+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ticket office update

Ticket office update

Finally got through today at the 7th attempt.

Had the same issue as yesterday .... queue until in position one .... then one ringing tone and kicked back to the start message again.

I really only persevered today because I was furious that this computerised queueing system just does not work properly.

Got my Villa ticket and the lady I spoke to was charming. I did not bore her with my complaint (it certainly is not her fault) but next week I will write to the Club and ask for action on this.

villa will probably sell out soon despite the Sky coverage.

Going to lie down now and try to calm down.

Re: Ticket office update

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Had the same issue as yesterday .... queue until in position one .... then one ringing tone and kicked back to the start message again.

I really only persevered today because I was furious that this computerised queueing system just does not work properly.

Got my Villa ticket and the lady I spoke to was charming. I did not bore her with my complaint (it certainly is not her fault) but next week I will write to the Club and ask for action on this.

The system most probably does work. However it is more than likely staff policy that they deal with the people at the ground first. If you went to the ground and had a huge queue because all the staff were on the phones then people would complain about that.

There is no point the ticket office having loads of staff when 80% of the time they are doing nothing.

Hope u rang the local Cardiff number and not the one on Google. My phone bill was just lovely on Friday.. after ringing 60 times for man city tickets in January.

Whats the 02920 number for ticket office

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Whats the 02920 number for ticket office

Also there is a problem in trying to book online, or it just me that's having problems?

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Also there is a problem in trying to book online, or it just me that's having problems?
    I have wasted so much time with the online system that I vowed years ago never ever to use it again.

I stand by that decision.

These telephone queuing issues only happen for the hot tickets. Villa being the latest example.
    Normally the phones are answered quickly by lovely efficient staff.
    They are a great team. But the IT behind the telephonic queuing is shambolic.

I have wasted so much time with the online system that I vowed years ago never ever to use it again.

These telephone queuing issues only happen for the hot tickets. Villa being the latest example.
    The IT just queues you, if no one answer it after that because 20 people are standing outside then no system will solve that.

As you say its only the hot tickets like yesterday when a load turned up down there, then its a problem.

The system is working it puts you in a queue when you are head of the queue it rings the office, if no one answers it starts again.

I have had, like yourself, trouble getting through in the past but I must be honest and say I got through quickly this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The IT just queues you, if no one answer it after that because 20 people are standing outside then no system will solve that.

As you say its only the hot tickets like yesterday when a load turned up down there, then its a problem.

The system is working it puts you in a queue when you are head of the queue it rings the office, if no one answers it starts again.
    I’m sorry but you are wrong.

It rings just once. If it is not going to be answered then surely you should simply stay at the head of the queue if you hold on until it is answered.

I’m sorry but you are wrong.

It rings just once. If it is not going to be answered then surely you should simply stay at the head of the queue if you hold on until it is answered.
    There must be a button on the TO phone that they press if they are swamped to re-queue the system.

As you say there is no problem on the phone if it is quiet down there.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The system most probably does work. However it is more than likely staff policy that they deal with the people at the ground first. If you went to the ground and had a huge queue because all the staff were on the phones then people would complain about that.

There is no point the ticket office having loads of staff when 80% of the time they are doing nothing.
    Except that is part of their job: to provide an efficient service based on demand. There are lots of simple ways to do this and even software to do it for you........

And the phone system doesn't work, which can be very frustrating. I use the online system whenever I can it is pretty good.

And when you DO get through the staff are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    I couldn't get a Villa ticket to start with having selected "all areas" (or something like that). Got it to work by selecting some specific area out of the possibilities on the drop down. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I couldn't get a Villa ticket to start with having selected "all areas" (or something like that). Got it to work by selecting some specific area out of the possibilities on the drop down. Hope this helps.
    Used the phone in the end Ian but thanks for your help.