+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: China vs Wales

Re: China vs Wales

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Is the other group game Uruguay v Czech Rep being shown live on tv, if so when and where?
    I heard the other day that S4C have it. I presume it’s not on the listings until the final game is decided tomorrow.

Of course China were not match for us, were they ever going to be ? ? ?

I did find it slightly entertaining that on TV they kept on about the commitment of the players turning up for this kick-about

Bale really does lift the side, He genuinely looks like it means the world to him

Ash's free 'header' over an open goal from 3 yards was my highlight.

He wouldn't get in that China team!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

the Sad thing is, when it happened i thought of you

Fantastic result and performance. How often do we hammer opponents away from home? Even the minnows?

China were poor but they don't get beaten like this often - you have to go back 6 years since the last time against Brazil

I was very impressed with Wilson, he's definitely going to become a mainstay in the team in the years to come

Declan John was impressive too, never realise he's still so young!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

Wow! 6-0 and you still want to give ash a good bashing

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wow! 6-0 and you still want to give ash a good bashing
    He’s obsessed and will say anything for a jellybaby

I find it incredible how people can downplay a 6-0 win against international opposition.

Brazil were the last side to hammer China, I think the players deserve full credit for their application today. They did the job and they did it in style.

It was added to the s4c listings earlier today on Sky.

Iceland team v China..

Halldorsson

Jonsson
    Fjoluson
    Arnason
    Saevarsson

Bjarnason
    Sverrisson
    Palsson

Omarsson
    Sigurdarson
    Smarason

Limited knowledge tells me they didn't have a full team out.. but only scored 2 when bringing subs on second half and one was an 88th minute goal..

Let's just praise the team for scoring 6 goals ffs.

I still can't get my head around the idea that some are dismissing this result because we beat a lacklustre Chinese team. They beat Korea 1-0 last year in a qualifier, and I bet we'd struggle to beat Korea. Even if we'd beaten San Marino 6-0 away I think we'd be happy with that, and China could probably beat them too....

Some people just have to be negative I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I still can't get my head around the idea that some are dismissing this result because we beat a lacklustre Chinese team. They beat Korea 1-0 last year in a qualifier, and I bet we'd struggle to beat Korea. Even if we'd beaten San Marino 6-0 away I think we'd be happy with that, and China could probably beat them too....

Some people just have to be negative I suppose.
    https://www.flashscores.co.uk/team/c...vIXD3/results/

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I wonder if Etheridge was in goals when they thrashed The Phillipines 8-1 last year?

Good write up here, plus the goals:---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43501828

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder if Etheridge was in goals when they thrashed The Phillipines 8-1 last year?
    Saw that, doesn't show teams on that link will check the app now and get back..

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Saw that, doesn't show teams on that link will check the app now and get back..
    They had someone named Patrick Deyto in goal and on the bench was Nick O'Donnell (both Global FC keepers - Phillipino league)

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Sounds they've taken their foot off the gas.
    Had they really wanted to, they could have got and England cricket score.
    No way. Wales were never going to lose this.

I thought we played very well. I noticed that we didn't seem to have that "panicky" look about us, a more relaxed approach. The last time I saw Wales score six goals was at a home game v San Marino in 1996. That's 22 years ago! We've played some shit teams since then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I thought we played very well. I noticed that we didn't seem to have that "panicky" look about us, a more relaxed approach. The last time I saw Wales score six goals was at a home game v San Marino in 1996. That's 22 years ago! We've played some shit teams since then as well.
    I'd rather this than our first game being Brazil and getting pumped 2/3 nil being out played and out possessed.

Gives the team and Giggs time to work on things.

I'd rather this than our first game being Brazil and getting pumped 2/3 nil being out played and out possessed.

Gives the team and Giggs time to work on things.
    Yes, it's a confidence thing. We know that teams low on confidence don't succeed.

It's also the first Welsh hat trick since Earnie demolished Scotland in 2004 - 14 years ago.

Let's be honest, not long ago we'd have drawn/lost that, even under Coleman I doubt we'd have gotten 6 so to beat a side 6-0 and to look so comfortable is the sort of thing Germany are used to doing not Wales

Wasn't that long ago we were scraping a 2-1 win against San Marino.
    Let's just be happy we battered a piss poor side which we never do.

Goooooooooooaaaaaaaal de Gareth Bale!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNLjHnKiErM

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Let's be honest, not long ago we'd have drawn/lost that, even under Coleman I doubt we'd have gotten 6 so to beat a side 6-0 and to look so comfortable is the sort of thing Germany are used to doing not Wales

Think I read Bale made his debut or scored his first goal in a game against Slovakia a consolation free kick in a 5-1 hammering..10 years later he scores a free kick in a win against them at the euros. We have come a very long way.