+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

And the moral of the story is that some fans not so much need to move on more like get over themselves.

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm here because I responded to Cleve van Leef, who apparently felt the need to mention me.

There's plenty Tan didn't have to do, but did all the same.
    Seems like you still scour this board looking for mentions of your name? Narcissism is alive and well

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Just saying what I paid- I run coaches regularly but admittedly it’s non football - I guess if your charging £15 a head your covering your costs and a little extra on the side which is fair enough

The thread is actually about V.T’s goodwill but was highjacked by travel club members questioning the £600 cost of a coach , not sure why ?
    Just making sure we are dealing with facts.

And if you charge £15 a head you won't cover your costs.

47 seats on the coach, rarely all full.
    Usually someone doesn't turn up, often after you've paid for a ticket advice well for them.

Then next week it's a long trip up North and there's 20 of you

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Just making sure we are dealing with facts.

And if you charge £15 a head you won't cover your costs.

47 seats on the coach, rarely all full.
    Usually someone doesn't turn up, often after you've paid for a ticket advice well for them.

Then next week it's a long trip up North and there's 20 of you

Ahhh that explains it all then.... and you question who pays for ice creams...

Ahhh that explains it all then.... and you question who pays for ice creams...
    I didn't.
    I pointed out the club probably did- as it ended up doing for virtually everything Hammam did during his spell here .. and more

I didn't.
    I pointed out the club probably did- as it ended up doing for virtually everything Hammam did during his spell here .. and more
    you should know better than that

Scam said " Directors will have to pay for their match tickets and meals, and he'll work 24 hours a day, seven days a week and not take one penny out of the club. "

No really he did

It’s a cheap shot to make out the likes of Tim, Tony, Dibs.etc are on the take. The amount of time and effort these guys spend sorting out travel for others then even if they do manage to carry a small profit on some trips so what? It’s well bloody earnt.

I know for some games in the Euros Dibs was organising several different trips for the same match. 3 night stay, overnight stay, coach and back. Etc.

It’s not at all, I was making reference to how much Tan would have to pay out of his own pocket but the way it was hi- jacked gave that impression , and ultimately I can get a coach for £600 yet get called out for it.

Why don’t you call a few yourself if you think I’m making it up.

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield

It’s not at all, I was making reference to how much Tan would have to pay out of his own pocket but the way it was hi- jacked gave that impression , and ultimately I can get a coach for £600 yet get called out for it.

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield
    Why is it hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Why is it hypocritical?
    Baffled me as well that comment.

And to add on to JR.. I know people who tried to get coaches going and struggled to even make it sustainable as they'd have a bumper crowd one week then shit numbers the next and be out of pocket.

Fait play to anyone who runs a bus, let alone multiple posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Baffled me as well that comment.

And to add on to JR.. I know people who tried to get coaches going and struggled to even make it sustainable as they'd have a bumper crowd one week then shit numbers the next and be out of pocket.

Fait play to anyone who runs a bus, let alone multiple posts.

You've done it now!

Move on where, Matty? And how? People keep using this phrase but they never say what they actually mean by it.
    I would suggest by moving on, give up your ties to the club all together. If you detest Tan so much, why do you still go to the odd game? Your continued interest in the clubs finances, how they are performing, and your continued participation with this MB, suggests to me, that you just can’t let it go.
    I don’t now you personally, and don’t really give a rats arse what you do with your life, but I can tell you that continued inner bitterness toward something, is not good for your health and mind.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you should know better than that

Scam said " Directors will have to pay for their match tickets and meals, and he'll work 24 hours a day, seven days a week and not take one penny out of the club. "

No really he did
    Sam told an awful lot of lies 😉

Sam told an awful lot of lies 😉
    Yet the ones who slag of Tan are the same ones who treated Scam like a God

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Cos they had walks in the beautiful bedlinog countryside on a Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Seems like you still scour this board looking for mentions of your name? Narcissism is alive and well

Hardly. I rarely read this board at all these days and generally only open threads that have been started by one of the small handful of decent contributors that CCMB still attracts. That said, I do tend to respond if I notice a post in which some anonymous twonk is having a go at me, narcissistic bastard that I am.

