+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition calling for Derby to be docked points!

Petition calling for Derby to be docked points!

This one keeps bubbling nicely with a Boro fan now gunning for Derby and calling for a points deduction and fine.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ocked-14439541

841 signatures so far.

Derby have done wrong and shouldn't get away with their actions - but I prefer to see fans of clubs in the play-off fight with Derby taking the lead when demanding punishment from the EFL.

It won't come to anything, but the pressure and bad publicity may keep other clubs honest in the future.

Re: Petition calling for Derby to be docked points!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    This one keeps bubbling nicely with a Boro fan now gunning for Derby and calling for a points deduction and fine.

841 signatures so far.

Derby have done wrong and shouldn't get away with their actions - but I prefer to see fans of clubs in the play-off fight with Derby taking the lead when demanding punishment from the EFL.

It won't come to anything, but the pressure and bad publicity may keep other clubs honest in the future.
    Signed sealed delivered 👍

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    FFS
    getting a bit silly now, leave it to the EFL to sort. If Derby get away with flexing the rules then so be it. would be a nice gesture to refund the travelling fans though.

841 signatures so far.

It does seem like they've called it off to suit their own needs rather than genuine safety concerns, and I completely understand fans being aggrieved at wasted time, effort and expense, but this is a step too far, the fans get punished as much as the people who made the decision.

Plus it adds Derby's perception of 'injustice' for the rearranged game which will give their fans and players an added incentive to win it. I agree to let it lie and concentrate on our next fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    getting a bit silly now, leave it to the EFL to sort. If Derby get away with flexing the rules then so be it. would be a nice gesture to refund the travelling fans though.
    Totally agree. The travelling fans have my sympathy, and hopefully they will be recommpenced but this is getting ridiculous now.

This is stupid now, the only saving grace that at least it isn't a Cardiff fan starting this.

This should now be left in the hands of the EFL.

1,074 signatures now.

I'm sure that if it gets to 1500 the European Court of Human Rights will have to consider it.

Take that, Derby!

Its all very well being cynical about a protest, petition etc but why shouldn't fans protest? We all know they pushed for a postponement.

There are many other things fans should protest about also.

Some prefer to roll over onto their backs waiting for there stomach to be scratched.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Its all very well being cynical about a protest, petition etc but why shouldn't fans protest? We all know they pushed for a postponement.

Some prefer to roll over onto their backs waiting for there stomach to be scratched.
    I heard you like to lie on your back and let the priest tickle you

We've allowed teams to charge extortionate amounts for tickets, allow stupid rendezvous points for tickets, ban our fans all together (Wolves), bubble trips here and there, but this is the one that we get the most angry about?

It's clubs like Middlesbrough, the wurzels, Preston and Sheffield United who are hardest hit by the postponement not a team who are chasing automatic promotion - I don't blame the Boro fan at all for starting a petition.

I've signed it anyway.

Lots of conflicting information flying about now, just to confuse matters. Everybody knows the truth, Derby called it off because they had a crap team available for the game.
    If only the EFL weren't faffing about and sorted it out straight away instead of issuing a statement on Sunday without investigating the facts, all this escalation probably wouldn't have happened. All we need now are petitions from all the other play-off contenders which if I am not wrong could just about happen.

841 signatures so far.

Was wondererin when the other clubs around them would kick off, affects them far more than us. They could perhaps get the 3 points now and pip say the wurzels to 6th place ( now would I mind for real😜😜). Imagine how jursetty carrot boy would feel eh?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's clubs like Middlesbrough, the wurzels, Preston and Sheffield United who are hardest hit by the postponement not a team who are chasing automatic promotion - I don't blame the Boro fan at all for starting a petition.

I've signed it anyway.
    Agreed. It’s easy for us to say let it go, these other clubs are the ones that really stand to be affected by Derby’s cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    2,172 I wonder if this will make any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    FFS
    Exactly.

No.

Bloody hell, they're getting snowed under with signatures now.

How many more do they need before this gets discussed by parliament?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How many more do they need before this gets discussed by parliament?
    Joking aside, if some football mad MP raises it with the minister for sport they will have to do something. questions to ministers are regarded as serious things, whatever the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post

How about we start a petition to ban sectarian chants a football games. Oh wait.......

There’s a link to the petition on the Nottingham Forest Forum - that should drum up some business for it !