+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fast track conveyancing

Fast track conveyancing

Anyone know if there is such a thing and if so, any recommendations? We'd obviously be prepared to pay the extra for the service.

It should be fairly quick anyway as we're buying with no chain, but even so, we all know how terrible this service is generally.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fast track conveyancing

Can't help you, but in my experience the delays don't occur with the solicitor, it's the bloody searches.
    When I moved from London to Wales, we had to wait ages for the "coal mine survey" to come back.
    We were moving to St Mellons, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Can't help you, but in my experience the delays don't occur with the solicitor, it's the bloody searches.
    When I moved from London to Wales, we had to wait ages for the "coal mine survey" to come back.
    You can't be too careful

It is shocking though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I've moved to Llanrumney from St Mellons and had the same.
    Thanks for charging me for it like!

just another robbing finger in the pie

Bump

you could offer the minimum wage clerk the solicitors employ to do this sort of work an extra 50p per/hr to work faster.Conveyancing,one of the biggest con jobs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Anyone know if there is such a thing and if so, any recommendations? We'd obviously be prepared to pay the extra for the service.

It should be fairly quick anyway as we're buying with no chain, but even so, we all know how terrible this service is generally.

Thanks in advance.
    There are online companies that just do house sale conveyancing but they are usually not qualified Solicitors, so you would not be covered by the Law Society compensation schemes if something goes wrong, so you have to be careful and use a company that someone you know recommends. Conveyancers actually tend to be cheaper than Solicitors for this type of work as they do not have the overheads but cheaper doesnt always mean better. I would use a local Solicitor who you can actually go and meet but haggle hard on fees in advance and get it in writing. Most will negotiate to some extent if they need the work. Dont use someone who does lots of other work like divorce or criminal, as they are more difficult to get hold of usually due to high workloads and more lucrative fees in those areas.