+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vince Alm is angry

Vince Alm is angry

" I'm angry the fact they allowed 2600 supporters to put there lives in danger "

Vince Alm:

Very quiet yesterday regarding the Derby postponement which in some way its a bit of a worry!

In my opinion there has been a clear cut breach of protocol in Derby postponing the fixture, and thats why I've been pushing hard for Justice to the fans, and the decision is Black and White yet nothing!

The police today did come out with some flaky statement that they were in dialogue with the club after denying in previous statements that Derby county FC acted solely in calling off the fixture.

However there is a major omission by Derby county FC which they cannot hide from, have not mentioned in any statement, and if they tried to shoe horn this omission in now it would be the final nail in their coffin but for one thing? That is the EFL would also be compromised after backing Derby decision rather hastily before checking the facts. They would have to admit they were wrong and Derby did not follow protocol for postponing the fixture. This may lead to them covering there tracks I hope not but it is a concern, and they are awfully quiet about it!

I brought the matter up with our club 2 days ago who obviously were also aware of the omission in the regulations, and have requested this evidence from the EFL. Nothing has been received yet which is strange considering we are 2 and half days on! It is all adding to my suspicions as this evidence should take about 2 seconds to provide, and if it was carried out, it should have formed part of the EFL statement released on Sunday when initially supporting Derby decision.

I'm not going to say what it is now although some of you may have an idea,I have not requested the evidence as attaining that evidence is the responsibility of Cardiff City FC from the EFL. I am going to wait for the EFL decision and keep it up my sleeve as this is beyond fishy now!!!

What I am really angry about is not the fact Derby might be playing a bit of oneupmanship! Not the fact that they have changed there statement, not the fact they used Health & safety as an excuse, Not the fact the authorities have come out in a bad light regarding the decision, not the fact the decision seemed preempted, not the fact there was no effort made to either delay the kick off time or an effort or desire to get the game on, none of that!

I'm angry the fact they allowed 2600 supporters to put there lives in danger, yes it's our decision to travel, but what you going to do if your football club has a top of table clash pushing for promotion to the Premier league? You are going to give it a go! They know that. people risked their lives travelling to Derby whether they admit it or not our police were in dialogue with their police at 5.30am and they knew we were on the road at that time. least they can do is apologise to us and admit they got it wrong! Because they have tried to cover up whatever they are trying to cover up.

We want Justice and compensation for ALL SUPPORTERS.

Did Vince really say " I'm angry the fact they allowed 2600 supporters to put there lives in danger " ??
    Doesn't sound like something that will help the cause?

Re: Vince Alm is angry

Doubt this outburst will help us but it probably will help derby

I believe that the use of the phrase, 'life in danger,' referred to the conditions in S Wales. Irrespective of those in S Wales, the conditions in Derby should never have been a factor in postponing the game as photos show.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    " I'm angry the fact they allowed 2600 supporters to put there lives in danger, yes it's our decision to travel, but what you going to do if your football club has a top of table clash pushing for promotion to the Premier league? You are going to give it a go! They know that. people risked their lives travelling to Derby whether they admit it or not our police were in dialogue with their police at 5.30am and they knew we were on the road at that time. least they can do is apologise to us and admit they got it wrong! Because they have tried to cover up whatever they are trying to cover up.

So they were right to postpone the game and ensured the safety of supporters then?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    So they were right to postpone the game and ensured the safety of supporters then?
    If they were postponing the game with a view of Cardiff fans not having to travel they would have been. However, that was not the case.

They made the decision after 99% Cardiff would have already been well into their journey. If they'd made the journey the night before; then it would perhaps be more relevant.

Nothing has changed. They called the game off because of the local area, under questionable protocol; despite the weather being considerably better than it was when they actively encouraged fans to attend a game a few weeks earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    If they were postponing the game with a view of Cardiff fans not having to travel they would have been. However, that was not the case.

They made the decision after 99% Cardiff would have already been well into their journey. If they'd made the journey the night before; then it would perhaps be more relevant.

Nothing has changed. They called the game off because of the local area, under questionable protocol; despite the weather being considerably better than it was when they actively encouraged fans to attend a game a few weeks earlier.
    My understanding is that they called the game off due to safety concerns of those travelling to the stadium - whether that be in Derby or elsewhere is immaterial, for the purpose of this thread. I had driven almost 100 miles before getting the message the game was off, so I'm well aware of the driving conditions that morning.

The point I'm making is, if the game was called off in order to ensure the safety of those travelling to the game, then comments such as "fans risked their lives" doesn't help the argument saying the game should have gone ahead. Derby can now use those comments to bolster their assertion that the safety of supporters was their prime reason for postponing the game.

I think the point is IF Derby were saying that conditions were that dangerous, then why did their concern only extend to Derby fans.
    So either a) the game should have been called off earlier, so both Cardiff and Derby fans didn't risk life and limb
    Or b)
    There was no real risk.

