+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thinking of doing a comedy course in Bristol - Anyone done something similar?

Thinking of doing a comedy course in Bristol - Anyone done something similar?

Course is £250 for 6 weeks which entails attending for 6 Saturdays in a row learning how to start up as a stand up comedian. Started writing a few jokes but not sure if I really want to do the writing jokes bit or if I should just stick to the funny story telling I've encountered all through my life?
    Anybody ever done one of these courses?

Re: Thinking of doing a comedy course in Bristol - Anyone done something similar?

Wouldn't it be easier to start your own football message board? Then everybody would be forced to laugh at your jokes

Re: Thinking of doing a comedy course in Bristol - Anyone done something similar?

One joke I've written I got the inspiration from Eric's B side joke.
    It goes, I was up in Blackpool a few weeks ago and popped into a record shop. I bought a record that miraculously had 3 sides on it.
    It had an A Side.
    A - B Side
    And A Seaside.

A week later I was up in Flintshire so I popped into another record shop. Guess what?
    I bought another record, and this also had three sides on it.
    It had an A Side.
    It had a B Side.
    (No, it didn't have a Seaside)
    But it did have a Deeside.

What you reckon? Well on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    It goes, I was up in Blackpool a few weeks ago and popped into a record shop. I bought a record that miraculously had 3 sides on it.
    It had an A Side.
    A - B Side
    And A Seaside.

A week later I was up in Flintshire so I popped into another record shop. Guess what?
    It had an A Side.
    It had a B Side.
    But it had a Deeside.

How's the day job going?

It had an A Side.
    A - B Side
    And A Seaside.

It had an A Side.
    It had a B Side.

Taxi for uncle bob...

Do you think at least one of the first paramedics to arrive at Whitney Houstons bath tub upon looking at her said, "Houston, We have a problem"

Just bought another 3 sided record while up in Middlesbrough. Same again with the A and B sides. But also a Teesside

Just bought another 3 sided record while up in Middlesbrough. Same again with the A and B sides. But also a Teesside

PM Jursett. He goes to a comedy festival in Bristol every other weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bow down to you sir

Finally a genuinely funny football message board owner emerges in South Wales

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don't encourage him

When Uncle Bob said he wanted to be a comedian, everybody laughed at him.
    Well there not laughing now!!!

It had an A Side.
    A - B Side
    And A Seaside.

It had an A Side.
    It had a B Side.

I think I first posted that about 12 years ago. If that's your total output after all these years, I might suggest trying something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to start your own football message board? Then everybody would be forced to laugh at your jokes
    fair play, that made me laugh