Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
TLG and I disagree about whether it's right to still stay away but I would just make the following point. If people like TLG, BIS and others had not stayed away and protested loudly against the rebrand (no matter WHEN they finally did it) do you honestly believe that Tan would have changed back to Blue regardless? I don't.

There were a whole load of other underlying issues regarding VT's vision for the Club when he first came in, e.g. it was just another business, etc., which didn't sit well with TLG and he stated his concerns at the time and has been consistent since then.

If you were to look at what we were when VT arrived, and what we are now, then I'd argue that TLG and others have got the majority of their wishes about how they'd like the club to evolve. The problem is that the shit they got at the time from other fans for sticking up for the Club's history has led to them no longer feeling part of a coherent 'tribe'. This has irrevocably destroyed something they treasured and will not be repaired even when VT leaves - and for them the fault lies squarely with VT.

So it's not as easy as saying just let the mistakes be forgotten, even though they've been rectified better than I'd dared hope, as the scars run too deep now I'd guess. The best to hope for is that time will heal some of the scars for these fans.

I'm delighted TLG is attending some games again, though clearly not with the passion he once had. I just hope that BIS and others can find a way to decouple their dislike of Tan from attending matches again with their friends and families. They'd no longer be buying into VT's original vision for the club, but into a club and structure which I'd argue is worth supporting for everything it is now bringing to Cardiff and its communities.
BIS FFS

Such an an anti Tan stalwart that he had to wait 1 YEAR after the rebrand before boycotting