Vince is so angry that hes ended up contradicting himself to such a degree thats hes made it look like it was the correct decision to call it off

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think the point is IF Derby were saying that conditions were that dangerous, then why did their concern only extend to Derby fans.
    So either a) the game should have been called off earlier, so both Cardiff and Derby fans didn't risk life and limb
    Or b)
    There was no real risk.
    But then he throws in the justification that they "risked their lives" because it was a "top of the table clash for promotion to the Premier League". Its either safe, or it isnt, league standings shouldnt come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But then he throws in the justification that they "risked their lives" because it was a "top of the table clash for promotion to the Premier League". Its either safe, or it isnt, league standings shouldnt come into it.
    I suppose some of it comes down to where does the club's responsibility end and where does individual responsibility begin.
    If Cardiff was free from snow but the Rhondda had 8 inches could we cancel a game to protect those people?
    What if it was just one street?
    At some point it has to be down to the individual as to whether they feel like they can travel or not.
    In the stadium and around the ground outside then yes you would expect the club to have a duty of care there, but not miles away for a handful of fans in the countryside

Can i post this on the u ok hun facebook feed

I suppose some of it comes down to where does the club's responsibility end and where does individual responsibility begin.
    If Cardiff was free from snow but the Rhondda had 8 inches could we cancel a game to protect those people?
    At some point it has to be down to the individual as to whether they feel like they can travel or not.
    In the stadium and around the ground outside then yes you would expect the club to have a duty of care there, but not miles away for a handful of fans in the countryside
    Just applying common sense if the ground and surrounding roads are safe than thats all the club can be held responsible for.

Ive never heard of calling off games off because fans who lives several miles away cant get their cars off the drive, thats ludicrous. If they choose to dig themselves out and risk getting to the clearer main roads then thats their responsibility.

No different to getting to work I suppose. You either phone to say youre not coming, but if you do take the risk then you cant hold work responsible if you have a bump on the way. Or if you live less than 3 miles away like I do then you have to walk in.

A bit of heart rulingvrhe head but don’t be too harsh on Vincent, he’s one of our own and he s just kettingboff steam

Is kettingboff Franks brother?

I suppose that would depend on whether or not there was an Amber weather warning in place stating you should only make essential journeys.

Hi Ray, Vince put something up yesterday in reference to the game they played two weeks earlier against Fulham, where the Derbyshire Police were advising them to postpone the match due to the weather conditions, Derby FC ignored that advice as the game went ahead but as we know it backfired on them as they lost the game with relatively a full team. They weren't going to take that chance against us with their injuries and suspensions. We like yourself had driven to within 50 miles of Derby so couldn't believe it had been postponed. Don't think myself they will be punished although it will be a travesty if they don't.

Gutted there's an international break, I reckon we've got another 10 days of moaning here.

It was a pisser. They were corrupt, but we've all been to games that have been postponed on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Hi Ray, Vince put something up yesterday in reference to the game they played two weeks earlier against Fulham, where the Derbyshire Police were advising them to postpone the match due to the weather conditions, Derby FC ignored that advice as the game went ahead but as we know it backfired on them as they lost the game with relatively a full team. They weren't going to take that chance against us with their injuries and suspensions. We like yourself had driven to within 50 miles of Derby so couldn't believe it had been postponed. Don't think myself they will be punished although it will be a travesty if they don't.
    Yes mate, I'm aware of all that. I'm just making the point that VA should have chosen his words better, saying fans risked their lives only adds to Derby's ability to justify the postponement. To be fair, we made the conscious decision to drive, knowing what the conditions were and knowing there "may have been" a "slight risk" (Having said that, I didn't see any crashed vehicles on the motorway or the route we used). Most drivers on Sunday morning appeared to be driving in a sensible manner for the road conditions, and I'm sure we could have got there safely.

Yes mate, I'm aware of all that. I'm just making the point that VA should have chosen his words better, saying fans risked their lives only adds to Derby's ability to justify the postponement. To be fair, we made the conscious decision to drive, knowing what the conditions were and knowing there "may have been" a "slight risk" (Having said that, I didn't see any crashed vehicles on the motorway or the route we used). Most drivers on Sunday morning appeared to be driving in a sensible manner for the road conditions, and I'm sure we could have got there safely.
    Likewise, think what Vince meant is that if the decision goes their way our supporters should be somewhat compensated, as the reasons they are saying the game was off had no baring on us, as we found a way to get there without no reported incidents. Lets give Vince a break here as he is doing all he can for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Gutted there's an international break, I reckon we've got another 10 days of moaning here.

It was a pisser. They were corrupt, but we've all been to games that have been postponed on arrival.
    Totally agree. I said on Sunday, "Roll on Burton". Cant come quick enough.

Bill Shankly was right .. "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post

After 9 games unbeaten, 7 wins in a row, a stunning victory at Brentford, the break has come at exactly the right time. We need to dust ourselves down, and get ready to go again in the final 9.

I like Vince but comments like "risk their lives" and "no idea the game may be called off" don't help the argument.

There is an element of risk in getting out of bed in the morning. This is exacerbated by high speed motor travel. Regardless of weather. Vince has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bill Shankly was right .. "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
    I'm sure I heard that that was a misquote, and he basically said the opposite