Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: China vs Wales

Re: China vs Wales

Sorry I meant T'Pau.
    As we got China in our hands

What's 60 on the menu ?

Wales were sensational even though China were poor.

Bale and Allen were dominant, great to see John doing well too. Wilson and Vokes were also excellent.

Sensational is a tad hyperbolic given CHina were and are very poor.

The game for me was more a training session - the final will be a far better measuring stick for where we really are. I would say we did score goals, which at other times we probably wouldn't have.

Our problem is still that we lack a world class striker. Kanu, Vokes at best "journeymen" strikers, other cadidates seem better behind a striker than up front.

Vokes and Kanu both play in the Premiership and score goals for Wales,won’t mind them at City next season!

Good win, surprised how poor China are though, was that a reserve team? Think their league needs to stop focusing on buying lower premier league type players for millions and bringing through better Chinese players.

Think giggs will takeaway a lot from the fixture, some decent performances and when we chopped and changed second half we still looked fairly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Think giggs will takeaway a lot from the fixture
    I see what you did there :)

After Bale went off, Bradshaw should have had a couple & Mepham should have had one, shame as it would have been a confidence booster for them

Both score around 1 every 8 games for Wales.

It's odd you want them with us next season when we'll be in the Prem... both are firmly in the Championship category of striker.

Best possible start for Giggs, lots of goals and some great performances

We could have gotten 10 if we really wanted

For people saying "Its only China", they did this competition last year, lost 2-0 to Iceland and drew 1-1 with Croatia. We won 6-0 away from home against the team ranked 65th in the world. Not bad going.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    For people saying "Its only China", they did this competition last year, lost 2-0 to Iceland and drew 1-1 with Croatia. We won 6-0 away from home against the team ranked 65th in the world. Not bad going.
    Were those full strength Icelandic / Croatian sides? Who knows.

You can only beat the team in front of you, China were woeful, we scored when in other years we may have scored only 1 or 2. One game is too small a sample size, let's see wat happens against Uruguay/Czechs, both of whom are far better sides than China.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Sensational is a tad hyperbolic given CHina were and are very poor.

The game for me was more a training session - the final will be a far better measuring stick for where we really are. I would say we did score goals, which at other times we probably wouldn't have.

Our problem is still that we lack a world class striker. Kanu, Vokes at best "journeymen" strikers, other cadidates seem better behind a striker than up front.
    Bale?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bale?
    Not really a striker though, is he?

Not really a striker though, is he?
    Neither is Messi/Ronaldo?

At present China are rated 65 in the World,we are 20th but Russia are at 63 and Finland 68 and we have had a few problems beating them over the years so 6-0 away from home is a tremendous result?

Neither is Messi/Ronaldo?
    And? We are still lacking a world class striker when the options are Vokes or Robson-Kanu. That's undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    At present China are rated 65 in the World,we are 20th but Russia are at 63 and Finland 68 and we have had a few problems beating them over the years so 6-0 away from home is a tremendous result?
    Iran are ranked 33rd in the world. Still trust those rankings?

Ha ha ha Giggs revolution is upon you doubters ,me Ill stick with a real manager and club down the City

Iran are ranked 33rd in the world. Still trust those rankings?
    They made the World Cup

It feels like you're being unnecessarily negative about a 6-0 away win

And? We are still lacking a world class striker when the options are Vokes or Robson-Kanu. That's undeniable.
    Old fashioned strikers are considered to be plodders in the modern game, you don't need them any more.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They made the World Cup

It feels like you're being unnecessarily negative about a 6-0 away win
    Not at all - my point is it was a good win against a very poor side. I've pointed out in years pst we'd have probably won 1 or 2 0.

A better assessment of where we are will be after the final, when we play a side of far higher quality to China.

Old fashioned strikers are considered to be plodders in the modern game, you don't need them any more.
    Who said "old fashioned striker"?

We have quality going forward, in terms of players playing out wide or off a striker. Unless we're going to play some false 9 / total football hybrid, we'll be leading the line with Vokes or Robson-Kanu - and when the best you can say about them is that they aren't Simon Church, that's a problem.

Replacing Vokes / Robson-Kanu has to be a priority going forward.

Is the other group game Uruguay v Czech Rep being shown live on tv, if so when and where?

Trust Giggs to get sex in his first game.