After Iraq did anyone trust Blair on anything ?

The only reason Blair went to see Gadaffi was because they has said the were ready to do business with 'the west'. Gadaffi was probably scared it was a trap, maybe a cruise missile would land on the tent, instead even worse - he got a kiss on both cheeks from Tony. In return BP got a large contract, I dont know if the contract is still in place though or whether ISIS have put an end to it ?
    Blair shut down his foundations soon after sheriff Trump arrived on the scene.

After Iraq did anyone trust Blair on anything ?

The only reason Blair went to see Gadaffi was because they has said the were ready to do business with 'the west'. Gadaffi was probably scared it was a trap, maybe a cruise missile would land on the tent, instead even worse - he got a kiss on both cheeks from Tony. In return BP got a large contract, I dont know if the contract is still in place though or whether ISIS have put an end to it ?
    Tony was just securing jobs and wealth for us , an angel to the end ,never stopped caring , just imagine how many thousands of brits benefit from the BP contract , cheap oil in foreign lands ,etc , this goes all the way back to Aden and before, BP were huge global power, even had a private BP Beach club , BP have added a lot of prosperity to all of us , how they got it all is probably best no known strangely , no ones moans about that, its all Blair's fault anyway even before he was born .

Net income‎: ‎US$3.468 billion (2017) Operating income‎: ‎US$9.474 billion (2017)
    Revenue‎: ‎US$240.208 billion (2017) Number of employees‎: ‎74,500 (2017)