+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It'll be more than £10k. Supporters club were £6k. I think there were around 30 coaches in total at around £800-£900 each
    That's a lot of coaches-All official? Either way, it's a fantastic gesture and good publicity for Tan-Everyone's a winner!

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Can we get reimbursed even if we didn't go?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Can we get reimbursed even if we didn't go?
    I'm sending bridge receipts in along with a fuel receipt and a meal for 6 (for one) in burger king (railway van)

Reckon he'll stump up?

All said. Well done Tan.

What about fans who officially purchased match tickets but made their own way to Derby?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    In fairness to Tan, this is a great gesture.
    Fast becoming my favoured owner , of all time , along with our manager.

Rebrand apart, Vincent Tan has been brilliant and it's good to hear the fans showing appreciation for his gesture and the way the club is being run these past few of years.

It will be a just reward to the owner if the Bluebirds win a second promotion to the Premier League.

And if he subsequently went on to sell I'd be sure it would only be to someone he would be entirely satisfied about.

Thank you, Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's a lot of coaches-All official? Either way, it's a fantastic gesture and good publicity for Tan-Everyone's a winner!
    Not sure how many were official.

Most run through the 'Travel Group',
    we had 3 including one small one. And that's just our group.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What about fans who officially purchased match tickets but made their own way to Derby?
    We don't get reimbursed. Too difficult I expect. But even if not all fans get their travel money back, it is still a great gesture by Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not sure how many were official.

Most run through the 'Travel Group',
    we had 3 including one small one. And that's just our group.
    The quote says officially organised supporter coach travel so it would be worth talking to the Club I guess about whether being part of the Travel Group counts as 'Official'?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Rebrand apart, Vincent Tan has been brilliant and it's good to hear the fans showing appreciation for his gesture and the way the club is being run these past few of years.

It will be a just reward to the owner if the Bluebirds win a second promotion to the Premier League.

And if he subsequently went on to sell I'd be sure it would only be to someone he would be entirely satisfied about.

Thank you, Sir
    Dont let critics of Tan see this, they still wouldnt firgive and forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Dont let critics of Tan see this, they still wouldnt firgive and forget.
    You're right, Cleve. Forgive and forget? Not a chance.

I've seen several good friends go to their graves in recent years having lost a large percentage of their love for a football club that had been an enormous part of their lives before the Emperor engaged on his ego trip. Meanwhile, plenty of other mates have either had their enthusiasm for the club eroded by his words and actions or have lost their connection to it altogether.

Vinnie allegedly shelling out a sum of money that doesn't even equate to a week's wages for most of his senior players in a bid to curry favour with his supporters and gain himself a bit of positive publicity doesn't make a scrap of difference as far as I'm concerned. Credit where it's due though, the Ramsgate saga has certainly made for some entertaining reading during the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I've seen several good friends go to their graves in recent years having lost a large percentage of their love for a football club that had been an enormous part of their lives before the Emperor engaged on his ego trip. Meanwhile, plenty of other mates have either had their enthusiasm for the club eroded by his words and actions or have lost their connection to it altogether.

Vinnie allegedly shelling out a sum of money that doesn't even equate to a week's wages for most of his senior players in a bid to curry favour with his supporters and gain himself a bit of positive publicity doesn't make a scrap of difference as far as I'm concerned. Credit where it's due though, the Ramsgate saga has certainly made for some entertaining reading during the past week.

Whatever your views , it is a nice guesture, as are the season ticket renewal prices,the contribution to the Fred Keenor statue and a few other things he’s done.

If we work on the basis 1500 went up on coaches, 50 per coach = 60 coaches..
    Seen on here 800/900 a coach.. so 850 x 60 = 51000.

Even if you had money would you pay that out if someone else was at fault?

Any of our players on anywhere near that?

My old man still hates tan, pointless trying to change someone's mind on this sort of thing... Even if I can't get my head around the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Even if you had money would you pay that out if someone else was at fault?

Any of our players on anywhere near that

My old man still hates tan, pointless trying to change someone's mind on this sort of thing... Even if I can't get my head around the hate.

I think coaches would be nearer £600 from personal experience, either way still a vast amount of money to give away

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    I think coaches would be nearer £600 from personal experience, either way still a vast amount of money to give away
    Can you tell me where you book your coaches please. ?

Feedback

Life's too short, take a few pills and have a dance ffs

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've just had a read through this thread. Lawnmower (who took coaches to Derby) reckons there were about 30 coaches there in total (more than I imagined), so I reckon that would be around the £25,000 mark if all were to get their travel costs reimbursed - a large sum of money indeed to the average man in the street, but for a football club that apparently lost around £1,750,000 a month last year according to its latest set of accounts, it's not that big a deal at all.

Still, the fact is the actual figures don't make a jot of difference to those of us who were genuinely affected by Tan's words and actions between 2012 and 2015. The damage he did back then can never be repaired as far as I'm concerned and I know plenty of other people feel that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Life's too short, take a few pills and have a dance ffs
    Life's too short for what?

I've just had a read through this thread. Lawnmower (who took coaches to Derby) reckons there were about 30 coaches there in total (more than I imagined), so I reckon that would be around the £25,000 mark if all were to get their travel costs reimbursed - a large sum of money indeed to the average man in the street, but for a football club that apparently lost around £1,750,000 a month last year according to its latest set of accounts, it's not that big a deal at all.

Still, the fact is the actual figures don't make a jot of difference to those of us who were genuinely affected by Tan's words and actions between 2012 and 2015. The damage he did back then can never be repaired as far as I'm concerned and I know plenty of other people feel that way too.
    Boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Boo hoo
    It's not a sad situation as far as I'm concerned. Not any more.

It's not a sad situation as far as I'm concerned. Not any more.

Yet here you are trying to pour scorn on the gesture.

Wether its a drop in the ocean to Tans personal wealth or not, he didnt have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yet here you are trying to pour scorn on the gesture.

Wether its a drop in the ocean to Tans personal wealth or not, he didnt have to do it.
    I'm here because I responded to Cleve van Leef, who apparently felt the need to mention me.

There's plenty Tan didn't have to do, but did all the same.

Cardiff City were/are a big part of my life, but I just moved on and found something else to do. It's only a game after all. I may come back one day, I've left the door open for that, but I haven't suffered any emotional trauma because of it. I just thought to myself ok no problem, you have it your way and I'll have it my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cardiff City were/are a big part of my life, but I just moved on and found something else to do. It's only a game after all. I may come back one day, I've left the door open for that, but I haven't suffered any emotional trauma because of it. I just thought to myself ok no problem, you have it your way and I'll have it my way.
    That sounds very similar to me, except the last sentence would read: "I just thought to myself OK, big problem, you have it your way and I'll have it mine."

Like I said, my old man won't have a good word said about him.

If we took this attitude in to all aspects of life, if have quite a few less friends, probably wouldn't be in the job I am in currently, and if Probably not have access to see my daughter as me and my ex went through it in quite a bad way.

You won't move on, that is your right. For me life's all about forgiving and forgetting.

Why carry all the weight of this around and let it drag you down!!