+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of a career change. Looking for a trade..

Re: Thinking of a career change. Looking for a trade..

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Just had a look at this.
    Nice one WB ��
    I applied for BT at the beginning of the year.Filled in an application form,had to do a situation test,where you rank multiple choices in your order of importance in a given situation,and then a video interview.Ive realised this was more of a sifting process than anything.The next step is an assessment centre.Ive had 3 emails since saying that they have had 1000’s of applicants and are busy trying to match these with where engineers are needed in order to run an asssessment day in that area.I’ve no problem with this,but I think it might be a slow process.It is however a great way at my age,47,of retraining on decent money if I am successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I applied for BT at the beginning of the year.Filled in an application form,had to do a situation test,where you rank multiple choices in your order of importance in a given situation,and then a video interview.Ive realised this was more of a sifting process than anything.The next step is an assessment centre.Ive had 3 emails since saying that they have had 1000’s of applicants and are busy trying to match these with where engineers are needed in order to run an asssessment day in that area.I’ve no problem with this,but I think it might be a slow process.It is however a great way at my age,47,of retraining on decent money if I am successful.
    A few mates left the rails to do this job (thanks to OP for suggestion) I may look into it.

Bruce.. I've heard mixed things off the few lads I know, but that said the one who wasn't completely satisfied was a serial moaner so maybe it's not all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Any more details on this, Jim?
    I am buying a second truck ,looking for a new driver . I take my work from the haulage express where I basically bid for the work . I can take as much as £600 a day , the driver would get a third of that . The secret is getting a job close to where you arrive , either in a home direction or any job that is lucrative. You could stay out all week and make huge money or do a bit of a mix . Probably do it as a self employed role which would be better for the driver but flexible on the employment . I recently did a trip to France that was worth £3400 in 3 days . The driver would take a third of that .
    That was quite unusual for me but I am learning as I go along how to maximise my earnings .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    A few mates left the rails to do this job (thanks to OP for suggestion) I may look into it.

Bruce.. I've heard mixed things off the few lads I know, but that said the one who wasn't completely satisfied was a serial moaner so maybe it's not all that bad.
    I have only spoken to one person I know that works for them as an openreach engineer,and he only had good things to say.I suppose that with a long recruitment process it will give you time to get a feel if it’s going to be suitable for you as well.Good luck with whatever you decide

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I have only spoken to one person I know that works for them as an openreach engineer,and he only had good things to say.I suppose that with a long recruitment process it will give you time to get a feel if it’s going to be suitable for you as well.Good luck with whatever you decide
    Cheers Bruce. Hope it works out for the better for you