What I do find hypocritical though is posters having a dig at people Like forever blue and TLG under the Hammam regime for having a few ice creams and free coach travel to Mansfield.
    Nobody has ever paid for me to travel to Mansfield, although Chris Pike did give me a bunch of free tickets for a midweek game up there many moons ago. As for ice cream, I can't remember anyone buying me one of those either, except for my parents when I was a kid. I clearly missed out there.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I would suggest by moving on, give up your ties to the club all together. If you detest Tan so much, why do you still go to the odd game? Your continued interest in the clubs finances, how they are performing, and your continued participation with this MB, suggests to me, that you just can’t let it go.
    I don’t now you personally, and don’t really give a rats arse what you do with your life, but I can tell you that continued inner bitterness toward something, is not good for your health and mind.
    I don't have any ties to the club, apart from plenty of friends who still support it. Why do I still go to the odd game? Well, mainly to keep my friend's widow company, although I've been to a couple of games in recent seasons simply for a day out with my mates. I'm a football fan, you see. I have been pretty much all of my life.

As for retaining an interest in the club, having supported it and been pretty much obsessed with it for almost 40 years and having lots of friends and family members who are still City fans, I think it would be pretty odd if I didn't. Surely you realise there are thousands of people who have an interest in their local football club but who don't actively support it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Unlike you to generalise (by the way, that is sarcasm).

I often criticised Hammam, to the point of him offering me to go and discuss matters further.

I don't have any ties to the club, apart from plenty of friends who still support it. Why do I still go to the odd game? Well, mainly to keep my friend's widow company, although I've been to a couple of games in recent seasons simply for a day out with my mates. I'm a football fan, you see. I have been pretty much all of my life.

As for retaining an interest in the club, having supported it and been pretty much obsessed with it for almost 40 years and having lots of friends and family members who are still City fans, I think it would be pretty odd if I didn't. Surely you realise there are thousands of people who have an interest in their local football club but who don't actively support it?
    I have no beef with you or your stance since the rebrand. As I said, I don’t even know you personally. I do feel you are harbouring an unhealthy bitterness though.
    What ever you or anyone else thinks of Tan, surely offering to reimburse our travelling fans, when it wasn’t our clubs fault for the call off, is an admirable act?
    Even if you hate the guy, why did you feel the need to respond?
    I had a ticket for the game and set off in my car, but I’m not getting reimbursed because I wasn’t part of an official travel set up. I’m not moaning though. I still think it’s a good deed Tan is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I have no beef with you or your stance since the rebrand. As I said, I don’t even know you personally. I do feel you are harbouring an unhealthy bitterness though.
    What ever you or anyone else thinks of Tan, surely offering to reimburse our travelling fans, when it wasn’t our clubs fault for the call off, is an admirable act?
    Even if you hate the guy, why did you feel the need to respond?
    I had a ticket for the game and set off in my car, but I’m not getting reimbursed because I wasn’t part of an official travel set up. I’m not moaning though. I still think it’s a good deed Tan is doing.
    I had the day off on Friday, but I was up early doing a bit of stats work for my section of the office. To break the monotony, I had a quick look at this board, as I often do if I'm at home working on my PC. I read through Penarth Blues' thread as I regard him as one of the few decent contributors left on this or any other CCFC message board. Lo and behold, good old Cleve van Leef had mentioned me in his post (which has since been heavily edited, I note). I responded to that message and have subsequently responded to the responses. It's no more complicated than that.

Reimbursing the official coaches for their aborted trip to Derby is indeed an admirable act, although I'm sure we all have our own opinions as regards the responsibilities, logistics and motivations behind it.

Doesn't have to be some sinister motive behind it does there.

I had the day off on Friday, but I was up early doing a bit of stats work for my section of the office. To break the monotony, I had a quick look at this board, as I often do if I'm at home working on my PC. I read through Penarth Blues' thread as I regard him as one of the few decent contributors left on this or any other CCFC message board. Lo and behold, good old Cleve van Leef had mentioned me in his post (which has since been heavily edited, I note). I responded to that message and have subsequently responded to the responses. It's no more complicated than that.

Reimbursing the official coaches for their aborted trip to Derby is indeed an admirable act, although I'm sure we all have our own opinions as regards the responsibilities, logistics and motivations behind it.

Your last paragraph is where we will have to agree to disagree. At this stage of the season, and the way it seems to be heading, Tan didn’t even have to get involved. No need for him to “curry any favours” as I think you put it.
    The team are flying, promotion looks on the cards, and that in itself will bring a few thousand out of the woodwork again.
    I detested the rebrand as much as anyone, but I can still look at this gesture from Tan and see it as nothing but good will.
    Surely with your initial response on this thread you can see why I think your harbouring an unhealthy bitterness.
    Anyway, I’ll let you have the final word on the matter. I know it means the world to you.