+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mental thread
    Understatement of the year

Re: VT to personally reimburse all officially organised supporter coach travel to Derby

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

As regards Sam Hammam, he was certainly divisive, no doubt about that, but can you remember Cardiff City fans marching through the streets before games holding up banners calling for him to leave? No, nor can I.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25518726
    Seriously? You believe a man who took us to within minutes of taking the club into administration is worse then someone changing the colour of our shirts? It was only because he got ousted from the Club that there weren't marches against him:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...st-sad-2209203

It was a rhetorical question because I know you do think that way but I and many others were grateful to VT for sorting out the finances of this club after years of Hammam almost putting us through. The price was too high for you but most of us hoped we'd end up in a better place in time, and I believe we now have.

Why on earth should I or anybody else "let go of the club 100%"? It was a huge part of my life for a very long time. I no longer actively support it and I won't pay a penny into it while it's owned and controlled by Vincent Tan, but that doesn't mean to say I'm no longer interested it.

Frankly, your comments about using my friend's widow as some kind of justification for attending matches are not only offensive but they are also utterly absurd. It may interest you to learn that I attended two away games last season before he died and I've attended two games this season which she hasn't been at. Like the rest of the population, I don't need any kind of excuse or justification to go and watch a professional football match. I can do so whenever the mood takes me. These days it rarely does, but nevertheless I still attend a handful of games every season, be they internationals, matches abroad or the occasional City game. I even went to watch the Jacks a couple of years ago. I'm a football fan, you see.

As regards Sam Hammam, he was certainly divisive, no doubt about that, but can you remember Cardiff City fans marching through the streets before games holding up banners calling for him to leave? No, nor can I.

Just man up and admit Tans gesture was a decent and genuine thing to do. Your getting boring now..

Has Vinnie been around anybody's house yet to personally reimburse them?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Has Vinnie been around anybody's house yet to personally reimburse them?
    Matron!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Just man up and admit Tans gesture was a decent and genuine thing to do. Your getting boring now..
    The thread was started with a positive piece of news.
    The same crowd kick off with the usual shite.
    I'll never attend blah blah blah
    What heroes they are.

Why on earth should I or anybody else "let go of the club 100%"? It was a huge part of my life for a very long time. I no longer actively support it and I won't pay a penny into it while it's owned and controlled by Vincent Tan, but that doesn't mean to say I'm no longer interested it.

Frankly, your comments about using my friend's widow as some kind of justification for attending matches are not only offensive but they are also utterly absurd. It may interest you to learn that I attended two away games last season before he died and I've attended two games this season which she hasn't been at. Like the rest of the population, I don't need any kind of excuse or justification to go and watch a professional football match. I can do so whenever the mood takes me. These days it rarely does, but nevertheless I still attend a handful of games every season, be they internationals, matches abroad or the occasional City game. I even went to watch the Jacks a couple of years ago. I'm a football fan, you see.

When you were younger, did you knock around with the hooligan element? Did you not put certain hooligans at ccfc and other hooligans on a pedestal?.
    The hooligans caused more harm to this club than wearing a red jersey?

I have to say it’s interesting that when TLG gets involved in a thread, then that thread seems to go on for pages and pages.
    If people think his opinion would s irrelevant does to his ‘non support’ surely you should just ignore him?
    By the way, I have got feelings either way, I’ve been going to the city for 43 years I’ve seen some real characters as chairmen but it’s always the team and Cardiff City. That mattered most to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Seriously? You believe a man who took us to within minutes of taking the club into administration is worse then someone changing the colour of our shirts? It was only because he got ousted from the Club that there weren't marches against him:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...st-sad-2209203

It was a rhetorical question because I know you do think that way but I and many others were grateful to VT for sorting out the finances of this club after years of Hammam almost putting us through. The price was too high for you but most of us hoped we'd end up in a better place in time, and I believe we now have.
    Hammam built up his little following, as if any serious dissent would have been tolerated - we all know full well why Hammam whispered sweet nothings to certain people. It's not like they have been of any use to him in any other capacity, eh?

The shirt colour change was a bad move by Tan, one that has been reversed. Some seem to feel that's worse than the club nearly being liquidated.

Hammam threatened to move the whole club to Dublin at one point but I get the impression that would have been more acceptable to some people than VT changing the colours to red !!. Don't remember anyone from Hammams 'followers' threatening to boycott the club then.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    When you were younger, did you knock around with the hooligan element? Did you not put certain hooligans at ccfc and other hooligans on a pedestal?.
    The hooligans caused more harm to this club than wearing a red jersey?
    Your hooligan point is bang on. 100% this. The number of posts I read claiming the protagonists are ‘misunderstood’ (or variations on that theme) make me want to puke. I’m of an age where I was just starting to go to games without my dad and with my mates when all that bullshit really started....we hated it. The fact that grown men carried it on for 20 or so years makes my skin crawl - everyone I spoke to later in life said wanted to tell me what scum they thought Cardiff fans were.

Grown men wrote books glorifying it and would love it to still be like that now. I think Tan was an arse hole for the whole rebrand but the double standards from some people is unreal.

Almost as stupid as moving to another EU country without speaking the language whilst voting for brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I have to say it’s interesting that when TLG gets involved in a thread, then that thread seems to go on for pages and pages.
    If people think his opinion would s irrelevant does to his ‘non support’ surely you should just ignore him?
    By the way, I have got feelings either way, I’ve been going to the city for 43 years I’ve seen some real characters as chairmen but it’s always the team and Cardiff City. That mattered most to me.
    Couldn't TLG ignore a thread also? He makes his point over and over. Being on this forum for a number of months. You'll see TLG that keeps posting negatively when others take a positive line.
    SH was detrimental big time. Hooligans loved him because he sucked up to them, and vice versa.
    If people think VT was the worst chairman, they have short memories