+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man sues for discrimination after woman is given job ahead of him, eventhough he was more qualified.

Man sues for discrimination after woman is given job ahead of him, eventhough he was more qualified.

Re: Man sues for discrimination after woman is given job ahead of him, eventhough he was more qualified.

I think it's appropriate that gender discrimination laws can work both ways, but this is a bit of a strange one, sounds like all the candidates would have been suitable, and the guy was a 0.25% more qualified.
    If there is no wriggle room on qualifications then why bother with interviews or anything.

I've interviewed people who seemed brilliantly qualified, but when you get them face to face can't answer the most basic of questions.

Re: Man sues for discrimination after woman is given job ahead of him, eventhough he was more qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Imagine if every women did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's appropriate that gender discrimination laws can work both ways, but this is a bit of a strange one, sounds like all the candidates would have been suitable, and the guy was a 0.25% more qualified.
    If there is no wriggle room on qualifications then why bother with interviews or anything.

I've interviewed people who seemed brilliantly qualified, but when you get them face to face can't answer the most basic of questions.
    This is where a final interview would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    There are too many variables in this situation eh.. not always about bloody women.

0.25% ffs.

There too busy in the kitchen though!

No it’s just your wife. She told me she’d rather be in the kitchen than be in the bedroom with you.

No it’s just your wife. She told me she’d rather be in the kitchen than be in the bedroom with you.
    Saucer of milk for Auntie !

If your level of qualifications was the only criteria for getting a job then he might have a point.
    Unfortunately it's not.

Low cut top > 0.25%

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If your level of qualifications was the only criteria for getting a job then he might have a point.
    Unfortunately it's not.
    I can only assume that they offered a terrible defence. If they had said the candidates were considered equal in ability but she was felt to be a better match, then it would have ended there, but it sounds like they've outright admitted that they chose her over him because she's female

Ouch